Page 86 of 261 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3913

Spending today on Maalzn #9: Dust Of Dreams. I've loved the series but this book feels extra-slow for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Indeed. I know what I'll have on my Christmas list for myself now.
    I should note it is not a sequel to the Ender books but rather a book in the universe with all-new characters. Card has been promising a new book starring Ender that will link the Ender series with the Bean series into one narrative, but he's been lazy on that one.

Finished the Gathering Storm of the Wheel of Time, two books to go, and honestly I can barely tell that Sanderson took over(and so many plot threads FINALLY wrapped up), very impressive, though the fact that I'm listening to audio books and it's still Kate Reading and Michael Kramer narrating help a lot
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-03-2017 at 11:47 PM.

All-New Member

I'm reading The Screenwriter's Bible, 6th E by David Trottier. Hope I can write amazing screenplays and jump start my writing career.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Started reading last night A Christmas Garland (1912) by Max Beerbohm on my my Kindle. It's a collection of short stories parodying the style of a variety of famous authors of that time. Pretty amusing stuff so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm curious, do you guys ever buy graphic novel adaptations of books that you're read? I bought 'Legend', an adaptation fo Gemmell's novel, and thought it was ok but also kinda weird for some reason. I've also bought the adaptation of 'The Way of Shadows', which I haven't read yet. I did flick through it though and I liked the look of the art at least.

Verdict - are they risky?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm currently switching between to books, J.R.R. Tolkien's "Letters from Father Christmas" to get in the holiday spirit, Noam Chomsky's "Who Rules the World?" to somber me up afterwards.

Also got "The Complete Chronicles of Conan", with all of REH's Conan stories, lying around at work to read while business is slow.

I recently checked the graphic novel version of Stephen King's The Stand from the library. Does that count?

Not sure I have one of the arcs for that because they were labelled 1 to 5 of 5 and I didn't know what the stand was, so I thought that I was buying a complete story...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm curious, do you guys ever buy graphic novel adaptations of books that you're read? I bought 'Legend', an adaptation fo Gemmell's novel, and thought it was ok but also kinda weird for some reason. I've also bought the adaptation of 'The Way of Shadows', which I haven't read yet. I did flick through it though and I liked the look of the art at least.

Verdict - are they risky?
    No more risky than any other type of book, IMO.

Later on tonight, I'll be tackling on my Kindle Christmas: Its Origin and Associations Together with Its Historical Events and Festive Celebrations During Nineteen Centuries (1902) by William Francis Dawson.

Murder In An Irish Village by Carlene O'Connor
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Finished book 3 of The Expanse. I'm re-reading the series before starting the newest book, which is the 7th in the series. About to start book 4, which I don't feel I even remember. I recall books 5 and 6 pretty well but not 4.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 12-08-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Finished the Wheel of Time series, I feel drained after the final books with the sheer number of character deaths but it was definitely worth the ride
    I'll probably take a break and then read the prequel book before the New Year, then I'll probably look to start the Discworld series to start 2018

Crippled God by Steven Erikson. The final Malazan book. This better be good after 9 books of buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Finished the Wheel of Time series, I feel drained after the final books with the sheer number of character deaths but it was definitely worth the ride
    I'll probably take a break and then read the prequel book before the New Year, then I'll probably look to start the Discworld series to start 2018
    I saved the prequel for over a year until I was really missing the world. Now that I read the prequel, I have to fight the urge to start re-reading the entire series.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just finished 'Cibola Burn' of the Expanse series and I'm now on Nemesis Games.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor