Page 142 of 261 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3909

Just finished up The Name of the Wind, and about half way through The Wise Man's Fear. Kind of wish I would have know that the writer is pulling An R.R. Martin and taking a decade to finish the trilogy before I started.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I've just started Mistborn Book 2: The Well of Ascension. I loved the first book, so I definitely want to finish this trilogy, and I intend to read more of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere books too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Just finished up The Name of the Wind, and about half way through The Wise Man's Fear. Kind of wish I would have know that the writer is pulling An R.R. Martin and taking a decade to finish the trilogy before I started.
    What did you think of The Name of the Wind? It's nearly always on fantasy recommendation lists/videos that I've looked at but I'm yet to buy/read it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

The War Poems (1919) by Siegfried Sassoon

Halfway through the first book of the Age of the Five trilogy. It is essentially a rehash of the Black Magician trilogy, which is disappointing.

Attachment 85231
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    What did you think of The Name of the Wind? It's nearly always on fantasy recommendation lists/videos that I've looked at but I'm yet to buy/read it.
    It was great, I would recommend it to any one that likes to read fantasy.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I finished an advance copy of the new C.J. Box thriller The Bitterroots yesterday.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

New Kindle book: The Valley of Silent Men (1920) by James Oliver Curwood.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Don't know if this room has any Dresden Files fans , but with the announcement that Peace Talks is done and off to editing, I'm going to be binging the series.
    I was starting to worry that Jim Butcher was turning into George RR Martin given how long its been since the last full Dresden book.

Unless things have changed he intends the series to be 20 books. So maybe in 10 years its finished assuming he's got his life back together? As I understand it based on things I've read he a lot of personal issues the last few years that kept him from writing but they are hopefully over with now.

In the last 3 weeks I've listened to The Strain by Chuck Hogan and Sundiver by David Brin. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to move on with either series.

Tried listening to The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin. I'd heard it was fantastic and it won the Hugo a few years back. But I gave up about an hour into it. Maybe it would help if I was Chinese and understood the cultural stuff going on better but I found it dumb and way to expository in the early going. Then I read a summary of the plot and it sounds like a book full of utterly unlikeable characters and just decided to not bother.

Currently listening to The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. Aka the first book in the Witcher series. With the Netflix series coming and only knowing about the Witcher stuff from the third game I thought I'd try it. I already have the 2nd and 3rd books on Audible so I'll be doing them next.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    In the last 3 weeks I've listened to The Strain by Chuck Hogan and Sundiver by David Brin. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to move on with either series.

Tried listening to The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin. I'd heard it was fantastic and it won the Hugo a few years back. But I gave up about an hour into it. Maybe it would help if I was Chinese and understood the cultural stuff going on better but I found it dumb and way to expository in the early going. Then I read a summary of the plot and it sounds like a book full of utterly unlikeable characters and just decided to not bother.

Currently listening to The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. Aka the first book in the Witcher series. With the Netflix series coming and only knowing about the Witcher stuff from the third game I thought I'd try it. I already have the 2nd and 3rd books on Audible so I'll be doing them next.
    The Strain is fantastic! Again, normally I am a slow reader but I flew through the Strain trilogy because it kept me hooked!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

I’m trudging my way through Naked Lunch. I’m sick of these goddamn beatniks.

I finished the Maddie Day mystery Strangled Eggs and Ham today.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I finished reading the new Maddie Day mystery novel Strangled Eggs and Ham.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Now reading Five Presidents (2016) by Clint Hill.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?