Page 165 of 261 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3912
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Two more Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu short stories for the Kindle: Madam Crowl's Ghost and the Dead Sexton (1871) and An Authentic Narrative of a Haunted House (1862).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I finished reading an advance copy of Robyn Gigl's debut thriller By Way of Sorrow.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm struggling to finish Dr Sleep by Stephen King. Some Proust on the side cause the soul also needs to be fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I'm struggling to finish Dr Sleep by Stephen King. Some Proust on the side cause the soul also needs to be fed.
    I'm also on a King read, reading Salem's Lot.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm also on a King read, reading Salem's Lot.
    I heard quite a lot of good thing about that one, are you enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I heard quite a lot of good thing about that one, are you enjoying it?
    So far yes, but I've only just got to the bit where events start taking a turn. Likewise though, I've heard great things. My only other King read is Pet Sematary so I don't know much about King's writing as a whole. I'm not sure I like this idea of him linking all of the novels though but I'll judge it when i get there I guess...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Bouchercon, the World Mystery Convention, has been officially cancelled for 2020.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

A couple more spooky Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu short stories for my Kindle: An Account of Some Strange Disturbances in Aungier Street (1853) and Ultor De Lacey: A Legend of Cappercullen (1861).

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    A couple more spooky Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu short stories for my Kindle: An Account of Some Strange Disturbances in Aungier Street (1853) and Ultor De Lacey: A Legend of Cappercullen (1861).
    One last new Le Fanu book to read on my Kindle (a novel this time): The Haunted Baronet (1871).

Ultimate Member

I just finished my second SK novel, which slips straight into second place in my rankings behind Pet Sematary.

Attachment 95723

Mighty Member

To cope with corona isolation I'm borrowing lots of historical biographies from the high school library I work at. I need something to remind me of even WORSE times people went through. I have read some short books on the Gallipoli campaign, just started on Schindler's Ark and recently finished The Girl in the picture - a book by that screaming naked child in that famous vietnam war photo.

At the end she moves to Canada and meets the airforce man who played a part in the bombing of her village. He was greatly troubled by whatever part his actions took and she hugs and forgives him.

I was moved to tears by this, which leads to the question : What books have made you cry? For me it's usually children's books like the Rabbit's wedding and The Cat that lived a million times
    And you?

Alexander, by Klaus Mann
    Blood Meridian, by Cormac McCarthy
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I'm pretty sure that it was Fred Weasley's death

Extraordinary Member

Play the King, Michael Dodds. I'm not so sure I will like it.