Page 327 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2272773173233243253263273283293303313373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 28116

Well its a given that until they find a director for the movie they can't go forward with the film putting it on hold

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Probably doesn't help that Cavill's attempt to carry a movie like Man From U.N.C.L.E. failed. Obviously, Superman is a different animal, but I was hoping that movie would help him build up his own fanbase a little

i don't know if there's room for a MoS sequel on the current slate. Cavil would have to basically live in that Superman costume what with the Justice League movies on the horizon. there's a comedy sketch in there somewhere.
    but as Alexander Luthor said Cavill's solo acting career hasn't exactly taken off so maybe sticking with Superman is his best bet. he can continue to make smaller movies on the side but always have Superman to fall back on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Probably doesn't help that Cavill's attempt to carry a movie like Man From U.N.C.L.E. failed. Obviously, Superman is a different animal, but I was hoping that movie would help him build up his own fanbase a little
    That didn't stop Robert Downey Jr. or Hemsworth from getting their own solo movies despite them being involved in box office flops. The Judge and Blackhat will do even worse than Man From UNCLE. Most stars today aren't big box office draws like they used to. Maybe for the exception of Tom Cruise, but he was recently involved in a flop too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i don't know if there's room for a MoS sequel on the current slate. Cavil would have to basically live in that Superman costume what with the Justice League movies on the horizon. there's a comedy sketch in there somewhere.
    but as Alexander Luthor said Cavill's solo acting career hasn't exactly taken off so maybe sticking with Superman is his best bet. he can continue to make smaller movies on the side but always have Superman to fall back on.
    When WB released their slate of movies a while ago, they also hinted that there will be more, because they didn't officially announce solo Batman and Superman movies. They were waiting on those announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Not surprising, Superman actors never really have much of an impressive career outside of that role. Hell look at the movie Hollywoodland (staring Ben Affleck of all people) about George Reeves. The same thing is happening to Spider-man actors, what successes have Andrew Garfield (maybe a little too early to tell but things don't look good) and Toby Maquire had lately? Interestingly Batman actors seem except of this curse.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 08-25-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Not surprising, Superman actors never really have much of an impressive career outside of that role. Hell look at the movie Hollywoodland (staring Ben Affleck of all people) about George Reeves. The same thing is happening to Spider-man actors, what successes have Andrew Garfield (maybe a little too early to tell but things don't look good) and Toby Maquire had lately? Interestingly Batman actors seem except of this curse.
    To be fair, Cavill is the smallest of the problems U.N.C.L.E. has. In fact, his stiff Solo is pretty funny as is Hammer's Kuryaky. Too bad their names are attached to what can be considered a flop, but that has more to do with the choices the director made. Also, an actor's career can't really be measured on box office draw or how many blockbuster hits she/he has under her/his belt. Can't remember who said it but once I heard actors have more failures than successes.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Costume Designer Wilkinson Talks about BvS

http://blog.peopleschoice.com/2015/0...son-interview/

Well, I guess we can be sure that WW is an immortal..unless he's using it just as a word.
    I hope Mr. Wilkinson is being paid very well. I've never seen superheroes in live action films look so regal and majestic in their costumes as much as Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, and Momoa look in theirs. I can't wait to see the rest of the Justice League.

Mighty Member

Margot Robbie Recalls Losing FANTASTIC FOUR Role And 'Joker' Scaring Her On SUICIDE SQUAD

Before Suicide Squad wrapped filming some days ago, Margot Robbie spoke with Daily News about portraying Harley Quinn opposite Jared Leto as the Joker in the highly-anticipated DC adaptation. More interestingly, the Aussie actress revealed that, before nabbing her DC supervillain role, she came to close playing Sue Storm aka the Invisible Woman in the not-so-Fantastic Four reboot.

"I didn't really resonate with the script, and I haven't seen the movie, so I don't really know how it turned out different from the page," said Margot Robbie of Fox's Marvel reboot which flopped both critically and at the box office. "But I had a great meeting with the director (Trank) and I really enjoyed that. I guess it's part of the game: sometime you win some, sometimes you lose some."

