Page 124 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3912

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am currently reading the third harry potter novel. Just recently got into them. Read the first two books in a week. Much better then the movies.
    Now there is something that I haven't heard in a while :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle read: Killer's Payoff (1958), the sixth 87th Precinct novel by Ed McBain.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Latest Kindle read: Killer's Payoff (1958), the sixth 87th Precinct novel by Ed McBain.

Ah, I read that one back in October (but in an older, different format).
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Started on

Killer's Payoff by Ed McBain
    <"An Explosive Sizzling 87th Precinct Mystery">
    (orig. published 1958 / printed by Signet / New American Library in 1974)

(NOTE: My copy is a bit more worn than the one in this image.)
    I've put my McBain reading on a temporary hold because the next one in the series for me (Lady, Lady I Did It (1961), the 14th) is at a library that's been temporarily closed since late November due to repairs from water damage (I think I read that a pipe burst during some colder-than-usual weather). They currently hope to re-open at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ah, I read that one back in October (but in an older, different format).I've put my McBain reading on a temporary hold because the next one in the series for me (Lady, Lady I Did It (1961), the 14th) is at a library that's been temporarily closed since late November due to repairs from water damage (I think I read that a pipe burst during some colder-than-usual weather). They currently hope to re-open at the end of the month.
    I recall when you read it, MH. It most likely will be a few years before I read your next story in the series, since I'm in the middle of quite a few different series. I wish I had started reading McBain back in the '80s so I would have been caught up by now.

Slowly working through the Morse collected edition boxset. The box itself is too tight though, it got ripped almost instantly.

Attachment 76544
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm reading Eric Idle's biography. So disappointed that there is no mention of the role he will always be remembered for.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I'm reading Eric Idle's biography. So disappointed that there is no mention of the role he will always be remembered for.
    To which role are you referring?

Recently started:

The Case of the Dangerous Dowager by Erle Stanley Gardner
    < "A Perry Mason Mystery" >
    (William Morrow edition published April, 1937 /
    Pocket Book edition July, 1953 - 14th printing)

NOTE: I'm assuming this copy use to belong to my Dad, since it was on a shelf of other old paperback books that would have been more his style of reading (and my Mom doesn't know anything about having ever owned / read it).

By the way, the image I found on the web, but that's the way the copy I'm reading looks.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-10-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    To which role are you referring?
    Wreck-Gar. The role Eric Idle will always be remembered for and no mention of it.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Wreck-Gar. The role Eric Idle will always be remembered for . . .
    . . . if you've ever heard of the character (I had no clue and had to look it up) or even care about that franchise . . .

Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber. Not as good as Death Troopers which it serves as the prequel to, but still a decent read.
    https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...joe-schreiber/

Newest books I'm reading: The Oxford History of the American People: Volume 1: Prehistory to 1789 (1965) by Samuel Eliot Morison...

... and, on my Kindle, Erewhon (1872) by Samuel Butler...

Picked up the first two 13th Doctor novels, will grab the third on Tuesday. I just finished The Good Doctor. One of the better DW novels in my opinion. I can't tell if it is still NSA though...

Attachment 76785

Mighty Member

Paperbacks from Hell : Written by Hendricks, author of the equally good My Best Friend's exorcism. It features all these crazy try-hard Stephen King books from the 70s and 80's.

One book it did'nt mention was IMP a 1980's horror about a feral boy locked under the house by a cruel mother . He gets out and causes all sorts of mayhem. Would anyone like a companion book of novels and their covers NOT featured in the Hendricks book?

Delving into the next instalment of the Drenai novels

Attachment 76835