Page 137 of 261 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3909

I currently have two books ongoing;

Attachment 83327

Attachment 83328
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Just bought Terry McDermott's autobiography which will give me something to read next week when I'm staying in Manchester for a week due to work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just bought Terry McDermott's autobiography which will give me something to read next week when I'm staying in Manchester for a week due to work.
    Which "Terry McDermott"?

Seems to be that a singer (Scottish-born); a former football (not the American version) player; a baseball player; an Australian actor; a speed skater; and a few others with that name.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which "Terry McDermott"?

Seems to be that a singer (Scottish-born); a former football (not the American version) player; a baseball player; an Australian actor; a speed skater; and a few others with that name.
    He used to play soccer for Liverpool in the 70s and early 80s. Sorry for the confusion, I should've made it clearer who I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Struggling to find the time to read at the moment, and my wife surprised me by buying me A Game of Thrones on the weekend, so I'm more inclined to read that now!
    Yes, I got sidetracked with that as well. The map is interesting given what just happened last night.

Well it took me 3 weeks but I've finally finished A Game of Thrones. Can't decide whether to start A Clash of Kings or try something else to break it up.
    Don't continue. You'll just be disappointed when you reach the end of book 5 since there is no realistic sign of book 6 in sight let alone book 7 which is supposed to wrap things up.

I absolutely loved the series when I started reading it back in the 1990's. NINETEEN NINETIES!!!!!!! But its now obvious that Martin isn't going to finish. Between writers block, the TV show outpacing him and stealing his dramatic reveals (Jon is still dead in the books), etc its just become apparent he's not going to finish.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm going to resume reading the Creature Feature book that is Devil Hunters by R Guiltieri

Something is terrorizing persons in New Jersey, and leaving mutilated bodies also the issue that is missing persons. All evidence points to The New Jersey Devil which is considered hoax in the Cryptozoology Community.
    Derek Jenner a Crypto Hunter returns, and the Authorities summon to investigate. Derek and his team are going to investigate in the Pine Barrens Forest,a Corrupt Government Official will do everything he can to cover up the awful secret which is in the heart of the Pine Barrens Forest.

This sounds like a amazing Horror Supernatural Creature Feature Monster book that is similar to Predator except can stand on it's own. I have high hopes that this going to be a terrific unforgettable book.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Started reading today The Age of Louis XIV (1963), the eighth book in The Story of Civilization series by Will and Ariel Durant.

On my Kindle tomorrow, I'll begin The Riddle of the Sands (1903) by Erskine Childers.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Don't continue. You'll just be disappointed when you reach the end of book 5 since there is no realistic sign of book 6 in sight let alone book 7 which is supposed to wrap things up.

I absolutely loved the series when I started reading it back in the 1990's. NINETEEN NINETIES!!!!!!! But its now obvious that Martin isn't going to finish. Between writers block, the TV show outpacing him and stealing his dramatic reveals (Jon is still dead in the books), etc its just become apparent he's not going to finish.
    Yeah I kinda knew before starting the first book that I'd probably never get to read the ending, but I still feel like it's something I ought to read.

Just wondering, has anyone read The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson? I've heard it's good, so may consider buying this next.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Here's my Mystery Scene review of the Colin Conway / Frank Zafiro thriller Charlie-316.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Just wondering, has anyone read The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson? I've heard it's good, so may consider buying this next.
    Its great. You could view at superheroes in a medieval setting.

Word of warning though its only sort of a trilogy. There is a sequel series set a couple hundred years after the first trilogy that builds on what happened in the first. Three of four planned books in it so far. Its an old west type of setting. Sanderson also plans to someday write a final trilogy / quadrology in the world that will be futuristic. There is also Mistborn novella called Secret History that is a must read after you've finished the first trilogy as it would be extremely spoilerish for the first three books. He thinks he'll get around to writing the 4th book next year. Unlike Martin he writes prolifically so he'll almost certainly get it done but he's got so many different series going that it does sometimes take him a while to get back to them.

Also if your not aware many of Sanderson's books exist in a shared multiverse he calls the Cosmere so there are hints sprinkled throughout them and the Mistborn books as to the greater story going on in his Cosmere. You can read them without knowledge of the other series he's done but here and there you will come across something that seems random or pointless but is actually part of the Cosmere thing.

The 5 books so far released from a song of ice and fire.

I really appreciated the 3 first, a storm of swords being clearly my favorite, but the two last bored me. Expecially a feast for crows.

No, i don't give much of a damn about countless chapters with nothing but Cercei being a bitch.

Its great. You could view at superheroes in a medieval setting.

Word of warning though its only sort of a trilogy. There is a sequel series set a couple hundred years after the first trilogy that builds on what happened in the first. Three of four planned books in it so far. Its an old west type of setting. Sanderson also plans to someday write a final trilogy / quadrology in the world that will be futuristic. There is also Mistborn novella called Secret History that is a must read after you've finished the first trilogy as it would be extremely spoilerish for the first three books. He thinks he'll get around to writing the 4th book next year. Unlike Martin he writes prolifically so he'll almost certainly get it done but he's got so many different series going that it does sometimes take him a while to get back to them.

Also if your not aware many of Sanderson's books exist in a shared multiverse he calls the Cosmere so there are hints sprinkled throughout them and the Mistborn books as to the greater story going on in his Cosmere. You can read them without knowledge of the other series he's done but here and there you will come across something that seems random or pointless but is actually part of the Cosmere thing.
    Sounds good to me! I'll get ordering. Thanks for your reply and insight

Sounds good to me! I'll get ordering. Thanks for your reply and insight
    I realize I neglected to say one thing about it. As I said the Secret History novella is a must read AFTER the first Mistborn trilogy as its sort of a behind the scenes story of whats going on in the Mistborn trilogy and specifically references events in the trilogy as they are happening. You absolutely will want to read this though I can't say even really say why without spoiling things. However I just remembered that its also very spoilerish for the climax of the 3rd book in the second trilogy as something happens at the end of Secret History that leads directly into the end of that book. I know you can buy Secret History as a stand alone on Kindle but I think to get it in print its only collected as part of collection he did called Arcanum Unbound.

I realize I neglected to say one thing about it. As I said the Secret History novella is a must read AFTER the first Mistborn trilogy as its sort of a behind the scenes story of whats going on in the Mistborn trilogy and specifically references events in the trilogy as they are happening. You absolutely will want to read this though I can't say even really say why without spoiling things. However I just remembered that its also very spoilerish for the climax of the 3rd book in the second trilogy as something happens at the end of Secret History that leads directly into the end of that book. I know you can buy Secret History as a stand alone on Kindle but I think to get it in print its only collected as part of collection he did called Arcanum Unbound.
    I've had a look after reading your post and found this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mistborn-Se...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I'll stay away from it until I've read the first trilogy though.