Page 175 of 261 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3907
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    After a couple days of not reading any book, today I will start No Country For Old Men. Cormac McCarthy is steadily becoming one of my favorite novelists, so I'm very eager to check out the novel. I remember watching the movie some years ago and liking it. It looked like a close adaptation of the source material, so everything indicates that I will enjoy the book.
    Couldn't get through All The Pretty Horses. Too sad. No Country is one of my favourite movies ever.

Finished Pawn of Prophecy as part of my reread of The Belgariad and The Malloreon, for the first time since my teens. It is both a glorious and an horrific experience

Attachment 98545
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Finished Pawn of Prophecy as part of my reread of The Belgariad and The Malloreon, for the first time since my teens. It is both a glorious and an horrific experience

Attachment 98545
    I love that series. What is horrific to you?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

I have hundreds of books that I've acquired over the years and I don't think I've read half of them. It's hard to decide just what to read next. My nephew (who has a high I.Q. and can read a book a day) told me he's reading VANITY FAIR. And I have a copy of that I stole off my sister when we were teen-agers, but never got around to reading. So I've picked up that to read next.

I love Matt Sewell's illustrations.

Last edited by Tugger; 07-10-2020 at 09:23 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have hundreds of books that I've acquired over the years and I don't think I've read half of them. It's hard to decide just what to read next. My nephew (who has a high I.Q. and can read a book a day) told me he's reading VANITY FAIR. And I have a copy of that I stole off my sister when we were teen-agers, but never got around to reading. So I've picked up that to read next.
    I had the same problem as you, Jim, but I have been catching up with my reading to the point I have read almost all of the books in my personal library now.

As for Vanity Fair, it's a great book!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I finished reading the new Maddie Day Country Store Mystery NACHO AVERAGE MURDER today!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Funny enough, I only got into Rick's books recently. I initially refused because I saw the Percy Jackson movies first. Then I saw that Rick himself hated the movies, and how much the fandom loved the books, so I gave it a try and read the entire Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus back to back, then started Trials of Apollo. I'm glad I gave the series a chance.
    I feel like the Egyptian stuff is so underrated.

Just started Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman because a friend of mine does not stop begging me to watch the miniseries and I really don't want to without reading the book first. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Latest Kindle book: The Heritage of the Sioux (1916), the sixth book from the Flying U series by B.M. Bower

An interesting read for me, especially as it is a lot older than most books I've read on the subject of transgender people.

Attachment 98642
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Newest books I'n reading: Frederick the Great: The Magnificent Enigma (1986) by Robert B. Asprey.

On the Kindle front, it's The Saint versus Scotland Yard (1932), the seventh Simon Templar book by Leslie Charteris.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin, brilliant, want more.

Ali in Wonderland (and Other Tall Tales) by Ali Wentworth
    Watching television is not an activity.

Joanna Cole, the author the Magic School Bus series, has passed away.