Page 139 of 261 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3912

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    My first Stephen King book...

Attachment 83974
    No one spoil the ending for him!
    So we shouldn't say spoilers:
    The ship sinks, and "To Serve Man" is really a cookbook?!?
    end of spoilers

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Suddenly, Last Summer (1958) by Tennessee Williams. I prefer the movie with Liz Taylor and Monty Clift
    The movie is a good one, though my favorite Williams film is A Streetcar Named Desire.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mircea Eliade's History of Religious Ideas volumes 1-3

Can someone recommend a good team superhero novel to read? Would appreciate it. I’ve read the Super Powereds series, Corpies, Confessions of a D list Supervillain series, Forging Hephaestus, Wildcards and a bunch of others. July 1st I can borrow another book from Kindle and I’m fresh out of ideas.

I've actually never seen the films, or the films of any of his other books, although people have been going on about IT... Somebody at work kept talking about PS, and then it was on r/books too and I was like 'Arghhhhhhh, click'
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

On my Kindle, I'm now reading The Pit: A Story of Chicago (1903) by Frank Norris.

Now reading

The Ivory Grin by Ross Macdonald
    a Lew Archer Novel
    (first published in 1952)

I finished Pet Semetary. I didn't find it freaky or anything, horror films don't get me either, but I was engrossed the whole way through. Absolutely loved it. I will definitely be reading more SK
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Black Wings Beating by Alex London, a SFF novel, first in a series, about a world in which falconry is a major social institution. Told through the alternating perspective of the two protagonists, a pair of twins. I initially didn't care for the premise, I don't really care about birds. The twins were also a bit annoying at first, with one being too perfect and the other being too foolhardy, but that became much better as they developed. Interesting enough that I will probably check out the rest of the series when it is released.

I finished Girl Most Likey by Max Allan Collins.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Can someone recommend a good team superhero novel to read? Would appreciate it. I’ve read the Super Powereds series, Corpies, Confessions of a D list Supervillain series, Forging Hephaestus, Wildcards and a bunch of others. July 1st I can borrow another book from Kindle and I’m fresh out of ideas.
    Have you done the Ex-Heroes series by Peter Clines? Its a world with superheroes who failed to stop the zombie apocalypse and now are now trying to protect the few thousands survivors in Los Angeles from the massive undead horde which now includes some former heroes who have turned into zombies but still have their powers. The books jump from present time to the past showing both how the world is now and what happened at the beginning of the zombie outbreak.

I believe he's six books into what he plans to be a seven book series.

There is also Steelheart and its two sequels by Brandon Sanderson. Its a world where everyone with powers is evil (there is a reason in story for this) and a group of humans trying to stop them. This series is finished.

Also by Brandon Sanderson is Mistborn. Its basically superheroes in a medieval setting. Some people are born with a gift (think mutants) that allows them to gain a single specific superpower when they ingest metal. A very few can ingest all the metals and have all the powers. The fight scenes end up being very comic bookish with characters flying, being superstrong, having mind control, etc.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 07-06-2019 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

The Book of Joe (1961) by Vincent Price

Currently reading Pacific Vortex! (1983) by Clive Cussler, which is the first Dirk Pitt story he wrote (though not the first he published).

Reading all of the Dune books (Brian and Frank Herbert) in chronological order... this may take some time
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Reading all of the Dune books (Brian and Frank Herbert) in chronological order... this may take some time
    Don't forget:

National Lampoon's Doon by Ellis Weiner