Page 84 of 261 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3912
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Do you ladies and gents have any comfort books?
    While I like everything, my comfort books would probably be within horror/sci-fi/fantasy. Non-fiction, it would be history.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Now reading (yes, I read quickly ) on my Kindle An American Four-in-Hand in Britain (1883) by Andrew Carnegie.

Just finished book 8 in the Wheel of Time series(finishing my 50 book goal for the year), going to try and power through book 9 before the new Stormlight Archives book Oathbringer comes out in a few days

Just finished Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut. I love the dude and this was good but not his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just finished book 8 in the Wheel of Time series(finishing my 50 book goal for the year), going to try and power through book 9 before the new Stormlight Archives book Oathbringer comes out in a few days
    HYPE HYPE HYPE
    Ordering Oathbringer on Audible first thing in the AM to listen to at work.

ENjoy those Wheel Of Timers. Although you are just entering the fan agreed "boring books", I straight up skipped a couple and just read the wiki summaries to get to the Brandon Sanderson finale trilogy because things were just so dang slow. I'm thinking of starting my first WoT re-read soon, should be fun finding all the foreshadowing.

I did hear that it's one of the boring parts of the series but the Matt storyline is really good, and the endingspoilers:
    cleansing the taint from Saidin
    end of spoilers is a huge point in the overall story

And I finished it just in time to start Oathbringer, see ya in 55 hours
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-14-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Facing Mount Kenya by Jomo Kenyatta

Starting tomorrow, I'll be reading Wild Fire, the 4th John Corey (the funniest wise ass in a serious series, IMO) book by Nelson DeMille. On my Kindle, I'll also be tackling Marie: An Episode in the Life of the Late Allan Quatermain by H. Rider Haggard (the fifth book in that series). Speaking of the Quatermain books, yes, they're not totally PC. However, how many 19th century books feature 1) white and black men fighting side-by-side as, not just friends, but even brothers, 2) black women portrayed as attractive and even desirable (a white man and black woman kiss in one book, while Quatermain himself even dreams about one in another), 3) the N word being used, then dismissed as wrong in the same paragraph? Whatever you think of the books, I think Haggard's heart was in the right place.

see ya in 55 hours
    45 hours down, 10 to go. Loving Oathbringer, gonna be sad when I'm out of new pages.

BANNED

The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor

I finished reading an advance copy of Dennis Palumbo's Head Wounds.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I've been re-reading Moby Dick because I liked it so much(I did NOT see that coming). I've also started Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

I'm picking something light for my next book
    LOL. I read "Heart of Darkness" three times in one summer while working twelve-hour shifts six days a week in canneries. it certainly added a unique 'flavor' to the reading experience!

since you're up for something 'light' for the next book I cheerfully suggest:
    "Propaganda: the Formation of Men's Attitudes" by Jacques Ellul

although it was written in 1962 it's spectacularly relevant for what's been going on in the United States for the last year or so. I've already read the whole thing twice (even the appendices and footnotes)!

And I've finished Oathbringer, very happy with it, going back to Wheel of Time but will probably reread Oathbringer again after I'm done to catch stuff I probably missed. Wonder what Sanderson's next book will be because he doesn't have one listed on his website at the moment

Since Thanksgiving is almost upon us, from the Kindle collection, I will be reading the short National Character: A Thanksgiving Discourse (1855) by Nathaniel Clark Burt and also Mayflower and Her Log (complete) by Azel Ames.

Malazan book 9 is so boring, it better pick up soon.

Anyways, last week I finished Blitzed: Drugs In Nazi Germany, Ashton Clark Smith's The End Of The Story, and The Serial Killer Files. The non-fiction reads are research for the book I'll be writing next month.

Wonder what Sanderson's next book will be because he doesn't have one listed on his website at the moment
    I keep hoping the Mystery Project it names is a new Mistborn book.

I don't think it'll be Mistborn since the next one should be the next book in the Wax and Wayne series and I don't see why he'd hide that, what it might be is the new Rithmatist book, The Aztlanian, that he's been teasing for a couple years. He also said he was going to one day do an Elantris sequel(11 years ago), those two or maybe even a new title would be my guesses on things he'd tease by labeling mystery project