Page 129 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3912

I finished reading the Michael Robertson mystery novel The Baker Street Letters.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle reads: the novella The Thames Valley Catastrophe (1884) by Grant Allen and "Three Score Years and Ten,": Life-Long Memories of Fort Snelling, Minnesota, and Other Parts of the West (1888) by Charlotte Ouisconsin Clark Van Cleve.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Freezer Burn by Joe R. Lansdale

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Witchmark by C.L. Polk, SFF set in a world inspired by Edwardian England with an intriguing mystery. There's a lot going on in the set up of this world and the specific story in it, and the book kind of just drops you right in it with minimal exposition leaving mostly context to figure out, could have used a little more clarification. It also feels like the author intended it to be a series, as there were some unresolved plot points, but as far as I know there is no sequel.

It occurred to me that the last three books I've read have been very, very white. Witchmark has one black character, but she's pretty minor to the story.

Extraordinary Member

Surviving Canada: Indigenous Peoples Celebrate 150 Years of Betrayal - Wonderful mix of poems, anectodes and manifestoes. Really worth looking into.

I finished the sci-fi novel Infinite Velocity by Colin Carlton.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Just started listening to Tiamat's Wrath, book 8 of the Expanse, by James SA Corey.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle book: The Rome Express (1896) by Arthur Griffiths.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

New World By greg haynes.

very interesting fusion of futuristic sci-fi and high fantasy.

I just finished reading Super Powereds year One through Four by Drew Hayes and it was fantastic. It was just as good as his Forging Hephaestus Villains Code Book 1. I give them all five stars. If anyone is into superhero/villain fiction I highly recommend these. Very large books so be warned but well worth the time.

I would also recommend the Confessions of a D List Super Villain series by Jim Bernheimer as well. Another five star. Not as long of a read as Super Powereds but just as enjoyable.

I'm reading the Superlatives by Jeff Deischer now.

There have been plenty of characters in all these books both minor and major. From standard powers like super strength and super speed to very unique powers not seen in any comic books. I like the armored characters like MechaniCAL and Hephaestus. The Iron Man like characters. They are both anti-heroes. Both hero and villain. They are more fun.

If anyone has any recommendations for team superhero/villain novel books I'd appreciate it. I want the books with lots of characters in them both hero and villain. Preferably the team books. Always been a fan of the team books like Avengers, JLA and X-Men.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 03-30-2019 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Auto correct sucks!

BANNED

Giovanni’s Room (1956) by James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I just finished reading Super Powereds year One through Four by Drew Hayes and it was fantastic. It was just as good as his Forging Hephaestus Villains Code Book 1. I give them all five stars. If anyone is into superhero/villain fiction I highly recommend these. Very large books so be warned but well worth the time.
    Absolutely loved these books. Did them on audible and did the entire Super Powereds series plus Corpies in under a month even though thats 180 hrs though I do listen at 1.5 speed. You didn't mention Corpies so you are aware of it aren't you? If not its a Super Powered's spinoff set roughly between years 3 and 4 starring Titan. Some of the stuff that happens at the end of Year 4 with Titan and his team don't make nearly as much sense and aren't nearly as cool if you haven't read Corpies.

Right now Hayes is writing the sequel to Forging Hephaestus.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Absolutely loved these books. Did them on audible and did the entire Super Powereds series plus Corpies in under a month even though thats 180 hrs though I do listen at 1.5 speed. You didn't mention Corpies so you are aware of it aren't you? If not its a Super Powered's spinoff set roughly between years 3 and 4 starring Titan. Some of the stuff that happens at the end of Year 4 with Titan and his team don't make nearly as much sense and aren't nearly as cool if you haven't read Corpies.

Right now Hayes is writing the sequel to Forging Hephaestus.
    I didn't know about Corpies. I'll have to make that my next read. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I didn't know about Corpies. I'll have to make that my next read. Thanks!
    Its awesome. Plus you'll kick yourself like I did for not reading it between years 3 and 4. There is a lot of stuff in year 4 involving a few minor characters that makes much more sense after you've read corpies. Especially the scenes near the end of the year 4 book where Titan summons his team and makes references to a character named Hexcellent. After Titan she is probably the main character and the one you most want to know about after Corpies. So seeing her appear in year 4 and especially how she is appears is awesome. I imagine if I'd read Corpies before year 4 and known who she was before she popped up I would have been cheering on her arrival, especially because of how she arrived. Plus year 4 is spoilerish, since it occurs chronologically afterwards, for some minor things and one major thing that happen in Corpies.