Page 130 of 261 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3913

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its awesome. Plus you'll kick yourself like I did for not reading it between years 3 and 4. There is a lot of stuff in year 4 involving a few minor characters that makes much more sense after you've read corpies. Especially the scenes near the end of the year 4 book where Titan summons his team and makes references to a character named Hexcellent. After Titan she is probably the main character and the one you most want to know about after Corpies. So seeing her appear in year 4 and especially how she is appears is awesome. I imagine if I'd read Corpies before year 4 and known who she was before she popped up I would have been cheering on her arrival, especially because of how she arrived. Plus year 4 is spoilerish, since it occurs chronologically afterwards, for some minor things and one major thing that happen in Corpies.
    As soon as I'm done with the Superlatives I'll read this. What else would you recommend? Waiting for Fall of a D List Super Villain and Villains Code 2 could be awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    As soon as I'm done with the Superlatives I'll read this. What else would you recommend? Waiting for Fall of a D List Super Villain and Villains Code 2 could be awhile.
    Have you read the Ex-Heroes series by Peter Clines? Its a world with superheroes that suffers the zombie apocalypse and where the heroes fail to stop it. Now those that remain are trying to keep the remnants of humanity alive from the zombies. Complicating it is some supervillains and some former heroes who got bitten and are now mindless zombies only with superpowers. The genre mashup is one that could have easily fallen into silliness but its actually pretty good and does a lot of flashbacks to the beginnings of the zombie outbreak to explain how it happened and how the heroes failed. I think there are six books in the series so far with the author planning a total of 7.

I finished the Michael Robertson mystery The Brothers of Baker Street.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Lolita (1955)

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Have you read the Ex-Heroes series by Peter Clines? Its a world with superheroes that suffers the zombie apocalypse and where the heroes fail to stop it. Now those that remain are trying to keep the remnants of humanity alive from the zombies. Complicating it is some supervillains and some former heroes who got bitten and are now mindless zombies only with superpowers. The genre mashup is one that could have easily fallen into silliness but its actually pretty good and does a lot of flashbacks to the beginnings of the zombie outbreak to explain how it happened and how the heroes failed. I think there are six books in the series so far with the author planning a total of 7.
    I have the first one on my Amazon wish list. I'll eventually get around to reading it. I haven't yet because I usually borrow books from the Kindle lending library and none of Ex-Hero series are there. I read a book a month and return it and borrow another the next month. I get the most out of my Kindle Prime. I borrowed the first three Super Powereds. Purchased the last one. I'm almost done with the Superlatives and then I'm borrowing Corpies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle readings: 21 (1917), a short essay by Frank Crane, plus Four Just Men (1905), the first of six mystery novels from the Four Just Men series by Edgar Wallace.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal by Jared Diamond.
    An interesting and well-written book about the development of Homo Sapiens and our relation to the other primates.
    The second chapter finally answers the question of why human testicles on average are larger than a gorilla's but smaller than a chimpanzee's.

A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence M. Krausse.
    A well written but run-of-the-mill book about astrophysics and the theory of the Big Bang. It's interesting and gives some fresh perspective on what can be a pretty dry subject.
    Predictably, it contains nothing about testicles.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-02-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Art of Starving, by Sam J. Miller. A kid with an eating disorder who believes his hunger is giving him superpowers tries to find out why his sister has run away from home. An intense, but sensitive depiction of anorexia and mental illness that was difficult to read at times.

Shōgun by James Clavell for the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    Shōgun by James Clavell for the second time.
    The only Clavell I have ever read is King Rat, which I liked very much. I did see the Shogun miniseries tears ago, though.

Currently reading the short American Legends: The Three Stooges (2015) by the Charles Rivers Editors...

... and by tomorrow The Renaissance (1953), the fifth book in the excellent series The Story of Civilization by Will and Ariel Durant.

On the Kindle front, I am now reading The Ghost: A Modern Fantasy (1907) by Arnold Bennett.

Currently reading:
    The Crimson Mask Archives, Volume 1 by Norman A. Daniels and Frank Johnson
    (published by Thrilling Publications)

I finished reading The Body In The Casket by Katherine Hall Page.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Finished Tiamat's Wrath by James S.A. Corey.

Going to do a listen of the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons. I've read it several times and loved it but never done it via audiobook.

BANNED

The 120 Days of Sodom (1904) by Marquis de Sade