Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I just googled the Momoa thing. Stupid but overblown. Unfortunately the "Man of Muhrdurrrrrr" anti-DCEU brigade are gonna eat this up.
    I feel bad for Henry, Gal and the rest. It's unfair that Ben's stupid behavior is gonna cast at least a small pall over the release of this movie.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-12-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Unbelievable. When it was first announced Ben Affleck was going to play the Batman, many people didn't like it and voted against it. Well WB should've listened to those people. I blame most of this on WB. They shouldn't have gave the role to this guy. It's certainly a good thing that Flashpoint is going to happen. Hopefully Flashpoint will make the impact enough to get rid of this creep as if he never existed in the DCEU.
    He's a great Batman and better Bruce Wayne, so I say leave him be.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He joked at some GoT panel from a while ago that he enjoyed raping beautiful women on Game of Thrones. He apologized soon after. It was a dumb attempt at humor, wasn't really a big deal.
    Yeah, it wasn't a (showing my age here) Tex Antoine moment - he was NYC's most popular weatherman 40 years ago until he made a rape joke after a news story about the rape of a child ("With rape so predominant in the news lately, it is well to remember the words of Confucius: 'If rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it.'") What Momoa said was dumb, but not a career killer or, IMO, worth a boycott over.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Disney owns 1/3 mainstream media. They are going to burn the movie down.

Affleck is bothersome and if he's replaced as Batman then good riddance at this point IMO. Now I do think the Affleck situation can have some negative effect on the film but in the end I believe Justice League will still be a hit just will it be as big as the Studio was hoping a few days ago is the question. As for Momoa it was a stupid bad joke he made years ago and apologized back then and I don't think it will effect anything the people getting upset by this are people who probably were never going to see Justice League anyways they were Anti DCEU and jumping on it or professional outragers who would had found something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He joked at some GoT panel from a while ago that he enjoyed raping beautiful women on Game of Thrones. He apologized soon after. It was a dumb attempt at humor, wasn't really a big deal.
    If he was talking about his character in GOT. . . .
    Jeezus! Some of these SJWs need to get a grip!

Are they gonna go after Josh Brolin for beating up Diane Lane years ago?
    Are they gonna boycott Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie who continued to work with Harvey Weinstein even after what he did?

You can't lump every man into the Weinstein box.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

People petty as hell. Always want to dig up info on someone. Ben always had controversy so that's out my hands but Mamoa made one stupid joke now everyone want dig up on him. Samething happened with Gal Gadot when Wonder Woman was about to come out.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Anyway, stuff for the Aquaman movie

Screenshot_2017-10-12-19-24-04.jpg
    IMG_20171012_192353.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Now I do think the Affleck situation can have some negative effect on the film but in the end I believe Justice League will still be a hit just will it be as big as the Studio was hoping a few days ago is the question. As for Momoa it was a stupid bad joke he made years ago and apologized back then and I don't think it will effect anything the people getting upset by this are people who probably were never going to see Justice League anyways they were Anti DCEU and jumping on it or professional outragers who would had found something to complain about.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    The MCU typically gets away with things like this all the time because of it's tone. There's a similar thing where Cap knocks a big ass metal canister hanging over Spider-Man that probably would've squashed him outright if he hadn't caught it which was a total crap shoot if he could do. But because Cap and Spidey are snarking you into an early grave, you don't notice that Cap almost kills Spider-Man.
    Let's not forget that Cap rockets a shield at the heads and bodies of normal people. How man cracked skulls and collapsed organs is he responsible for. Heck, I think he even decapitated a guy in Winter Soldier.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Mamoa's comment was stupid, but given the context of who his character was, it's not a big deal. Especially as it's just a joke (albeit one in poor taste, but I'm not gonna pretend I don't have a crude sense of humor when I'm with my buddies either).

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    He made a stupid joke about rape in a GOT panel at some con. In 2011. He apologized right after that, but someone dig up a video of the panel and now some people are acting self-righteous and campaigning for a boycott against "Justice League".
    The Affleck stuff is entirely due to his connection to Weinstein and not keeping his mouth shut on Twitter about it, revealing some hypocrisy on his part. The fact that JL is around the corner is a really unfortunate coincidence because the universe just doesn't seem to want this damn thing to be released with no problems, but it is what it is.

Mamoa getting dragged into things is a bit suspect though, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Are they gonna go after Josh Brolin for beating up Diane Lane years ago?
    I forgot about this, and he's over at Marvel.

I think that might actually be worse than what Affleck has been accused of (thus far).
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-12-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I forgot about this, and he's over at Marvel.

I think that might actually be worse than what Affleck has been accused of (thus far).
    I would say beating up a woman fairly easily trumps groping.

BANNED

Its never funny to trivialize or joke about the topic of rape. Especially since so many lives are destroyed over such a heinous action. Rape should never be joked about, period.

Affleck should have kept his hypocritical mouth shut; whatever prompted him to speak indicates that there was more going on behind the scenes. Its a pity he is the best batman I have ever seen because now it seems inevitable that he will at some point get recasted as the dark knight. For the JLA movie, in my opinion, it is really too late to recast him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    He made a stupid joke about rape in a GOT panel at some con. In 2011. He apologized right after that, but someone dig up a video of the panel and now some people are acting self-righteous and campaigning for a boycott against "Justice League".
    You'll notice that no one is talking about the stuff he did on the GoT set to put his co-stars at ease, either.

Apparently during the sex scenes he filmed with.....crap, the chick who plays Daenaris (spelling?) she was really uncomfortable with the whole thing (understandable) so Mamoa came out wearing a sock on his.....method acting. Made everyone laugh and made filming the scenes easier for all involved.

He seems like a good guy. Who gives a damn if he made a bad joke?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Its never funny to trivialize or joke about the topic of rape. Especially since so many lives are destroyed over such a heinous action. Rape should never be joked about, period.

Affleck should have kept his hypocritical mouth shut; whatever prompted him to speak indicates that there was more going on behind the scenes. Its a pity he is the best batman I have ever seen because now it seems inevitable that he will at some point get recasted as the dark knight. For the JLA movie, in my opinion, it is really too late to recast him.
    Well yeah they're a month away from release of course it's too late to recast for Justice League. No matter how much they could potentially lose of this it would never be as much as scrapping the whole movie. Momoa made a bad stupid joke and he apologized then and I disagree about joking about rape simply because I believe anything can be joked about it's context. We make jokes all the time of Killers, Rapist, and Molesters getting raped in prison it gets a laugh because of context of the person being a scumbag getting their comeuppance.