Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I like Mack, but it was nonsense for him to beat a guy that they just did a five minute movie on. The loss wouldnt have hurt Mack at all.
    At least they did a movie on an actual wrestler this time... even if it's one that's apparently jobbing right out of the gate.

By biggest complaint over the first episode (and indicentally it's the first time I watched the show) was that they spent like 5-10 minutes on a promo about their announcer. Who then acted completely normal for the rest of the show. Seemed kinda pointless.

Doing a mini movie on someone who jobs rather than someone who just announces is less pointless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At least they did a movie on an actual wrestler this time... even if it's one that's apparently jobbing right out of the gate.

By biggest complaint over the first episode (and indicentally it's the first time I watched the show) was that they spent like 5-10 minutes on a promo about their announcer. Who then acted completely normal for the rest of the show. Seemed kinda pointless.

Doing a mini movie on someone who jobs rather than someone who just announces is less pointless.
    Yeah, i know Cofnette got crapped on cor saying this isn't pro wrestling. He is right this is a show thats based on pro wrestling. A damn entertaining one, buts its pure sports entertainment. Honestly, its the next logical step for the WWE with the WWE doing movies that no one sees.

I like Mack, but it was nonsense for him to beat a guy that they just did a five minute movie on. The loss wouldnt have hurt Mack at all.
    the loss would've hurt mack actually, i know as soon as i saw mack was pj's opponent i thought "oh no, they're makiing willie into enhancement talent" but then he won, and even though willie won i'm honestly not even slightly worried that pj is going to be a jobber going forward.

i think the safer way to go would've been to book pj vs famous B or one of the disciple guys in their jobber alter egos and have pj go over but lucha underground is showing their not scared to do things a little differently which definitely makes them less predictable in a good way so far. they've earned my faith i their booking. vampiro did a poor job of putting pj over during the match though.

vampiro isn't just an announcer though, he was 1/2 of one of the biggest angles of the entire 1st season and before it was over he wrestled. he also didn't do announcing anymore once he went into his full on vampiro personality.

go back and watch again if you don't believe me but vampiro acted differently once pentagon showed up not only in the first episode but also the 2nd.

the point was to show why he's not in that persona anymore, why he's doing commentary again and that he's still a fukn psycho deep down that could and most likely will snap again. imo it's way too early in the game to call anything out as pointless.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, they are going with the slow burn with Vampiro. I dont know if Vampiro is a strong enough actor to pull it off. Plus its weird since that whole fued was a slow burn with s big pay off. Its comes off as a reset.You cant put Kaiser Soze back in the bottle.

Yeah, they are going with the slow burn with Vampiro. I dont know if Vampiro is a strong enough actor to pull it off. Plus its weird since that whole fued was a slow burn with s big pay off. Its comes off as a reset.You cant put Kaiser Soze back in the bottle.
    top notch acting isn't required here, telenovella/b movie acting will do, maybe even be more appropriate. in the very least i'm interested in finding out what happened between vamp and pentagon so mission accomplished there.

this weeks show was cool, especially the main event. sadly no time travel this week.

ivelise, angelico, havok jr vs chavito, cisco, castro was fun. postmatch return of texano jr was good to see. i dig texano.

joey ryan vs brian cage was short but decent. joey got in more offense than i xpected when finding out his opponent was cage. when joey promised to make short work of opponent i knew he was going to get his ass kicked. the whole undercover cop thing is pretty funny. awesome finish and post match stuff further building towards cage vs mundo next week.

prince puma vs pentagon jr main event was just awesome and still left plenty on the table for a return match. again vampiro acts differently when it comes to pentagon, especially when puma was threatening to break his arm post match.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'm expecting Mack/Star vs. The Moths this week.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

I didn't know there was a Lucha Underground thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the loss would've hurt mack actually, i know as soon as i saw mack was pj's opponent i thought "oh no, they're makiing willie into enhancement talent" but then he won, and even though willie won i'm honestly not even slightly worried that pj is going to be a jobber going forward.

