Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    well we got Prince Puma and a great platform to watch him work
    oh yeah it worked out for us but for him he already had multiple great platforms to work on, he wanted that WWE money/fame/recognition.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-07-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    They had some choice words for Sexy Star when she tried out. They weren't particularly impressed by her.
    Sometimes I think talent scouts are not on the same page with the evaluators.

Their supposed issues: 1. She didn't look like a "diva" (Tell that to the people scouting) and 2. She couldn't speak English. (I think that's fair, even though they it seems like they should have known that and not wasted her time asking her to a tryout to begin with)

Lucha Underground's narrative style show works in Sexy's favor, but in a classic American wrestling show, it would be hard for her to put her in storylines. TNA dropped that talented Japanese worker they had for similar reasons. (I'm totally blanking on her name)

BANNED

Hamada? bigger girl, had some matches with ODB

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Their supposed issues: 1. She didn't look like a "diva" (Tell that to the people scouting) and 2. She couldn't speak English. (I think that's fair, even though they it seems like they should have known that and not wasted her time asking her to a tryout to begin with)

Lucha Underground's narrative style show works in Sexy's favor, but in a classic American wrestling show, it would be hard for her to put her in storylines. TNA dropped that talented Japanese worker they had for similar reasons. (I'm totally blanking on her name)
    While I am not a fan of the WWE giving non english speaking performers jobs, divas who rarely get a chance to speak is a grey area. She is a mysterious masked woman who doesnt speak english. You do interview with her with Cole slaw and you move on.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

there's like 4 masked wrestlers that never speak, i don't see why a diva couldn't do the same. actually i'm not even sure if alicia fox can speak english. also they could've justified rosa mendez employment by having her translate and manage sexy if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Hamada? bigger girl, had some matches with ODB
    i think she's more remembered in her TNA run for her matches with alyssa flash, sarita, taylor wilde and tag run with kong than any match with ODB. also if anybodies interested hamada is 1/2 mexican, her dad gran hamada worked in mexico, moved there, married a mexican woman and they had her.

i already miss lucha underground a lot. so what did you guys think of the epilogue?? my favorite parts were marty going complete psycho on sexy star(who's marty's sister??), aerostar & drago blasting and flying off into the night, and vampiro & pentagon going someplace dark.

honorable mention for fenix driving off in that sweet trans am with cuerno following in his truck.

lucha underground blended the lucha style with US indy pretty seamlessly i wonder if at some point they'll try some japanese talent?? maybe some DG, or M-pro guys??

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Based on Catrina's tweet, Marty's sister is spoilers:
    Cheerleader Melissa
    end of spoilers.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Based on Catrina's tweet, Marty's sister is spoilers:
    Cheerleader Melissa
    end of spoilers.
    OHH SHIT SON!! i saw her name on the roster list a long time ago and completely forgot about it. will be great to see her on TV again, always been a fan of her. it's a shame she didn't make it to TV in season one, her and i was looking forward to seeing jeff cobb too.

it's baaaaaaaaaaaaack pinche PERROS!!!!

season 2 kicked off with a solid episode. not a whole lot on the cinematic scene side of things this week aside from vampiro's release from the mental hospital at the start and then a thing with dario & black lotus feeding some douchers to dario's monster bro at the end.

cuerno vs fenix for the gift from the god title was awesome. bunch of cool spots and great action. in the back it seems cuerno is in cahoots wit mil & catrina.

ivelise vs angelico vs hijo del havoc for an immediate title shot was fun.

ivelise vs mil muertes for the title was very well done. did a great job of making you believe ivelise had a chance to win at the moments you were supposed to and that she didn't have a chance in hell at times too.

postmatch stuff with puma making the save was good and then pentagon jr was a nice surprise. very interested to see where they go and can't wait for next week.

incidentally on the day of the royal rumble i was talking to my neighbor and he told me he was going to a lucha underground taping soon and i instantly became insanely jealous.

Astonishing Member

Not feeling Catrina new look.She isnt coming off as the classic femme fatale like last season.

And that will be the only negative thing, i have to say about this wall to wall awesome that LU was last night.

1 episode in and we've already got 3 murders, not counting the ones in vampiro's fantasy.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

always love to see my boy, pentagon jr, doing what he does best: break arms!

pentagon's new mask with the perro tribute is pretty sweet too.

another good night, 3 solid matches though nothing as good as cuerno vs fenix last week.

mundo vs killshot was short but had some cool spots, killshot got to show off some impressive offense.

post match stuff was good, showed everybody wants a piece of muertes and set up cage vs mundo. cage shoulder blocked the holy hell out of mudno.

mack vs PJ black was good. i fully xpected mack to be doing the job here, and maybe he should have idk. really cool finish though.

pentagon jr & prince puma vs disciples of deathhad solid action. did a great job of building puma vs pentagon but didn't do the trios champions any favors. they should probably get the titles off of those 3 soon.

a lot of cinematic drama tonight. PJ black got a intro segment which made it kind of weird to see him do a job so soon, there was a locker room fight between puma and pentagon, marty still has sexy star held prisoner, and we got a look at kobra moon and she's who i think she is i'm not real happy as i think she could be better as something else. oh and dragon azteca jr and rey debuted in the closing credits scene which was pretty cool.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-04-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

I like Mack, but it was nonsense for him to beat a guy that they just did a five minute movie on. The loss wouldnt have hurt Mack at all.