Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

How great is this! New story and immediately just about everything finds itself hanging in the balance so particularly, so vibrantly and graphical.

Eversince Hell, but also eversince Darkness Calls or all stories really, there seem to have been goings-on visually, as seeming to be becoming reality but at the same time also not, due to seeming but impossible, seeming a straying or fleeting from whatever status quo.

The hell husk appearances, in a way harking back to the clay-like second stances to Hellboy as followed by the elves from where they'd be hiding.

But also the "enflamed heads" to beings potentially living out their thought purpose or destinies - as if to say such thoughts might come to pass as such, or either they might not, or why else would such destinies be proving as hanging in the balance, due to how solemn or lucid they're getting to be portrayed as? As promise or potential moreso than mere actualities?

What the flashy glowy jellyfish could be for Abe, the hell-spawned bigheaded octopuses seemed for Hellboy, yet the parasite or abyss-insects both as the Ogdru Hem seem to belong to an inner world or logic.
    As if they'd be coming with Creation as performed by the Ogdru Jahad - hanging over the galaxy, literally both as metaphorically, at the root of everything including the World Tree effectively?

It's as if any and all characters to discern from the storytelling are all individuals as commenting both as making their own sense of it all, but that everything unseen or underneath it all only shows itself through those characters, by means of imagery to familiarize with.

As if within the storytelling anything monstrous or crittery or dark (and fun) would effectively be mysterious. Being effectively what isn't known but needs to be, in order to get prevented or be enabled at any coming to pass?

[BONUS tidbit:] The World Tree or Tree Of Life is in itself an analogy as pertaining to possibly the oldest story matter of our World: the Nordic "POETIC EDDA".
    About this Tree and its inhabitants or effectively about the Life which the Tree stands for. There is beauty and hope and all that stuff, but any of it as pertaining to Life, meaning mortal life.
    Whereas any wonder or threat or magic/power would pertain to any those granting both as threatening Life, primarily as represented by the Dragon called "World-Ender", a monster who calls the Tree of Life its home. Said to harbor the dead on its wings toward their place beneath the Tree, but especially his name seems most significant, since it has the analogy appear to mean that there would be no Life without Death, no beginnings without endings, no hope with no fear, nor any 'Heaven' without the sense of loss.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-27-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: as specified.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I noticed that too. My initial thought was that this was him as one of the "empty husks you sometimes see along the shore, yowling at the sea." The skeleton form thing makes more sense, but I'd imagine he'd still have his horns nubs, which don't look like they're there.
    Oh, well maybe what we saw was his "soul" since we saw an otherwise invisible parasite attached to his "soul". Except his soul was wearing a trench coat! Maybe someone can ask Mike on twitter or facebook. I'm not on either, so I can't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    It's the church from the first pages from The Storm! Where Hellboy and Alice talks with a priest.
    Initially I thought it might be the church from The Storm as well. But after some research I think it is actually the church St. Martin-in-the-Fields from Trafalgar Square in London where lilies started growing at the end of The Fury.

Hellboy_the_Fury_Trafalgar.jpg

St_martin_in_the_fields_exterior.jpg

Trafalgar_Square_buildings-488x327.jpg

The Claw of Justice!

Man, this was a great issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Oh, well maybe what we saw was his "soul" since we saw an otherwise invisible parasite attached to his "soul". Except his soul was wearing a trench coat! Maybe someone can ask Mike on twitter or facebook. I'm not on either, so I can't ask.
    I thought his reflection kinda looked like Baltimore.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Man, this was a great issue!

I thought his reflection kinda looked like Baltimore.
    Or Mike himself

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    Or Mike himself
    That's what I thought too.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Initially I thought it might be the church from The Storm as well. But after some research I think it is actually the church St. Martin-in-the-Fields from Trafalgar Square in London where lilies started growing at the end of The Fury.

Hellboy_the_Fury_Trafalgar.jpg

St_martin_in_the_fields_exterior.jpg

Trafalgar_Square_buildings-488x327.jpg
    I feel like that's definitely what its meant to be

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I love the idea of Hellboy having a human soul, but still being so awesome that it wears a trench coat just like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    Attachment 26340

Would love a textless version of this page as a phone background
    here you go.

Attachment 26493

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I love the idea of Hellboy having a human soul, but still being so awesome that it wears a trench coat just like he does.
    LoL that's a pretty good explanation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    here you go.

Attachment 26493
    Thanks! Appreciate it.

Here's a preview of #8, out Wednesday: http://www.comicmonsters.com/item-99...8_Preview.html

Really good stuff. I am overly excited for this issue.

I can't wait for Wednesday!

The Claw of Justice!

I can't wait to read it! Unfortunately, I can't make it to the comic shop until this afternoon, but until then I hope I can resist from reading the preview...this will take a tremendous amount of willpower!