Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Lucha Underground is geting a new Championship its calld the Gift of the Gods Championship.

what the shits?????

great show to night Prince Puma vs Drago was off the hook.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    I too was pleased with the show last night. Another fine effort all around.

Its funny how LU has relatively few women on their roster, yet gets more accomplished with them than the E does with a cast of a dozen plus.
    Already looking forward to seeing how LU uses my favorite diva ever, spoilers:
    Melina
    end of spoilers.

good show tonight.

dario introducing the crew to his brother was funny and LUG is one of few promotions who can pull that kind of stuff off properly.

killshot vs fenix was cool. strickland doesn't have much xperience period and much less against lucha guys but i still thought the match came off pretty well.

#1 contender 3 way cage/cuerno/hernandez was good and marty the moth's run in was awesome. looking forward to seeing what they do with marty's character. everybody looked pretty good in this match, well xcept marty.

drago vs prince puma was great. some people might not like how puma's not winning his matches clean but imo that's all playing into the storyline with konehead. things are getting very interesting with konehead/puma/hernandez especially now that hernandez is the #1 contender.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Lucha Underground is geting a new Championship its calld the Gift of the Gods Championship.
    It's more of a money in the bank thing than a championship, or better said, a no. 1 contender for the LU belt thing.

drago vs prince puma was great. some people might not like how puma's not winning his matches clean but imo that's all playing into the storyline with konehead. things are getting very interesting with konehead/puma/hernandez especially now that hernandez is the #1 contender.
    Let's see how it plays out. It kinda seems as if LU takes its time to show some stuff, Mil Muertes showed up with Catrina, and then they went to show how is her the actual dominant figure in the relationship (with Fenix being just a pawn in her games), and now they're working in making Puma a babyface, first him "falling from grace" with outside factors making him keep the belt, guess he'll have to go solo and get in his way for redemption...

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    It's more of a money in the bank thing than a championship, or better said, a no. 1 contender for the LU belt thing.

Let's see how it plays out. It kinda seems as if LU takes its time to show some stuff, Mil Muertes showed up with Catrina, and then they went to show how is her the actual dominant figure in the relationship (with Fenix being just a pawn in her games), and now they're working in making Puma a babyface, first him "falling from grace" with outside factors making him keep the belt, guess he'll have to go solo and get in his way for redemption...
    i get the feeling the story is konehead keeps puma from winning clean so puma will always feel he needs konehead and then when puma finally realizes he doesn't need konehead that's when konehead turns on him. i wonder if they will put the belt on hernandez.

Fantastic Member

I'm really starting to dig Lucha Underground. Makes Sin Cara Classic look like he's total crap, cuz these guys are absolute, undeniable pros. I'm loving the Puma storyline, and hope Draco makes a return down the line.

do they defend the Gift of the Gods Championship like a regular Title?

Spectacular Member

The season finale had the first match for the "Gift of the Gods" so we'll see if it is defended until next season. Dario say the title shot won't be granted immediately, he wants time to "promote the match", fine, but since he brings up stips out of nowhere... O.o

not as good as last week but still a very good show.

good show, great main event.

cisco & cortez with bael vs angelico & havok jr with ivelise was good and sets up the crew to get another shot at the trios title while the dysfunctional trio are as dysfunctional as ever

texano vs daivari wasn't really a match but just progressed their feud.

cuerno & cage vs hernandez & puma was a fun match and saw the puma/hernandez/konehead storyline take the next step. i'm still thinking konehead turns on puma.

alberto vs johnny holmes was a great main event. alberto heeled it up quite a bit and that was great to see. good work by holmes too, just an all around great #1 contenders match between the 2

Spectacular Member

I liked this week's ep... it felt somewhat AAA flavored with all the chaotic stuff going on (partners not wanting each other, twice!, Mesi... I mean, Muertes rising again, and the non-match). They kinda need that 2nd hour, i would hope a second weekly show rather and 2 per night, but it won't happen anytime soon (if ever)- they could've moved Daiviri and Black Lotus to another episode, dunno.

I liked this week's ep... it felt somewhat AAA flavored with all the chaotic stuff going on (partners not wanting each other, twice!, Mesi... I mean, Muertes rising again, and the non-match). They kinda need that 2nd hour, i would hope a second weekly show rather and 2 per night, but it won't happen anytime soon (if ever)- they could've moved Daiviri and Black Lotus to another episode, dunno.
    i almost hope black lotus never wrestles and that's just a story that plays out in cut scenes for years to come, maybe even one day spins off into it's own series on el rey.

Spectacular Member

I was thinking the same thing, they could do a "Charlie's Angels" kinda show with more ladies showing up wanting revenge on "Matanza". But the problem is that they've gone for so long with the storyline that people want some resolution, maybe just beat some generic big guy, then "Dragon Azteca" turns out to be the real killer of Black Lotus parents, heck, he's being killing people for a while, looking for orphans to train into killing machines, not the most original idea, but something Rodriguez would do...