Page 241 of 261 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3912
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ive just been way to focused on comic book reading and have shied away from normal reading for too long. I need to find a healthy balance.
    Oh, I agree. It's my mindset when it comes to the types of non-comics reading I do, too, so it's just not a single genre all of the time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I just started Cormac McCarthy's latest novel, The Passenger, and I will follow it with its sequel, also McCarthy's latest novel, as they were published simultaneously, Stella Maris
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I'm doing some adult learning to get ahead at my new job, and am reading Quality Control for Dummies, to be followed by Lean Six Sigma for Dummies. After my on the road portion of training has settled, I will look into some online learning for computer coding with an emphasis on whatever language my job is using.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Started reading

The Complete Cases of Bill Brent, Volume 2
    by Frederick C. Davis

Stories were originally published in 1942 and 1943.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Started reading[indent]
    I wonder if Barbara Hale modeled for that. The clincher would have been an Amana refrigerator in the background.

I just finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Skavenslayer by William King.

So now I am going to move onto How Few Remain By Harry Turtledove the first book in my favorite Alternate history series.

And Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So now I am going to move onto How Few Remain By Harry Turtledove the first book in my favorite Alternate history series.
    The only Turtledove I have read is the standalone Ruled Britannia, which was terrific. Since Shakespeare is the focus of the book, just about every famous line from the Bard's plays can be found within the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The only Turtledove I have read is the standalone Ruled Britannia, which was terrific. Since Shakespeare is the focus of the book, just about every famous line from the Bard's plays can be found within the novel.
    I have never read that one. To be honest the Only Turtledove books I have read was his 191 series which follows what happens after a southern victory in the Civil War. The series goes through a second war in the 1880's. Then World War One the time between and World War two and the Holocaust which happens in the South with African Americans as victims rather then in Germany with the Jewish population.

It is a great series but the N word is used a lot in the books so it upsets a lot people. And has in fact been removed from a few libraries.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have never read that one. To be honest the Only Turtledove books I have read was his 191 series which follows what happens after a southern victory in the Civil War. The series goes through a second war in the 1880's. Then World War One the time between and World War two and the Holocaust which happens in the South with African Americans as victims rather then in Germany with the Jewish population.

It is a great series but the N word is used a lot in the books so it upsets a lot people. And has in fact been removed from a few libraries.
    Eventually I will try reading them, but I'm tackling about twenty other series at the time. I probably should whittle that total down first before I start any more.

My library Mystery Book Club is reading the Carol O'Connell mystery/thriller Mallory's Oracle for our February meeting. I finished reading it today. First time I read it in more than 20 years but I still really enjoyed it. Love the main character Kathleen Mallory who despite being the "good guy", is probably at least as amoral and sociopathic than the villains she's chasing. There are reasons for it that you learn as the series goes on.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My final two Mystery Scene magazine reviews have finally been posted online.

The Double Agent by William Christie

Attachment 129039

Righteous Prey by John Sandford

Attachment 129040

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Eventually I will try reading them, but I'm tackling about twenty other series at the time. I probably should whittle that total down first before I start any more.
    That is how I am. I have so many books on my Kindle to read I dont think I will ever get them done. So I rotate between two books from different series.

That is how I am. I have so many books on my Kindle to read I dont think I will ever get them done. So I rotate between two books from different series.
    Speaking of series , I'm now reading on my Kindle Moonraker (1955), the third 007 novel by Ian Fleming.

Before that, though, I will read the essay Hidden Treasure (1887) by H.A. Lewis.

I finished reading the Sapiens Imperium graphic novel. Here's my Goodreads review.

Currently also reading

Cocked Dice: The Complete Cases of Daffy Dill, Volume 1
    by Richard B. Sale

Stories were originally published in 1934-1935, mostly in Detective Fiction Weekly magazine.