Page 157 of 261 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3912

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Latest book on the ol' Kindle: Depraved Indifference (1989), the second book in the Butch Karp and Marlene Ciampi series by Robert K. Tanenbaum.

I love this series too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Stories II by T. C. Boyle

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I love this series too.
    I was a big fan of Falsely Accused when I read it years ago and decided only fairly recently to go through the series from the beginning. So far, so good!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mystery author M.C. Beaton has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Mystery author M.C. Beaton has passed away.
    I don't believe I have either read or seen anything by her, which I need to rectify sometime in the future.

RIP

Another great entry in the Morse collection.

Attachment 90981
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

The short story “A nasty story” (also translated as “An unpleasant predicament” among other titles), by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Red Skies Falling, by Alex London the sequel to Black Wings Beating and second book of a trilogy. Enjoyed this one more than the first. The protagonists' positions were more desperate and there was more brutality than I expected. Looking forward to the final book.

The casebook of Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The casebook of Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle
    Same here. The last couple of years, I've been reading all of Conan Doyle's Holmes--taking pauses between the works, because I don't want to finish reading them and then have none left. So it's kind of sad for me to be at the last work and I might take a long time to get through it, just because I don't want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Same here. The last couple of years, I've been reading all of Conan Doyle's Holmes--taking pauses between the works, because I don't want to finish reading them and then have none left. So it's kind of sad for me to be at the last work and I might take a long time to get through it, just because I don't want it to end.
    I read a Sherlock Holmes book consisting of a few tales years ago, for school. I really liked it, so I decided to read this book I had in my to read pile for around a year. In the future, I really want to try the death of Sherlock and his eventual come back to life

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I read all of the stories back in the late '80s, Jim, so I know how you feel.

I’m reading multiple Holmes stories right now (especially after watching all of Sherlock), it’s one of the only books I’ve actually seen on somebody else’s bookshelf besides my own.

Just started Forward the Foundation (1993) by Isaac Asimov.

On my Kindle tomorrow, I'll begin The Confessions of Arsène Lupin (1913) by Maurice Leblanc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Just started Forward the Foundation (1993) by Isaac Asimov.

On my Kindle tomorrow, I'll begin The Confessions of Arsène Lupin (1913) by Maurice Leblanc.

I read the Foundation trilogy. I really loved them. I might check the other Foundation books sometime!