Page 551 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154754854955055155255355455556160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 28116

I think the movie was good
    it just needed some more scenes to connect the plots so all the obvious jump cuts didn't make the film look so haphazard

Regarding the DCEU itself, it is just this weird situation where most people agree the pieces on the board work: cast is great, the universe has been established, everything except for Snyder. I really do think he has to go, he says he loves the comics but I believe he loves one DC comic: The Dark Knight Returns and nothing else.

The movie is going to do big money most likely, but WB shouldn't be lulled into thinking everything is okay when it certainly isn't. They need to stop the rot now, think about the bigger picture if delaying JL by 6 months, means a much better movie and springboard into exploring a greater DC universe on screen then they need to do it. We don't want a Transformers style situation for the DCEU. There are 2 movies in between BvS and JL, if Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman do well (which I really hope they do) it will go a long way to washing away the stench from the critical drubbing BvS has got, but this is pointless if we get the exact same thing in 18 months time with Justice League, worse WB could be risking real long term damage to some of their most iconic brands.

BvS for me is an okay movie, but I don't want my DC movies especially ones with the like of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to be just "okay" I want them to be amazing. Zack Snyder had his shot, and I 'm grateful for the work he has contributed in getting everything off the ground but I believe it is time to hand over the reigns to someone else who will make these characters shine and add some real emotional connection for us as viewers to them. Tone isn't the issue, I don't want a Guardians/Avengers type movie for Justice League, but I do want more heart from these movies. I cared a lot more about the characters in the Nolan movies then I did anyone in BvS.

So yeah Zack needs to be given a pat on the back and shown the door, the script will probably need to be reworked and hopefully WB can find a great character driven director, because these characters we all know and love deserve ALOT more.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

no delay go full steam ahead WB. It's not like Super Hero movies win Oscars anyway
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no delay go full steam ahead WB. It's not like Super Hero movies win Oscars anyway
    Indeed.

They need to get a better editor (and make a story a bit tighter, I guess?).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Indeed.

Uniformity of tone would have added a lot. In my opinion, the tone of the first half of the movie would have suited this movie perfectly if it was kept. Maybe the darker tone wouldn't work for a standalone Superman movie but I'd rather have it that way if it keeps Batman out of a brighter Disney/Marvel-esque world.

Fantastic Member

You think WB should ask Ben to co-direct JL part 1.
    Last edited by blaster86; 03-25-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Indeed.

The weakness of the movie was both the ambition and lack of clarity of the script. To me the DNA of the script still had Goyer's fingerprints all over it.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 03-25-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

Indeed.

Just saw it. I loved it.

I don't get this "editing was crappy" and "scenes were jumping all over the place" complaints. The story was simple and straight forward. I seriously doubt that the general audience was confused by it. You'll only get confused by it if you WANT to be confused.

I saw it twice today...Epic is all I've really got at the moment.

I think it's a shame that people are judging it by what they wanted it to be, rather than what it is. This film was epic, beyond epic, and I can't wait to see it again tomorrow. I'm a massive Superman fan btw...I wasn't livid at all, as some have said Superman fans would be.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Saw the movie. It was... enjoyable, but terribly, terribly flawed.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I saw it twice today...Epic is all I've really got at the moment.

I think it's a shame that people are judging it by what they wanted it to be, rather than what it is. This film was epic, beyond epic, and I can't wait to see it again tomorrow. I'm a massive Superman fan btw...I wasn't livid at all, as some have said Superman fans would be.
    Yep, as a fan of Superman I thought he was done justice. And Epic really is the only word for it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2928314/bat...ion-by-sunday/

BvS made $80.5 million on opening Friday, this includes the $27.7 million from Thursday previews. Projections are for just under $170 million opening weekend. These are quite good numbers which mean BvS will have the highest opening day and weekend for a presummer film, and also for March and Easter.

However I think the negative reviews have had some effect with earlier predictions of $180-200+ if the movie was positively received. A lot will depend on it's legs in the second week but you would think 900 million to 1 billion is very possible. So if WB really do need 800 million to break even it should get to that number quite comfortably. Now whether they will be happy with that or more just relieved remains to be seen, would love to be a fly on the wall in WB offices next couple of weeks, should be very interesting how they react.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Damn 80 million.

4 posts deleted. No spoilers means dont post major spoilers from batman v superman.

Incredible Member

ok. we just saw and me and my friends all liked it. and apparently from what i overheard inside the theater and the food court that we went to, most of the people who saw it with us did too.