Page 88 of 260 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3897

I always loved the show too. Same with Midsomer Murders, albeit for slightly different reasons :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I always loved the show too. Same with Midsomer Murders, albeit for slightly different reasons :P
    I have been watching that recently and think it's great, too. John Nettles is such a damn good actor that he doesn't even appear to be acting at all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Finished my Expanse re-read, now I can read the brand spanking new book 7 for the first time.

Other books I've been picking away at:
    Ghost Summer by Tananarive Due.
    Elfstones Of Shannara by Terry Brooks.
    A re-read of Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon.

Also, Goodreads says I finished 252 books this year. Most were audiobooks I listened to at my landscaping job, but I still read a good number of physical books on my weekends. How was you guys 2017 in Review?

BANNED

The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy) by Katherine Arden

The Horror Hall of Fame: the Stoker Winners edited by Joe R. Lansdale

Ah yes John Nettles is awesome - I ought to watch Bergerac (spelling?) at some point. I think that Neil Dudgeon is good too, so long as you don't expect him to be John Nettles, if that makes sense? I initially had the same uneasy feeling as when there is a new Doctor or a new James Bond. Regarding Dudgeon, there is a crime series of audiobooks out which he narrates that I keep meaning to check out, if you're into that sort of thing
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

I'll be starting The Black Company series by Glen Cook. Been wanting to read it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Also, Goodreads says I finished 252 books this year. Most were audiobooks I listened to at my landscaping job, but I still read a good number of physical books on my weekends. How was you guys 2017 in Review?
    Man, I posted something like 103 things here for this year (though 3 or 4 of them were short stories or poems) - the most I have ever read for any given year, FWIW - yet I am very humbled after reading your post. I am not worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Man, I posted something like 103 things here for this year (though 3 or 4 of them were short stories or poems) - the most I have ever read for any given year, FWIW - yet I am very humbled after reading your post. I am not worthy!
    That's why I always clarify my unfair advantage of audiobooks at my full-time job. Wen I didn't have this set-up, I read maybe 20-25 books a year, but for the last few years I've been able to just tear through things. But the people who make a mission of reading 52 physical books per year always have my respect, when I'm not at work, I'm more likely to read comic books over real ones.

I finished the Wheel of Time prequel and thus am now fully done with the series just before the New Year, I've started Artemis, Andy Weir's new book(author of the Martian) and am taking that slowly to finish out the year with

Brandon Sanderson announced that his mystery project is called Skyward and will be a new title that's supposedly not connected to the Cosmere or the Reckoners but is connected to one of his other works
    The official pitch is this: Defeated, crushed, and driven almost to extinction, the remnants of the human race are trapped on a planet that is constantly attacked by mysterious alien starfighters. Spensa, a teenage girl living among them, longs to be a pilot. When she discovers the wreckage of an ancient ship, she realizes this dream might be possible—assuming she can repair the ship, navigate flight school, and (perhaps most importantly) persuade the strange machine to help her. Because this ship, uniquely, appears to have a soul.
    Basically a sci fi spin on the boy and his dragon story
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-30-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Sad day for mystery fans - Sue Grafton has died.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    That's why I always clarify my unfair advantage of audiobooks at my full-time job. Wen I didn't have this set-up, I read maybe 20-25 books a year, but for the last few years I've been able to just tear through things. But the people who make a mission of reading 52 physical books per year always have my respect, when I'm not at work, I'm more likely to read comic books over real ones.
    You make a good point, of course, but that's still a lot of books that you "read" from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sad day for mystery fans - Sue Grafton has died.
    I posted something about it on the In Memoriam thread.

RIP

My picks for the Top 10 Mysteries & Thrillers can be read HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Read a few pages today on my Kindle from The Saint Closes the Case (1930) by Leslie Charteris, the second book from the Simon Templar series and the first novel.