Page 6 of 260 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It picks up towards the end, and the climax is probably even better than Way of Kings.
    It's bigger, but I don't know about better. It's basically the same climax as Way of Kings, just with more superpowers.

Just about to finish the Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. The Devil comes to post-revolution athiest Russia and most definitely proves that he exists. An incredible satirical novel that shows the hypocracy of the elite in a supposedly classless society.

Then it's on to Isaac Asimov's The Gods Themselves.
    Last edited by Babylon23; 05-05-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

Nearly done with Doctor Who: 11 Doctors 11 Stories. It’s a pretty good anthology in spite of me only being familiar with two of the authors and a handful of the Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It's bigger, but I don't know about better. It's basically the same climax as Way of Kings, just with more superpowers.
    Yeah, this is true thinking back on it. I remember reading it and being on the edge of my seat, but I feel looking back on it it really is the same climax. Though I still love both books dearly and can't wait for the third book.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Astonishing Member

Currently reading Herman Hesse's Siddartha.

Recently finished Gaiman's The Ocean at the end of the Lane

Incredible Member

Recently finished Philip Noyce: Backroads to Hollywood and Stephen King's Misery. Loved them both. Just last night started JW Rinzler's The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Rereading Meg Cabot's Princess in Love, because I need something I can pick up, put down, pick up, put down repeatedly at any point, while I work. And, because somewhere not very far to the back of my brain I am a teenage princess with irrational angst and a crush on Wolverine, who thinks Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.

Has anyone read the Wool series by Hugh Howey? I've been wanting for awhile, but I can't justify spending any money on them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Just about to finish the Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. The Devil comes to post-revolution athiest Russia and most definitely proves that he exists. An incredible satirical novel that shows the hypocracy of the elite in a supposedly classless society.
    What an amazing book. I first read this when I was still in university and it was like someone had tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Okay, get ready for the craziest book you have ever read. This is what literature can look like."

I just finished "Correction" by Thomas Bernhard. Perhaps some Germans or Austrians on here will know this guy. The book concerns a deeply troubled scientist who commits suicide (you find this out on page one) after building the Cone, a cone-shaped home for his sister. Why he did this and his sister's reaction are gradually revealed throughout a story that can only be called obsessive and claustrophobic. I won't forget this book but I think I'll take a break before reading another Bernhard.

Continuing with some books in Dutch, I just started reading A. F. Th. vd Heijdens De Helleveeg for a book club I recently joined. Meanwhile, Het goddelijke monster is turning out to be quite an intriguing read, and I'm headed toward the conclusion, and am curious about the next two installments of the trilogy.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Recently finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Enjoyed it from start to finish, although I did not get every reference. I'll read it again sooner or later.

Now I'm reading Philip K. Dick's The Man in The High Castle for the first time. So far it has been great. After that, I'll start Miguel Delibe's Los Santos Inocentes, a Spanish novel from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Now I'm reading Philip K. Dick's The Man in The High Castle for the first time. So far it has been great.
    that one's a cracking read.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

All-New Member

Been on an exclusively comics kick for a bit now, but I'm going to give Confessions of a Dope Dealer another read.

BANNED

Gone Girl..by Gillian FLynn...I figure I better read it before the movie.

Still working my way through Fleming's James Bond series. I am on You Only Live Twice.