Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    There are things that I do wish were there to make it more authentic (tres caidas, technico and rudo refs), but I can totally understand why they aren't there.

It does seem like a good gateway for modern Lucha Libre. Specifically AAA.
    i see it more as an alternative to AAA. i love that i get to see those guys w/o having to watch AAA. i think it goes w/o saying that i do not like AAA but i wouldn't mind more PPV with english commentary.

lucha underground returned to form this week. fenix vs muertes was short but sweet. still it almost feels like mil is the face in all this, or at least not as much of a heel as catrina. the plot thickens.

sexy star vs ryck wasn't much of a match but more about the storyline with the crew, which i'm cool with.

alberto vs texano was pretty good. mostly a brawl but still had some pretty good wrestling spots. finish was what it was because the feud is going to continue.

king cuerno looked pretty suave in his cowboy street attire and i'm looking forward to him vs johnny holmes in a cage next week.

Last edited by BigLbo; 03-05-2015 at 07:54 AM.

i wonder what king cuerno has to do with black lotus?

the video i watched was choppy as hell but it seemed like a good episode this week. cuerno/mundo in the cage was pretty damn good.

pentagon nearly murdering argenis was fun. ivelisse vs angelico w/hijo del havok as ref was just kind of there. cuerno vs johnny holmes was a great main event.

Mighty Member

For all we know, Psycho Clown could be the Black Lotus.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Just caught the coffin match between Mil Muertes and Fenix. That was pretty freaking awesome. Much better than the Kane nonsense on raw.

Maxine still looks really damn hot btw.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the video i watched was choppy as hell but it seemed like a good episode this week. cuerno/mundo in the cage was pretty damn good.

pentagon nearly murdering argenis was fun. ivelisse vs angelico w/hijo del havok as ref was just kind of there. cuerno vs johnny holmes was a great main event.

Just watched this now and yeah it was a nice episode for sure.

I like that you couldn't just walk out of the cage like you can in the E now. That is cheap and an anti-logic way to run a cage match. Even if sizes were greatly different, being locked in with a much bigger guy would be offset by being lighter and more able to climb. But just allowing someone to walk out a door makes it theoretical for even a non wrestler to fairly commonly win.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Just caught the coffin match between Mil Muertes and Fenix. That was pretty freaking awesome. Much better than the Kane nonsense on raw.

Maxine still looks really damn hot btw.
    yes it was a hell of a good show!

lucha underground was badass tonight. i've never enjoyed banderas/mesias/muertes much if at all but the grave consequences was just great. aerostar vs drago and the crew vs big ryk was damn good too. that was simply a fantastic hour long show.

2 blowoff matches in one episode. i wonder where fenix and catrina go from here?? maybe a heel turn for fenix??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-19-2015 at 12:49 AM.

GOD DAMN, this show is awesome.

angelico vs havok jr was good storytelling and makes me think the people booking the show are smart enough to realize when the crowd taken to somebody and flexible enough to do something with it. havok jr i'm pretty sure was just intended to be a jobber but got over with the crowd so much they were clamoring to see him finally win. they did a good job giving him his win finally and turning him in the process.

alberto vs texano bullrope AAA title match was great. they xplained you could win by pin or submission as well as the usual touch 4 corners rule. anyways they beat each other up and used the rope and no DQ stip to serve the match well. just good stuff and a pretty cool finish.

prince puma vs cage LUG title boyle heights street fight was awesome. i love that this main evented over the AAA title match, it says "OUR title is the most important title on OUR show" and the new belt looks impressive. anyways these guys were killing each other and went all out. the finish i wasn't crazy about as on 1 hand it puma didn't win decisively but on the other cage was protected. overall though it didn't hurt the match for me so i'm fine with it.

Spectacular Member

This is turning from "Episodic" TV into "Epicsodic", OK, 19 was much more epic but 20 was still great. Save for Pentagon's master, Aerostar vs Drago and Black Lotus, most of the threads were tied up in the 3-hour PPV aired over 3 weeks Next week should be a perfect jumping in point, they're firing in all cylinders by now, Puma and the other's spots are amazing to begin with, but the camerawork is making them look even awesomer...

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    This is turning from "Episodic" TV into "Epicsodic", OK, 19 was much more epic but 20 was still great. Save for Pentagon's master, Aerostar vs Drago and Black Lotus, most of the threads were tied up in the 3-hour PPV aired over 3 weeks Next week should be a perfect jumping in point, they're firing in all cylinders by now, Puma and the other's spots are amazing to begin with, but the camerawork is making them look even awesomer...
    agreed, i was saying the same thing in the other thread.

with as much as people are not enjoying the WWE right now they could be enjoying and talking about this show.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    agreed, i was saying the same thing in the other thread.

with as much as people are not enjoying the WWE right now they could be enjoying and talking about this show.
    for real between LUCHA UNDERGROUND and TNA i just dont see the point in wwe.

the only problem with LUG is it's given me my lucha fix w/o watching real lucha libre and i've been way out of the loop with CMLL. i've missed most of the awesomeness that was kamaitachi vs dragon lee.

BANNED

the tag team trios tournament begins tonight

first match will be big ryck killshot and the mack vs sexy starr superfly and pentagon junior