i think the safer way to go would've been to book pj vs famous B or one of the disciple guys in their jobber alter egos and have pj go over but lucha underground is showing their not scared to do things a little differently which definitely makes them less predictable in a good way so far. they've earned my faith i their booking. vampiro did a poor job of putting pj over during the match though.

vampiro isn't just an announcer though, he was 1/2 of one of the biggest angles of the entire 1st season and before it was over he wrestled. he also didn't do announcing anymore once he went into his full on vampiro personality.

go back and watch again if you don't believe me but vampiro acted differently once pentagon showed up not only in the first episode but also the 2nd.

the point was to show why he's not in that persona anymore, why he's doing commentary again and that he's still a fukn psycho deep down that could and most likely will snap again. imo it's way too early in the game to call anything out as pointless.
    I didn't watch the first season, so perhaps that might have made the segment more meaningful to me.

If there's a long term pay off there I guess it's fine... but to me that was using a lot of air time and a lot of resources just to explain him being an announcer again. That was practically a mini movie... it's no wonder this company is in the red if that's the amount of resources and production are involved in simply justifying Vampire returning to the announce booth.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I'm expecting Mack/Star vs. The Moths this week.
    i wondering who is going to be marty's sister now.

I didn't watch the first season, so perhaps that might have made the segment more meaningful to me.

If there's a long term pay off there I guess it's fine... but to me that was using a lot of air time and a lot of resources just to explain him being an announcer again. That was practically a mini movie... it's no wonder this company is in the red if that's the amount of resources and production are involved in simply justifying Vampire returning to the announce booth.
    again it wasn't just to to explain/justify vampiro doing commentary again. it also xplained why he wasn't at pentagon's side anymore, show he's still a psycho repressing his inner darkness and segue into catrina and mil taking over operations of the temple.

anyways i'm not here to analyze their financial decisions but i don't believe they xpected to make money off this show when they don't even charge admission to get in.

pretty good episode this week though i do wish they could get in a little more ring time. lots of drama outside the ring this week.

yack evans vs PJ black was short but did it's job. PJ lost in a way that seems to be setting up a 3 way beef between evan, black, & drago. that backslide pin evans does is still amazing every time i see it.

killshot vs cuerno was cool, striker was talking up killshot a lot saying he was picking him as his guy to watch for the season. i think these 2 make for a good feud but would actually be an awesome tag team, guess they'd need one more partner though to be a trio. later on cuerno was like fuk the deal he had with catrina and catrina was like fuk that, you got fenix in a ladder match next week.

tejano vs the crew gauntlet match, i enjoyed probably more than most since i like chavo, cisco, & castro. anyways the match progressed that feud well enough and i'm sure we're getting closer to tejano getting a hold of chavo and the crew breaking up.

main event was great and i thought they worked a pretty smart match yet still got in plenty of cool spots. cage was protected well in his loss and should still be in contention for the title. the title scene is really hot right now. pentagon jr, puma, cage, mundo & cueno and fenix just outside looking in.

lucha UG was awesome this week. finally got to see marty's sister, awesome main event title match, oh and that nunchuck fight. i think it's awesome that everybody carries nunchucks around the temple.

willie vs marty was short but fun. the purpose of the match was to introduce marty's sister mariposa. mari's appearance was enough to make sexy star lose her ****. i think mariposa and kobra moon have too similar a look.
    wow, the big guy can fly, and i'm not talking about willie.

drago ran into jack in the bathroom but before they could fight pj black showed up, then a fukn nunchuck fight broke out!! and as if that wasn't awesome enough, aero star returned from space with his cosmic nunchucks!!

if you don't like male vs female wrestling DO NOT WATCH cage vs taya. taya put up a good fight but cage destroyed her in johnny holmes place. postmatch cage proved he isn't human and johnny sacrificed taya to save himself again.

main event title match 3 way was just awesome. everybody got to shine and mil looked like a complete monster. fenix better be ready to die again next week.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

matanza.jpg

Nice knowing everyone.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

They had a nunchaku fight? REALLY!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium