Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default lucha underground

whos watching lucha underground on the el rey network or online? i think its one of the best wrestling shows on right now with superstars like Alberto Del Rio Drago Fenix Johnny Mundo Angélico and Prince Puma i can see the show geting biger as time gos by what do you all think?

LOVE lucha underground. great blend of american indy style with lucha libre both of which i'm quite fond of. also i think it's great how they embrace the cheesey bad acting that's synonymous with wrestling and make it part of the shows charm.

this week was just OK, not as much wrestling as usual.
    chavo vs mil muertes was actually good while it lasted. kind of hard to say if catrina turned face on mil or mil turned face?? weird situation.

i liked the interview with texano before he squashed superfly. not sure why they used superfly there rather than say.....mariachi loco?? the post match brawl with alberto was good. they have my interest in this feud.

ivelisse vs angelico was ok and moved her storyline with hijo del havok(who knew she had a kid old enough to have a beard like that??).

the crew vs sexy star/pimpinela/mascarita sagrado was a good violent beatdown with sexy working a strong comeback before big ryck came out. even though the crew will probably get beat up by ryck i'm still happy about the progress they've made from jobbers.

Shane Strickland under the name Kill Shot Hernandez Martin Casaus and Olympic wrestler Jeffrey Cobb have all signd up with lucha underground do you all think Samoa Joe is going to join up with LU next?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Shane Strickland under the name Kill Shot Hernandez Martin Casaus and Olympic wrestler Jeffrey Cobb have all signd up with lucha underground do you all think Samoa Joe is going to join up with LU next?
    I'd say there's a 50-50 chance, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    i was just talking about cobb the other day, he's got some impressive moves.

casaus is martin from the last WWE tough enough, not sure what he's been up to since then but i bet he's better than silent rage. shane strickland is decent in CZW but seems to be improving all the time.

Spectacular Member

Wiki says Casaus is Mexican-American. Paul London is promoting himself for LU, he's Mexican-American too and can speak Spanish so he would seem to be of some value, since El Rey supposedly targets Hispanics, and so far, they got no heroes to cheer for.

Willie Mack seems to have signed too, Samoa Joe could be interesting, but does not seem to be very likely to end in Lucha Underground. I rather a couple of Japanese workers to join, maybe AAA could hire them to work in Mexico and take the trip to LA as needed to cut costs of constantly flying in and out to Japan.

Then again, with only 1 hour per week, the roster can't really grow out that much.... can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Wiki says Casaus is Mexican-American. Paul London is promoting himself for LU, he's Mexican-American too and can speak Spanish so he would seem to be of some value, since El Rey supposedly targets Hispanics, and so far, they got no heroes to cheer for.

Willie Mack seems to have signed too, Samoa Joe could be interesting, but does not seem to be very likely to end in Lucha Underground. I rather a couple of Japanese workers to join, maybe AAA could hire them to work in Mexico and take the trip to LA as needed to cut costs of constantly flying in and out to Japan.

Then again, with only 1 hour per week, the roster can't really grow out that much.... can it?
    that's what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    seeing as lot of lucha underground wrestlers work between AAA and lucha underground i dont think its to big a problem .

good show to night cage is a Beast i wonder if he is going to be the new Lucha Underground Champion?

AWESOME episode tonight.

aerostar vs drago was fun. they seemed a little off in the beginning but got back on track in quick order. match was short but sweet and sets up a series.

cage vs puma was awesome. also a little on the short side but it was a quick pace as they went right at it with no feeling out process needed. cool finish and set up for a future encounter.

pentagon jr murdered a norcal jobber, good to see him rolling along and picking up steam.

johnny holmes vs king cuerno was great. crazy brawl post match and once again laying groundwork for the future. damn i wish we could get an xtra 1/2 hour of this when guys aren't on for a week they're really missed.

Astonishing Member

im gonna have for look at that later

Mighty Member

I'm calling it.

The Dark Lord is Matanza

and Matanza is spoilers:
    Averno
    end of spoilers
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I'm calling it.

The Dark Lord is Matanza

and Matanza is spoilers:
    Averno
    end of spoilers
    that would be great. i was wondering what your thoughts on LUG were, do you see it not being REAL lucha libre as a good or bad thing??

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that would be great. i was wondering what your thoughts on LUG were, do you see it not being REAL lucha libre as a good or bad thing??
    There are things that I do wish were there to make it more authentic (tres caidas, technico and rudo refs), but I can totally understand why they aren't there.

It does seem like a good gateway for modern Lucha Libre. Specifically AAA.

Mighty Member

And I just realized who Mil Muertes is.

Knew that tat pattern looked familiar.