Page 64 of 262 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Starting Thrawn today, I've been anticipating this one as Timothy Zahn's intro to the new Star Wars continuity.

Musashi's Book of Five Rings, i enjoy strategy books as there's lessons that you can apply in life.
    Apart from this and Art of War, are there any other to read? looking for suggestions
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

The final book of the Wheel Of Time!!! Been a bloody long road getting here, gonna finish this big sucker tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Starting Thrawn today, I've been anticipating this one as Timothy Zahn's intro to the new Star Wars continuity.
    I couldn't tell if the book was a prequel to the old Thrawn books or setting up a Thrawn arc in the new Disney books? Besides not knowing this, it was a decent read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just finished the last Star Wars Aftermath series, not really on par with the better EU novels, but then again not nearly as bad as the bad ones, hear Bloodlines is better and will read that next
    Aftermath trilogy is some of the worst SW books ever. Bloodlines is freaking amazing, though. That and Lost Stars (from the same author as Bloodlines) take SW fanfic to a whole new level.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 04-16-2017 at 06:30 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I began Nelson DeMille's Plum Island over the weekend.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I finished an advance copy of the Timothy Williams book "The Second Day of the Renaissance".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My review of the William Christie thriller A Single Spy got published in Mystery Scene Magazine. You can check out the online version HERE!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Myth of the Maker, an origin story for part of the Strange RPG. I was looking forward to it a bit, and unfortunately, it sucks. Typical C-grade tie-in property.

Fifth Defiance, web fiction, if that counts. It's pretty interesting so far.

Here's my Mystery Scene magazine review of Police At The Station And They Don't Look Friendly by Adrian McKinty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    My review of the William Christie thriller A Single Spy got published in Mystery Scene Magazine. You can check out the online version HERE!
    The author posted the full text of my review on the front page of his website and shared the link on his Facebook page, so that was cool.

My review of the Robin Yokum novel "A Welcome Murder" is a Mystery Scene magazine online exclusive.

I went to a book signing on Friday for author Hank Phillippi Ryan. At the start of her talk, she singled me out saying that I was "a very good book reviewer, so she had to be on her toes".

This was in a standing room only crowd of people in my own town with my senior year English teacher in the room.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I went to a book signing on Friday for author Hank Phillippi Ryan. At the start of her talk, she singled me out saying that I was "a very good book reviewer, so she had to be on her toes".

This was in a standing room only crowd of people in my own town with my senior year English teacher in the room.
    That's pretty cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I've been watching the TV show The Expanse and I really like it, so I figured I would read the books and see how they compare. I just went to my library and checked out the first book in the series 'Leviathan Wakes'. I'm going to start reading it today.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I've been watching the TV show The Expanse and I really like it, so I figured I would read the books and see how they compare. I just went to my library and checked out the first book in the series 'Leviathan Wakes'. I'm going to start reading it today.
    Would you recommend the show to a fan of Tom Jane?
    Starting The Joke from Milan Kundera 'cause Ed Brubaker likes it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Would you recommend the show to a fan of Tom Jane?
    Starting The Joke from Milan Kundera 'cause Ed Brubaker likes it a lot.
    I have no idea what that is. Sorry