Page 1864 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 86413641764181418541860186118621863186418651866186718681874 ... LastLast
Results 27,946 to 27,960 of 28116
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Didn't the Flashpoint name get dropped already from the Flash solo movie anyway?
    Yes it did. DC seems to be course correcting and it will probably help them financially. Although the die hards fans of the previous incarnation now seem to be disparaging the new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This type of idiots must be saying that about every comic book movie with similar protagonists. It's annoying, but it is what it is.
    It is one of the downsides of the internet and youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is probably going to be the talking point that most people will use who are trying to disparage the movie. I guess we just have to remind them that Black Panther didn’t invent the story concept of siblings fighting for the throne or one character as a rightful ruler of a kingdom. I mean, his name is Arthur! It’s clearly a reference to Camelot. A story slightly older than the Black Panther film.
    It is a weak point.

BANNED

We should probably change this thread title since the official name is Worlds of DC now

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    We should probably change this thread title since the official name is Worlds of DC now
    It's not. The DC film universe still has no official name.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1127469

Robert De Niro is currently in talks to join the Joaquin Phoenix Joker film.

Fantastic Member

Good Idea or Bad Idea: What if Warners approached James Gunn to direct a DC property (maybe Suicide Squad)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Good Idea or Bad Idea: What if Warners approached James Gunn to direct a DC property (maybe Suicide Squad)?

He had cosmic ideas beyond GOTG. So how about him working on GLC or LOSH?

DC needs to pick up James Gunn. He's an incredible talent that can help form a section of the DCEU whether its cosmic or whatever. Disney dropping him was a stupid move by them and totally reactionary. This whole situation was politically motivated, there is no way in hell Disney "discovered" the tweets. They were on a public forum and Gunn has apologized for them years ago but it's done now. I want Gunn back at Marvel but I think that ship has sailed. This is a great opportunity for WB/DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    "is this black panther?" Looks like this is going to be a big struggle for the film. In black panthers shadow.

I had a similar thought when Black Panther came out, I think Disney and DC are in a race to be first right now. By first I mean movies about concepts or characters that are similar so when the next one comes out it will be compared to whoever's movie came out first. The two characters have very similar concepts. Rulers of reclusive nations that are leagues ahead of the world through their tech. Yes they are very different characters but the average movie goer is going to compare the two.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I guess it was inevitable that the GA would start thinking some super hero movies just look the same and are rip-offs of others. Shame.
    It is inevitable so that means there will be more pressure on the filmmakers to get these characters right. Sure concepts can be close or share similarities but as long as the characters, set pieces, etc are different and unique I doubt people will complain.

A Kristen Stewart type? Um, no. Let’s leave twilight in the past where it rightfully belongs.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A Kristen Stewart type? Um, no. Let’s leave twilight in the past where it rightfully belongs.
    A Kristin Stewart type doesn't necessarily mean Twilight. She actually is a good actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A Kristin Stewart type doesn't necessarily mean Twilight. She actually is a good actress.
    Now that's a bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Now that's a bold claim.
    See her performances in The Runaways, Catch That Kid, Panic Room and Adventureland.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    See her performances in The Runaways, Catch That Kid, Panic Room and Adventureland.
    Why are Panic Room & Catch That Kid being included, she was 10ish years old at the time.
    Last edited by jump; 07-24-2018 at 05:58 AM.