Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'm really thinking that Andrelton Simmons is the best defensive infielder I've seen since Ozzie Smith

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878972...ynmlb_atlmlb_1

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Tigers and royals remain perfect while the braves fell to the mets yesterday for their first defeat.

Cubs score 3 in the 9th including a two run home run for a great comeback win vs the Rockies 6-5. So Rockies lose two straight after a impressive easy opener win vs the cubs proving the wild nature of baseball. 3-2 and I can't recall when the last time cubs were a above 500 team.
    Cubs had their best offensive showing of the young season in this 2 game win streak by scoring 16 runs after only 3 runs in their first 3 games.

Holy cow cubs do it again late this time in extra innings a walk off single to beat refs in the 10th 7-6. Cubs haven't been two games over 500 since 2009 when Derek rose was in his second season with tjr bulls.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies hit two homers and scored three runs off Matt Harvey who, in five previous starts against the Phightins boasted a 4-0 record with a 1.08 ERA, yet, we still lost to the Mets to the tune of 6-5. Oh, well, better luck tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Up comes Kris Bryant tomorrow. Let's see what you're made of kid.

Tigers have the best record in Baseball all while Verlander is on the DL...if he comes back healthy. Ohhhh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Tigers have the best record in Baseball all while Verlander is on the DL...if he comes back healthy. Ohhhh yeah.
    The Tigers certainly have the potential to be a damn scary team at the plate. I know it's early, but I see them as the top team of the junior circuit.

Mets are on a high 5 game win streak and in first place. 5 game win streak first time since 2013.
    The mets could be a surprise team this year.

Also Keith olberman is damn wrong if he truly believes I and others will be cheering the foolishness of a fan that runs onto the field breaking the rule. His logic is we live in the age of antiheroes so we'll cheer for this foolishness.

Also complaining about no bad blood like the old days seriously Keith people can easily tell the difference between spring training and regular season by looking at the damn Calendar, also you can have intense rivalries without physical violence for baseball.

The Cubs much talked about young phenom, Kris Bryant was called up yesterday and made his much ballyhooed debut at Wrigley against San Diego. However, things didn't go according to plan for the youngster as he went 0-4 and struck out in his first three at-bats against James "Big Game" Shields in a 5-4 loss to the Fathers. Better luck today, kid.

BANNED

Even Trout struggled from the start. That's the blessing and curse of baseball, it's a long damned season. Hope he ends up working out. Not a Cubs fan, but I feel sympathy (like I've said before) because I was a fan of the Red Sox when they were the "loveable losers" and I liked Theo. And it's just good for baseball to have a hard-hitting rookie building excitement in a city without a lot of it for their baseball teams.

Giants have lost 8 straight. They need to get it together, or they sure won't be repeating as champs.

(Incidentally, they got beat 9-0 by Arizona... doubting anyone guessed Josh Collmenter would be the first pitcher with a complete game shutout this season.)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Giants have lost 8 straight. They need to get it together, or they sure won't be repeating as champs.
    The Giants weren't going to repeat anyway. They only win the World Series in even numbered years. So, be patient and wait until October 2016 for the next victory parade.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    With 150 games to go, I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Mariners are off to a terribly disappointing start. Hopefully they don't get swept by the Rangers.