Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    No. it's at my LCS waiting for me along with Rumble and Low,

If i get a chance i'll pick it up this afternoon.

Reading shortly. So excited!

This was excellent. The art was something really special, and Steward colored the hell (no pun intended, but there it is anyway) out of this issue.

One small detail: Hellboy in front of the mirror, it appears he has a duality in appearance same as everyone else in Hell, which I found rather interesting. I wouldn't have assumed that.

SO what did everyone think of this issue?

Man, that was really good. A bit disturbing...those man in flesh whispering Hellboy at the doctors office give me the creeps.
    Do you guys think Hellboy can go back do Earth, after what Alice said? Or do you think that she only means about going back to England?
    (I listened to Eraserhead OST from David Lynch while I read the issue...)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    One small detail: Hellboy in front of the mirror, it appears he has a duality in appearance same as everyone else in Hell, which I found rather interesting. I wouldn't have assumed that.
    I don't know... I took that as an image of the parasite that was infecting his "soul." Maybe I misread it but that's what I took away. Sort of like a underworld x-ray machine. What does everyone else think?

Great issue... I love the way characters morph in and out their "true" forms throughout the issue. Really creepy.

The Alice scenes were beautiful. I love Mignola's watercolor work. I want to see more! Curious if it was really Alice or not though... either way some interesting new ideas in those panels.

Quote Originally Posted by HelIb0y View Post
    I don't know... I took that as an image of the parasite that was infecting his "soul." Maybe I misread it but that's what I took away. Sort of like a underworld x-ray machine. What does everyone else think?
    Not the parasite, Hellboy's head was different. No hair, looked like maybe it was a skull like everyone else in hell randomly shift into skeletons, as stated by Storey, their true forms.

I also noticed the wound in his chest seemed to disappear after he took the medicine and started turning red again.
    Last edited by Joker; 08-26-2015 at 09:51 PM.

So much great stuff going on in this issue...

The return of Alice! And along with her the hope for a new start in England. What is the building the new world tree is growing next to? I think this is the first time Mike has drawn Alice in a book. Is that true?

I loved how Hellboy conjured up the energy to get in a good punch on Dr. Coppelius (and turned red momentarily while doing so).
    A Golem who serves tea and knows a lot about fish!
    The parasite found on Hellboy's soul (not scientifically speaking of course).
    I thought it was hilarious when Dr. Hoffmann called Hellboy a child for not wanting to take his medicine.
    A witch puppet show!
    Let's hope they can trap Wilhelm in that dead cat so they can move back to the business of getting Hellboy on the mend. Based on the cover for issue #8 it appears that is exactly what will happen.

This was $5.98 well spent, I bought the issue digitally from DH and a floppy at my LCS. I can hardly wait for the next issue, at least I only have to wait 4 weeks.
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 08-26-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Hellboy in Hell 007 - The Hounds of Pluto #1 (2015) - Page 5.jpg

Would love a textless version of this page as a phone background

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Not the parasite, Hellboy's head was different. No hair, looked like maybe it was a skull like everyone else in hell randomly shift into skeletons, as stated by Storey, their true forms.

I also noticed the wound in his chest seemed to disappear after he took the medicine and started turning red again.
    I noticed that too. My initial thought was that this was him as one of the "empty husks you sometimes see along the shore, yowling at the sea." The skeleton form thing makes more sense, but I'd imagine he'd still have his horns nubs, which don't look like they're there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    So much great stuff going on in this issue...

The return of Alice! And along with her the hope for a new start in England. What is the building the new world tree is growing next to?
    I'm pretty sure that the tower was featured somewhere in The Storm and The Fury. Can't remember where. I thought initially it was the tower where he fough Nimue, but this looks more like a church.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 08-27-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    Hellboy in Hell 007 - The Hounds of Pluto #1 (2015) - Page 5.jpg

Would love a textless version of this page as a phone background
    More questions here. Do we think Rasputin's soul, thrown in to the fires at the roots of the World Tree in Darkness Calls, is the "something worse?"

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the tower was featured somewhere in The Storm and The Fury. Can't remember where. I thought initially it was the tower where he fough Nimue, but this looks more like a church.
    It's the church from the first pages from The Storm! Where Hellboy and Alice talks with a priest.
    The parasite really looks like the weird insects from the abyss on the first HB in Hell trade... are they the ogdru hem?

I was thinking the same thing that the parasite looks like one of the "bugs" from the abyss.