Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How do you even do that short of waiting until Cavill is allowed to shave and do another round of reshoots?
    When they can add entire dead actors since at least 24y ago they can fix the mustache thing. How in exact detail? No idea, but it probably involves expensive studio software & PC power which apparently have not been in use in the first place when they shot with the mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Is it know if WB will polish Mustachegate for the BluRay release? Its sad enough they won't release an extended version but thats IMO something they simply have to do.
    I don’t think WB wants to spend any more money on that movie. It was a disaster and they’ve moved on. They’re just hoping they can rebound in 2019.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Age of Ultron was definitely more well received than JL, but that's not saying much. Fandom didn't embrace it nearly as much as the first film, and Whedon got a ton of flack for his treatment of Widow in particular. Overall, it seems to have earned a reputation of "So okay, it's average." And now the Russo brothers have Infinity War.
    You are wrong about that.
    It was not as embraced as the first one but it was embraced more then most dceu films on average.
    It was highly embraced but not at much as the first.
    The audience for rt gave it much higher scores on average then critics but critic rt scores are really high.
    The rt score if you break it down for critics would be 4/5 stars.
    Great but not really great or excellent.

For the average score from critics it got a 6.7/10.
    So that's very good score, not average score.
    So critics or rt view it as very good to a great film,not average or just okay.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - IMDb
    Rating: 7.4/10 - 557,555 votes

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - Rotten Tomatoes
    TOMATOMETER. 75%.
    Average Rating:
    6.7/10.
    Audience Score
    83% liked it
    Average Rating
    4.1/5

Critical response

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 75% approval rating with an average rating of 6.7/10 based on 323 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Exuberant and eye-popping, Avengers: Age of Ultron serves as an overstuffed but mostly satisfying sequel, reuniting its predecessor's unwieldy cast with a few new additions and a worthy foe."On Metacritic, the film achieved an average score of 66 out of 100, based on 49 critics, signifying "generally favorable reviews". CinemaScore reported that audiences gave the film an "A" grade on an A+ to F scale.

Note-CinemaScore for the Audience scores are more accurate by the way.
    That is the audience score you should look at first before the other audience scores.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-05-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Note-CinemaScore for the Audience scores are more accurate by the way.
    That is the audience score you should look at first before the other audience scores.
    It seems like a movie has to be quite bad to get even a C. Even movies like Suicide Squad and Transformers: The Last Knight got a B+. For that matter Batman & Robin got a C+.
    It almost seems like a A is a mediocre score and only truly great movies get an A+

Extraordinary Member

CinemaScore
    An A+ grade from CinemaScore for a film typically predicts a successful box office. From 1982 to August 2011, only 52 films (about two a year) received the top grade, including seven Academy Award for Best Picture winners. A+ films include Titanic, A Few Good Men, Dances with Wolves, Driving Miss Daisy, The King's Speech, Schindler's List and Toy Story 2. From 2004 to 2014, those rated A+ and A earned total revenue 4.8 and 3.6 times their opening-weekend box-office results, respectively, while C-rated films' total revenue was 2.5 times their opening weekend. As opening-night audiences are presumably more enthusiastic about a film than ordinary patrons, a C grade from them is - according to the Los Angeles Times - "bad news, the equivalent of a failing grade". According to Mintz, "A’s generally are good, B’s generally are shaky, and C’s are terrible. D’s and F’s, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it". In the same interview he cited Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise as the "two stars, it doesn’t matter how bad the film is, they can pull (the projections) up".B Grade For ‘Turtles’: What CinemaScores Mean And Why Exit Polling Matters
    http://deadline.com/2014/08/b-grade-...tters-816538/#

Here is a movie ratings system i found.

Movie Rating Systems
    http://www.ideaxchg.com/movie-rating-systems/

Extraordinary Member

When i heard i about the black panther and RT thing i started to trust the movie scores from audiences even more so from CinemaScore.
    They would be more accurate what the audiences are thinking about a movie.

Anyway when normal folks rate a movie using the letter system i think a c is really considered mediocre(not bad).
    This is how you suppose to rate movies using the letter system because no way i was consider an A close to mediocre.
    For me a B is not mediocre if i rate a movie using the letter system and most folks will say the same as well.

C+ good to very good.
    C good to so and so.
    C- so and so to bad.

A- is great to really great.
    A is really great.
    A+ is excellent.

B+ Very good to great.
    B very good.
    B- good to very good.

Anyway check out the recent comicbook movies and thier CinemaScore.

Cinemascores
    DC FILMS
    Wonder Woman
    A

Justice League
    B+

Animation/movies
    The Lego Batman Movie
    A-

Batman: The Killing Joke
    Cinemascore?

Marvel
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    A

Spider-Man: Homecoming
    A

Thor: Ragnarok
    A
    Last edited by mace11; 02-06-2018 at 01:55 AM.

First official synposis for Shazam:

We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard.Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I wonder if the part from Geoff Johns' Shazam where he tries to buy beer in his superhero form will be included? :P

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like a perfect summation for a good Shazam/Captain Marvel story!

Definitely excited for this one!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I guess that’s confirmation that he’s gonna he called “Shazam”.

The new Deadpool trailer takes a shot at Justice League/mustache gate. Man, that movie has become a punch line.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds good to me.

I haven’t read a ton of Captain Marvel and I’m curious how fans view his personality in adult form. I was a bit surprised when the New 52 appearances he made in other titles seemed to still have he personality of a child. I don’t remember that always being the case, can someone enlighten me? Has it always been that way and writers just don’t always nail reconciling a child’s innocence and the Wisdom of Solomon?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The new Deadpool trailer takes a shot at Justice League/mustache gate. Man, that movie has become a punch line.
    Well, they already made fun of Green Lantern in the last movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Sounds good to me.

I haven’t read a ton of Captain Marvel and I’m curious how fans view his personality in adult form. I was a bit surprised when the New 52 appearances he made in other titles seemed to still have he personality of a child. I don’t remember that always being the case, can someone enlighten me? Has it always been that way and writers just don’t always nail reconciling a child’s innocence and the Wisdom of Solomon?
    I don't think it was the case for Golden Age Captain Marvel but later interpretations started running with the idea that Billy retained his personality after transforming into Captain Marvel.

I don't think writers have necessarily failed reconciling a child's innocence with the Wisdom of Solomon, more like made a natural contrast with it as a focal point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Sounds good to me.

The short answer is Cap has mostly been written with Billy's personality (sans the wisdom of Solomon) since he was integrated into Prime Earth after the original Crisis. The exceptions are Jeff Smith's amazing Monster Society of Evil and Captain Marvel from Earth 5 (Thunderworld) or Earth S (Convergence Shazam!). Those gave Cap his own distinct adult personality.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play Joker in that Elseworlds Joker Origin flick...

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/jo...ps-1202692188/