Page 121 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3909
    Astonishing Member

Becoming by Michelle Obama

Great audio book, well written memoir

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Autobiography of Red, by Anne Carson. A novel in verse, lovely tone, metaphor, and imagery not much clarity in narrative. Prefer prose.

Finished NK Jemison's The Broken Earth trilogy (Obelisk Gate and The Stone Sky, having already read the first book). Maybe the best series I've read, so very good.

I finished the Vicki Delany mystery A Scandal in Scarlet. It is the 4th book in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop series and it was really quite a read.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I finished the Vicki Delany mystery A Scandal in Scarlet. It is the 4th book in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop series and it was really quite a read.
    I had taken out the first book in that series from a neighboring library for my Mom recently (Elementary, She Read). Have to get the others for her.
    My Mom's also trying Delany's "Year-Round Christmas" mystery series and has so far read all of the "Lighthouse Library Mysteries" that Delany writes under the pen-name of Eva Gates.

Wrath of Empire, the newest in the Powdermage books, series continues to be unique and outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had taken out the first book in that series from a neighboring library for my Mom recently (Elementary, She Read). Have to get the others for her.
    My Mom's also trying Delany's "Year-Round Christmas" mystery series and has so far read all of the "Lighthouse Library Mysteries" that Delany writes under the pen-name of Eva Gates.
    There are three Year Round Christmas mysteries and I've read all of them and loved them. As for the Lighthouse Library series, the first three were with one publisher and they cancelled it after the third one. I wasn't crazy about the first two, but really loved the third one. Then the series got picked up by a different publisher and a fourth book came out a few months back. I haven't gotten that one yet.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

There are three Year Round Christmas mysteries and I've read all of them and loved them.
    My Mom just recently read the first one, and I think she's on the third one now. Still have to find the second one (will probably put in a request for my local library to source it from somewhere).

As for the Lighthouse Library series, the first three were with one publisher and they cancelled it after the third one. I wasn't crazy about the first two, but really loved the third one. Then the series got picked up by a different publisher and a fourth book came out a few months back. I haven't gotten that one yet.
    I got the four of those (again interlibrary loans through the local library) before my Mom and I even heard about Eva Gates' being a penname for Vicki Delany. (And while I was aware that there was suppose to be a 4th book coming out late this year, my local library got a copy of it for me before I even asked them about it.)

Recently started reading an old Nero Wolfe paperback:

Three Witnesses by Rex Stout
    (orig. published 1956 / Bantam "Crime Line" reissue edition 1994)

I finished reading the Runners Volume 2: The Snow Job graphic novel yesterday.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle reading: The Man Who Forgot Christmas: A Western Tale of the Magic of Christmas (1920) by Max Brand.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Red Sphinx

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Starting tonight on my Kindle, I'll begin Friendship and Happiness (1911) by Arnold Bennett, while tomorrow I'll take on the non-Kindle story The Murder at the Vicarage (1930) by Agatha Christie (the first Miss Marple novel). Since the first story is on the shorter side, I'll also start The Little City of Hope: A Christmas Story (1907) by F. Marion Crawford on my Kindle tomorrow.

The Accidental Activist (A Personal and Political Memoir) by Candace Gingrich w/Chris Bull

Latest holiday reading on my Kindle: I finished The Romance of a Christmas Card (1916) by Kate Douglas Wiggin and started The Doctor's Christmas Eve (1910) by James Lane Allen.

New non-Kindle reading (starting tomorrow): Lafayette (2002) by Harlow Giles Unger.

Freemasons: Inside the Worlds Oldest Secret Society by H. Paul Jeffers
    More historical and fact-based than I was expecting.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe