Page 150 of 260 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3897

The 120 Days of Sodom
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I just finished another Morse novel, 'The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn'. It was a strange experience because initially I thought it was kind of disjointed and didn't feel like I was getting into it, but actually it turned out to be rather good. I think it's the more convoluted of his plots so far (I'm only a few books in) and since I barely remember the TV series, I'm able to read them pretty much unsullied. Except for that final event of course, I know that that is coming

Attachment 88037
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Good read, and giving me quite a few ideas for movies to seek out.

I finished the Paige Shelton thriller Thin Ice.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

I am reading The Star Beast by Robert A. Heinlein.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest book: Rousseau and Revolution by Will and Ariel Durant, the tenth and penultimate work from their The Story of Civilization series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The 120 Days of Sodom
    Not being a copycat here , but I'll be tackling the Marquis de Sade's book (1785) on my Kindle tomorrow. Whether or not this will be the first book listed here by me that I won't be able to finish is the question.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Think they are making this one into a movie, giving it a go

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I finished the Humphrey Hawksley thriller Man On Ice.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Not being a copycat here , but I'll be tackling the Marquis de Sade's book (1785) on my Kindle tomorrow. Whether or not this will be the first book listed here by me that I won't be able to finish is the question.

It was an interesting reading. I even thought there were some funny parts, with, of course, a twisted sense of humor. Most of the book is certainly not a pleasant story and it gets worse and worse, but it’s something pretty special and I hadn’t read anything like it before. I will check out other books by the Marquis in the future

I just started The Waves, by Virgina Woolf
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

I started reading The Return of Swamp Thing by Peter David.

BANNED

It was an interesting reading. I even thought there were some funny parts, with, of course, a twisted sense of humor. Most of the book is certainly not a pleasant story and it gets worse and worse, but it’s something pretty special and I hadn’t read anything like it before. I will check out other books by the Marquis in the future
    Now make sure you watch the Pasolini film for double the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Now make sure you watch the Pasolini film for double the fun!

I definitely plan to!

I finished reading the Neely Tucker thriller The Ways of the Dead.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool, a hidden prophecy unfolds as a war builds between the supernaturally empowered "Graced" and the fanatic cult of "Witnesses" who oppose their existence. Told through multiple PsOV, a strong first novel of a series with great character and world building. There was a twist that was heavily foreshadowed, and it was a little irritating that it took so long to reveal.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Latest Kindle read: The Hollow Needle (1909), the third Arsène Lupin book by Maurice Leblanc.

Well, it certainly wasn't boring!

While I'm glad I read it for it's historical importance, this was easily the most unpleasant work of fiction I have ever tackled. Yes, some of the stories between the consenting adults were humorous (though almost always gross), but the rest? Egad! It was really, really rough. I was in a perpetual state of grimacing from page to page.

Having said that, like you, it wouldn't preclude me from reading his other work.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?