Despite losing that superheroine role to Kate Mara, Margot Robbie said she's happy to be entering the comic book movie world with Suicide Squad, and with Jared Leto. "What he's doing with the character is so cool," she said of his "pretty impressive" performance. ""At first it was kind of confronting (to be up close , but now I'm so used to it, I think if I ever saw him out of makeup now I would be really confused. Actually, I saw him out of makeup once and I was actually petrified of him. I was too scared to go up and didn't know who that person was, and when he got back into his makeup I was far more comfortable." She added, "The one common denominator is we're all bad guys, it just makes everything more fun that way. The scenes are more interesting I feel, when you just don't know how the characters are going to react, especially with Harley, who's absolutely nuts… she's either going to kill you or laugh and give you a hug."
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Margot Robbie Recalls Losing FANTASTIC FOUR Role And 'Joker' Scaring Her On SUICIDE SQUAD

Source
    Damn, bullet dodged.

Viola Davis Signed For 3 Movies

How has it been working on “Suicide Squad”?

A. This is my first big superhero movie. I signed on for three, so it needed to be a great experience. This was a role that was just there to be fun. It was a chance to work with Will Smith, you know?
    Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/ar...mitations.html
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Man of Steel 2 said to be on "permanent hold"

Source
    I don't think that's true. It's just DoG reporting now anyways.

Besides, we never got any MOS2 announcement (apart from WB confirming that they will make Batman and Superman solo sequels before 2020). I will take WB's word for it, even if the announcement is a few months old (plans can change).

On a side note, I don't think we 'need' more Superman or Batman films. We have had enough of those in the past, let's focus on other characters (besides, both of them will appear in a lot of the other movies).

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

What do you guys think of Origin films?

Do you think we need to see them in DCEU?

Of course, most of comic nerds wouldn't need to, but what about general audience? I remember what they did with JL cartoon (I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, except for Batman and Superman), but I still enjoyed the show, without having to know the origin of each and every character (they never delved into detailed origin of each character, not even with the core team).

With Snyder and team saying things like "It's a one big story" - I am thinking..what if each movie is a link, as supposed to an origin story. A one big story with 'solo' movies focusing on a single character and his/her mythos, but at the same time, features other prominent heroes.

Sort of like Bats appearing in SS.

Well, they don't need to necessarily show the origins for the rest of the League, even though I'm sure they'll touch on them. But it's not like the origin needs to take up half the movie, and I can't see any harm in it since aside from maybe Flash or GL, the origins of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and even Shazam aren't as well known or iconic as Superman or Batman's.

With Arthur, you could start with him already as King of Atlantis or active as Aquaman, but flashback to or show his time growing up in Amnesty Bay with Arthur Curry and when he learned about his true heritage.

With Diana, it's already looking likely that we'll see flashbacks to her involvement in WWII and they might show what led to her leaving Themyscira.

Barry's origin has already been shown on a TV show, so I could see them glossing over it ala what the new Spider-Man movie is probably going to do. I expect GLC might start with John getting his ring and immediately getting inducted into the Corps.

Astonishing Member

Viola Davis Signed For 3 Movies

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/ar...mitations.html
    Same as Scott Eastwood, I believe.

What do you guys think of Origin films?

Do you think we need to see them in DCEU?

Of course, most of comic nerds wouldn't need to, but what about general audience? I remember what they did with JL cartoon (I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, except for Batman and Superman), but I still enjoyed the show, without having to know the origin of each and every character (they never delved into detailed origin of each character, not even with the core team).

With Snyder and team saying things like "It's a one big story" - I am thinking..what if each movie is a link, as supposed to an origin story. A one big story with 'solo' movies focusing on a single character and his/her mythos, but at the same time, features other prominent heroes.

Sort of like Bats appearing in SS.
    The only character that I believe will be given a true origin film is Shazam. He seems to be the only character outside of the Justice League's first incarnation. The only character that is given a solo film before Justice League is Wonder Woman but I'm not 100% sure what exactly will happen in that film. Either it will be a "past" film or it will take place during the "present." I'm leaning more towards the "present" because of Steve Trevor. I can't see any other main Justice League character in that film though. I could see Barry and Hal in one or the other's film though.