Page 158 of 261 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3912

I'm halfway though Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky after that I'll start Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Giving this series a go.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post

Giving this series a go.
    I've heard great things. I have the trilogy and read the first instalment some time ago but I never got around to the other two.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Women, by Charles Bukowski
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I read the Foundation trilogy. I really loved them. I might check the other Foundation books sometime!
    You should! BTW, the original Foundation books are my favorite trilogy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I finished reading an advance copy of Matthew Quirk's Hour of the Assassin.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Going through Robert E. Howard's complete Conan The Cimmerian tales. This is a great mythos to get lost in. Although I've also been reading The Witcher short stories at the same time and I keep mixing up which is which.

Amazing Member

Currently reading Cloud Atlas. I've enjoyed it so far. Might re-watch the movie again after this, since the only thing I remember since seeing it in theater is how confused I was with the whole thing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Outsider - Stephen King
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The second in Kate Mosse's Langeudoc trilogy, 'Speulchre'. Not as good as Labyrinth, but still very much worth the read. It's a fascinating setting for historical fiction.

Attachment 91488
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

I've been reading the Great Gatsby. I must admit the name doesn't lie; it's pretty enamouring to read.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Going through Robert E. Howard's complete Conan The Cimmerian tales. This is a great mythos to get lost in. Although I've also been reading The Witcher short stories at the same time and I keep mixing up which is which.
    Yay, Conan! Years ago Dark Horse released an chronological adaption of REH's Conan tales by Kurt Busiek that hooked me and I read the originals. The first movie is bad but funny bad and I recommend the REH biopic starring Kingpin and Bridget Jones. Also I love Ragdoll.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Now reading on my Kindle Lady Killer (1958), the eighth 87th Precinct novel by Ed McBain.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I finished the Eva Gates mystery Something Read, Something Dead last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm ashamed to say that my only 87th Precinct read is Cop Hater, but I have a couple ready to go! Also, there is a podcast on Spotify called 'Hark: The 87th Precinct Podcast' (or roughly so). I've only had a chance to listen to one episode so far but it was decent