Page 170 of 261 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3909

Mystery Scene magazine has printed two of my reviews in their latest issue. The reviews have been added to their website as well.

Leonard Goldberg - The Art of Deception

Robyn Gigl - By Way of Sorrow
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Actually I did.
    Glad to hear this. Think about getting it. Is it almost as good as Busiek's /Truman's Conan?

I finished The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell last night and loved it, so I'm moving onto the next book in the trilogy now.

Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Glad to hear this. Think about getting it. Is it almost as good as Busiek's /Truman's Conan?
    I can't give an accurate assessment on that. I liked both. But I haven't read the Busiek / Truman stuff in a while so I'm a bit fuzzy. Just read it and decide for yourself.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I finished The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell last night and loved it, so I'm moving onto the next book in the trilogy now.

I recall you asking about it. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I recall you asking about it. I am glad you enjoyed it!
    Yeah I liked it a lot. I love reading about what Britain must have been like during the Dark Ages. Good characters in it too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, a young man discovers a mysterious novel in which he is a character. A story about stories, magic, Time and Fate. Begins with what seems to be several disconnected stories before ultimately all being expertly tied together. Really enjoyed it.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, this one has been sitting on my shelf for a while now, finally got around to reading it and while it was very well written, it was a touch too depressingly post modern.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I just started reading on my Kindle today The Lookout Man (1917) by B.M. Bower.

Tomorrow non-Kindle-wise, I will take on Unbroken (2010) by Laura Hillenbrand.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm reading El Otro Modelo, a book released in 2013 and written by many authors, that resurfaced in 2019 in consequence of social manifestations that burst in October
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member

Battle Royale - Much better than the Hunger Games.

Carrie, first time I’m reading a Stephen King novel. I think Brian De Palma’s adaptation is great, so I should have a blast with the book
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kinde read: Wells Brothers: The Young Cattle Kings (1911) by Andy Adams.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Niebla (Mist or Fog, depending on the edition, from what I found in Google), by Miguel Unamuno

I finished reading the brand new Michael Connelly thriller Fair Warning. My review is HERE!
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 06-08-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Nik-El Kent

Due to CorVid couldn't buy more books. So re-reading the Twilight series. Getting ready for Mightnight sun