Page 254 of 261 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 3913

Here's an interview with James R. Benn. He's the author of the very popular Billy Boyle World War II mystery series.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

New book: Kiss Me Like A Stranger: My Search for Love (2006) by Gene Wilder.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

New for the Kindle: the short story The Ends of the Earth (1911) by Josephine Daskam Bacon and The 84th Infantry Division In The Battle Of Germany: November 1944-May 1945 (1945) by Theodore Draper.

New hard-copy book: Wrath of a Mad God (2007), the final installment of The Darkwar Saga trilogy and the 25th novel from The Riftwar Cycle.

Some kind of cool news. I co-run a mystery book club at my local library. And over the last few weeks, I've been working on the next three meetings we'll be holding.

October's meeting will feature the author Craig Johnson appearing via Zoom. November and December's meeting will feature the authors Maddie Day (aka Edith Maxwell) and J.A. Hennrikus (aka Julie Hennrikus) making in person visits.

Heck yeah!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

A friendly reminder that it's the 1st of October. Time to start reading A Night in the Lonesome October.

Attachment 134979

For those who haven't heard of it, it a comedy/mystery by Roger Zelazny starring literary horror icons, like the Count who sleeps by day, as they try to open, or close, a magical gate that will summon the Old Ones back to earth. It's all told from the POV of Snuff, a good dog loyal to his master - a man named Jack (who has quite a penchant for knives.) The really cool thing is that all 31 chapters take place on a different day in October, so the proper way to read it is a chapter a day this month.

I've been meaning to do this for years, but always forgot until the month was half over. This time I put it on my calendar.

Dawn by Elie Wiesel
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    A friendly reminder that it's the 1st of October. Time to start reading A Night in the Lonesome October.

Attachment 134979

For those who haven't heard of it, it a comedy/mystery by Roger Zelazny starring literary horror icons, like the Count who sleeps by day, as they try to open, or close, a magical gate that will summon the Old Ones back to earth. It's all told from the POV of Snuff, a good dog loyal to his master - a man named Jack (who has quite a penchant for knives.) The really cool thing is that all 31 chapters take place on a different day in October, so the proper way to read it is a chapter a day this month.

I've been meaning to do this for years, but always forgot until the month was half over. This time I put it on my calendar.
    This sounds like a very fun read. Zelazny is a good writer, too, though I never knew he dabbled in horror.

The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning and the Universe Itself by Sean M. Carroll.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

New Kindle reads: the short story The Laughter of Slim Malone (1919) by Max Brand and the brief non-fiction work Self Mastery Trough Conscious Autosuggestion (1922) by Emile Coué.

Tomorrow on my Kindle, it will be the short story The Merle (1918) by Henry C. Rowland and the essay The Book of Tea (1906) by Okakura Kakuzō.

New reads: The Generals (1986), the sixth novel in the Brotherhood of War series by W.E.B. Griffin.

Tomorrow on my Kindle, it will be the short story The Eccentricity of Fleetwood (1901) by C. N. and A. M. Williamson and the novella Lady Macbeth of the Mtsensk District (1865) by Nikolai Leskov.

Recently finished Every Man a King by Walter Mosley (his latest King Oliver novel), and I'm now in the middle of The Awkward Black Man, a book of short stories by the same author.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

New Kindle reads: the short story Rosenthal the Jew (1905) by Henry C. Rowland and the novella The Life of Lazarillo de Tormes and of His Fortunes and Adversities (1554) by Anonymous.

Just finished New Orleans Vampires a book about the lore behind 3 vampire stories in New Orleans.

I am now keeping up the horror theme by jumping back into Nights of the Living Dead.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

You can check out an interview with author Julia Kelly about her debut historical mystery A Traitor in Whitehall via this Mystery Scene magazine link.