where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Fan-made adaptation of David F. Sandberg's joke Shazam script.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Soooo....anyone see the thing Casey Affleck said? Basically accidentally blurted out that Ben is not doing The Batman. Seems like they're just doing their best to keep it under wraps for now and will announce after JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Soooo....anyone see the thing Casey Affleck said? Basically accidentally blurted out that Ben is not doing The Batman. Seems like they're just doing their best to keep it under wraps for now and will announce after JL.
    He's not playing Batman? Or did he mean he wasn't directing it? I haven't heard Casey Affleck's interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    He's not playing Batman? Or did he mean he wasn't directing it? I haven't heard Casey Affleck's interview.
    He's not going to do The Batman. See for yourself, step to the six minute mark.

He says "I don't think" and he says "I was just kinda making that up." Who knows! I'm not 100% convinced yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    He says "I don't think" and he says "I was just kinda making that up." Who knows! I'm not 100% convinced yet!
    He says the "I was just kinda making that up" after the host scares him into the notion that he just broke major news.

He says the "I was just kinda making that up" after the host scares him into the notion that he just broke major news.
    Can you just let me be in denial!

I'm only half-joking to be honest. I really want to see a solo Affleck Batman movie.

BANNED

It all comes down to JL really.

I just don't care at this point, about the future of the DCEU or whether Affleck is gonna stay as Batman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I've seen speculation that it's connected to Snyder's political beliefs. I don't know if it's true but I've heard it said Snyder is on the right/ libertarian side of the fence. As you probably know Hollywood , particularly among the creative production side of things seems more left of the fence. Again, though, just speculation. There does seem to be this sort of " clique" in Hollywood.
    Well, they don't seem to have a problem with Clint Eastwood, who is far more vocal about his conservative beliefs.

I don't think Snyder is conservative btw. Maybe libertarian as he is an Ayn Rand fan. His fondness for Randian ideologies kind of shows in DCEU Ma and Pa Kent's outlook IMO. They keep advocating that Kal-El doesn't owe anything to society (the larger collective) which is very in line with Rand's Objectivism theory.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It all comes down to JL really.
    Agreed. If it is successful and at least decently received by critics, I think he will stick around for at least one solo Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I just don't care at this point, about the future of the DCEU...
    Why would you say that now when things look brighter than they ever did for the movie universe thanks to Diana of Themyscira?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I really want to watch more from both Casey and Ben Affleck but they should be happy with what they do and if another Batman isn't what Ben wants... I think the DCEU makers finally started listening to the fans and the future looks bright. I'm looking forward to Aquadude, WW2 and the New Gods stuff already but will watch everything DC anyways.
    It would be great to recast some roles AFTER Flashpoint and use the new actors for many movies to come. On the recasting front I would love them to do Midnighter and Apollo in the Justice League instead of Bats and Supes. A crazy idea but why not choose similar roles to fill some shoes instead of having the same role played by different actors. Why not make a Plastic Man movie and dethrone Deadpool? There's such an amount of beloved characters and they should get them out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I just don't care at this point, about the future of the DCEU or whether Affleck is gonna stay as Batman.
    Then why are you here?

He says, "I don't think" before the host even points that out. Even he isn't sure himself.

It's incredible how people will believe what is said about Affleck will or will not do if it comes from anyone but the man himself