Page 166 of 261 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3913

I don't know how into podcasts you are, but I listen a lot whilst working. I've been listening to a Stephen King podcast called The Stephen King Boo! Club (lol), although only two episodes because I've listening as I finish books. They talk about films etc too and it's really interesting. For example, I learnt about 'Rage' which I did not know about before. Worth a listen
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't know how into podcasts you are, but I listen a lot whilst working. I've been listening to a Stephen King podcast called The Stephen King Boo! Club (lol), although only two episodes because I've listening as I finish books. They talk about films etc too and it's really interesting. For example, I learnt about 'Rage' which I did not know about before. Worth a listen
    Podcasts are the best thing since sliced bread!

I have also started to read Citizen Clem: A Biography of Attlee.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What books have made you cry?
    A Separate Peace when Finny dies.
    A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, which was just all around a very difficult book to read.
    At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill, the ending of this one tore me to pieces the first time I read it.
    And most recently, They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera, which I probably should have seen coming with a title like that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Finished this yesterday:

Amazon recently made the original Executioner series available for the Kindle. I started reading the books in 1977 after I joined the Navy, and after I had been introduced to Mack Bolan's four-color homage, the Punisher whom writer Gerry Conway openly admitted he based Frank Castle on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Finished this yesterday:

Amazon recently made the original Executioner series available for the Kindle. I started reading the books in 1977 after I joined the Navy, and after I had been introduced to Mack Bolan's four-color homage, the Punisher whom writer Gerry Conway openly admitted he based Frank Castle on.
    Man, that's... Frank was invented as a villain and not intended to come back probably. Kinda sad. Punisher is such a great name

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle book: The Ghost Kings (1908) by H. Rider Haggard.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Man, that's... Frank was invented as a villain and not intended to come back probably. Kinda sad. Punisher is such a great name
    Yeah, but Frank became so popular as an anti-hero, Marvel had to bring him back, for which I'm glad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All the pretty horses, Cormac McCarthy
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, but Frank became so popular as an anti-hero, Marvel had to bring him back, for which I'm glad.
    A case of Moon Knight. Doug Moench said the same about MK in an interview I recently read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    All the pretty horses, Cormac McCarthy
    Sitting on the table next to me

Extraordinary Member

I've been looking over Nothing to Envy again for research reasons.

Mystery author Sheila Connolly has has passed away.

I am a big fan of her County Cork series and I got to meet her a couple or so years back when she appeared with two other authors at a signing in my area. It was great to talk to someone about Ireland, who unlike me, had actually been there.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

New book I'm reading: Mayor: An Autobiography (1984) by Ed Koch.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo, the secret societies of Yale, magic, and a murder mystery. A very good novel, though a bit darker in tone than Bardugo's Grishaverse books. Possibility for a sequel, but I haven't heard anything.

I read the Sheila Connolly County Cork mystery A TURN FOR THE BAD over the weekend.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I quite like short stories and I grabbed this some time ago, but finally I am getting around to it and I wish I had done so earlier. Each short story is based on a B/W photograph and it's just beautiful.

Attachment 96151
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”