Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I can't wait to read it! Unfortunately, I can't make it to the comic shop until this afternoon, but until then I hope I can resist from reading the preview...this will take a tremendous amount of willpower!
    Resist. It'll be so worth it.

I read the preview yesterday and it didn't take anything away from reading the issue for me.

This issue did not disappoint. Holy hell, that was amazing. I love this comic so much, I... I want to post spoilers, but I won't so as not to tempt you all, but this was outstanding!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, that ending blew me away. It left me asking so many questions and I love that.

Wow.
    Tha cat story was cool, but the last pages... I think that's the first time Hellboy himself knows all his story. He now knows where he came from and he even knows the future - one of the best issues from Hellboy In Hell.

Spectacular Member

Bloody great book. Made even better by seeing a letter of mine printed in the back.

Wow !!! Really great time for the mignolaverse this days ! All of this is really really really exciting !

Made me have to pull out The Midnight Circus for a re read.

The title of this arc threw me, as I didn't know Pluto to have any hounds, but I did wonder if it would end up being the Erinyes, as they have been represented with dog heads, and Mignola has used a large amount of Greco-Roman mythology for his introduction to Hell. It was hound verb not hound noun.

This felt like the finale to a big arc, even though it's just a two parter that'll be in the middle of a trade. I can't imagine where Mignola's gonna take things in the upcoming two parter, hopefully we find out soon.

I really loved this issue and the 2-part story as a whole. I need to re-read both parts again now. I would love to own some original art pages from "The Hounds of Pluto".

Kind of surprised how quiet this thread is... I thought you all would have more to say about this arc.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think it was so big that I personally didn't want to spoil too much for other people.

Long Ago User...

really really excellent book, #8. I got on late, so it's the only book I got, but I saw that MM was back on the book and I immediately was back on the Hellboy book. Now I've got to backtrack those early issues.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    That's what I thought too.
    Was Mike's father also bald? He is, after all, the inspiration for HB's personality, so I could see his human reflection having a resemblance.

Then again, maybe Mignola just didn't want to draw Hellboy with hair in any incarnation.

Anyway, these two issues were incredible. The scene with Alice in Part 1 (inkwash?) has already been singled out, and I think Part 2 contains some of Mignola's moodiest, heaviest art ever.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Was Mike's father also bald? He is, after all, the inspiration for HB's personality, so I could see his human reflection having a resemblance.

Then again, maybe Mignola just didn't want to draw Hellboy with hair in any incarnation.

Anyway, these two issues were incredible. The scene with Alice in Part 1 (inkwash?) has already been singled out, and I think Part 2 contains some of Mignola's moodiest, heaviest art ever.
    Yeah, I know. After Hellboy walked down into the crypt, the page with the grey emptiness was incredible. Plus, I liked seeing Mike's version of the panel where HB pulls the sword from the stone.

All-New Member

Maybe Mignola's best ever Hellboy story to date? Beautiful, seamless marriage of art and story! Perfect!

Amazing Member

Has there been any words about what's next? I mean, I've read that Mignola wants to do a big 20 issues arc for Hellboy in Hell but do we know what's after the two part the Hounds of Pluto? I'm wondering because of the next Library edition, which should be 2 trades, as usual. We have one 5 issues trade so far, and already 3 issues more. So, depending on what's next, we might get the next trade right after the next arc or whatever comes next. But I don't remember ever reading what comes directly after Pluto. Anybody? :P