All-New Member

Default (UK) Comic Book Fans, I Need Your Help!

Hi all,

I'm in the early stages of planning to open a local bricks and mortar comic book shop. As part of of this planning I'm conducting some market reasearch to get a feel of what people buy, how they buy and what they would like to see from a comic book store. At the moment, the research is just to get a general feel for things, more local research will be carried out at a later date.

I have created a survery which will ask the questions and record the answers to be reviewed later. The survery can be found here:

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/149708WRMTF

Note, no personal information is recorded on the survey so it's completely anonymous.

If you have 10 minutes spare, I'd appreciate it if you could complete the above survey and perhaps use this thread to air your views on comic book shops in general, what they do well, what they don't, what you would like to see etc, etc. All of your input will help shape what will ultimately become an awesome comic book store, which hopefully some of you may use one day.

Mods, as I'm not advertising a product or service as such, I'm hoping that I'm not breaking any forum rules or that this is considered spam but if this is deemed as inappropriate, please move/remove as necessary.

Ideally I'm looking for those based in the UK, but anyone can complete the survey.

Thank you for your time.

Keep it clean, keep it tidy, have lots of light and don't let sponges stand in front of the new comics reading them all. Best of luck.

P.S. what city are you thinking of opening it in?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Best of luck with your store Fullerawesome. A survey sounds like a great way to find out what your customers want. Where will your store be, and what will it be called? Also, stocking the UK Marvel/DC CEs, could help get a lot of UK fans into comics.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Alright then. Done.

Good luck with this. I've got to echo the questions raised above too. Where are you thinking of opening this shop?? Will we find out about this on here??

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Keep it clean, keep it tidy, have lots of light and don't let sponges stand in front of the new comics reading them all. Best of luck.

P.S. what city are you thinking of opening it in?
    Thanks for that, we're looking at Gloucester (not far from you by the looks), our last one closed years ago and another never resurfaced, nearest one is almost an hour round trip and this has always been a dream of mine so I'm making it happen, just doing things properly first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Best of luck with your store Fullerawesome. A survey sounds like a great way to find out what your customers want. Where will your store be, and what will it be called? Also, stocking the UK Marvel/DC CEs, could help get a lot of UK fans into comics.
    Thanks again. The response has been awesome

Just want to say the survery response has been phenomenal, thank you to everyone who has completed it. I'm very close to using up my free responses so I'm looking in to buying some more.

EDIT: I have increased the responses so please continue to complete the survey, any help or input is absolutely appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by FullerAwesome; 02-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Alright then. Done.

Good luck with this. I've got to echo the questions raised above too. Where are you thinking of opening this shop?? Will we find out about this on here??
    I appreciate that, thank you.

It'll be in Gloucester we're hoping.