Page 1824 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 824132417241774181418201821182218231824182518261827182818341874 ... LastLast
Results 27,346 to 27,360 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see the point of there being a "real" Doomsday when they've already done the Death of Superman and had Lex do the name-drop.
    This right here is my main problem. Who the hell cares that the “real” Doomsday is out there? The hell is he going to do, kill Superman again? It’s completely meaningless, because Doomsday only has one good story. He has no other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    This right here is my main problem. Who the hell cares that the “real” Doomsday is out there? The hell is he going to do, kill Superman again? It’s completely meaningless, because Doomsday only has one good story. He has no other purpose.
    They could also loosely adapt Doomed, with a real Doomsday. It is a good story with him, after all.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I agree with this. The only time I can see him resurfacing is as a cool plot-point that invokes an immediate sense of fear, either during a big hero vs. villain team battle or Kandor storyline, but which also reinforces that Superman isn't alone and can overcome monsters like Doomsday with the right help (either the Justice League or a bunch of newly powered, if overzealous, Kryptonians)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I agree with this. The only time I can see him resurfacing is as a cool plot-point that invokes an immediate sense of fear, either during a big hero vs. villain team battle or Kandor storyline, but which also reinforces that Superman isn't alone and can overcome monsters like Doomsday with the right help (either the Justice League or a bunch of newly powered, if overzealous, Kryptonians)
    Yeah, the only point I can see to Doomsday now is as a big physical threat that requires the entire Justice League to beat (which would be a good way to make up for the Steppenwolf fight).

Which would be a nice contrast from the Doomsday fight in Death of Superman .

Fantastic Member

just saw that Aquaman is opening on the same weekend as Bumblebee. Doesn't that seem like a terrible idea?

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    just saw that Aquaman is opening on the same weekend as Bumblebee. Doesn't that seem like a terrible idea?
    Also Alita: Battle Angel and Holmes and Watson starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly so it's a packed weekend. Also Mortal Engines and Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse open the weekend before and Mary Poppins the weekend after so it's a packed season which even being amazing it could have struggling issues due to all the films competing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also Alita: Battle Angel and Holmes and Watson starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly so it's a packed weekend. Also Mortal Engines and Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse open the weekend before and Mary Poppins the weekend after so it's a packed season which even being amazing it could have struggling issues due to all the films competing with it.
    So there’s a really good chance tha Aquaman isn’t going to do great at the box office even if it’s loved by critics and fans. I wonder how WB will react if it ends up losing money. They have such knee jerk reactions to these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So there’s a really good chance tha Aquaman isn’t going to do great at the box office even if it’s loved by critics and fans. I wonder how WB will react if it ends up losing money. They have such knee jerk reactions to these movies.
    JMO even if great which so far all imagery looks good it's going to be a photo finish who wins that weekend box office Aquaman or Bumblebee but with Alita: Battle Angel, Holmes and Watson, Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse, and Mortal Engines all in theaters too it's going to be a struggle for Aquaman or Bumblebee to pull in really high numbers even with winning the number one spot and Mary Poppins will take the number one spot the following weekend and rarely does a film ever get back to the number one spot after losing it so IMO it would be smarter to had released Aquaman in January I know January gets a bad rep but if I was WB I wouldn't care since the potential for profit is higher Hellboy comes out January 11 so I'd release Aquaman January 18th take the number one spot from Hellboy and there are no franchise major releases till February 8th with Lego Movie 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    probably not for the U.S. box office, but internationally.........yes

I don't know why people rush to see transformers movies you might get some cool CGI fights but at this point the story is so blah and the human characters are only good for comic relief if that
    The J-man

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    probably not for the U.S. box office, but internationally.........yes

I don't know why people rush to see transformers movies you might get some cool CGI fights but at this point the story is so blah and the human characters are only good for comic relief if that
    Not sure why people still see the Transformers movies, but im pretty sure it's not for the stories or characters

Well this one was made by the guy who did kubo and the two strings and that was a good movie so there's hope but no bay this time around.

Astonishing Member

JMO even if great which so far all imagery looks good it's going to be a photo finish who wins that weekend box office Aquaman or Bumblebee but with Alita: Battle Angel, Holmes and Watson, Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse, and Mortal Engines all in theaters too it's going to be a struggle for Aquaman or Bumblebee to pull in really high numbers even with winning the number one spot and Mary Poppins will take the number one spot the following weekend and rarely does a film ever get back to the number one spot after losing it so IMO it would be smarter to had released Aquaman in January I know January gets a bad rep but if I was WB I wouldn't care since the potential for profit is higher Hellboy comes out January 11 so I'd release Aquaman January 18th take the number one spot from Hellboy and there are no franchise major releases till February 8th with Lego Movie 2.
    I wonder if any of those movies you listed will clear 300M domestic. Lots of competition but is there any movie that will dominate the Christmas box office? The last three had Star Wars but it seems so uninspired this year. Who will be top dog in the winter? And will it be impressive or so-so?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well this one was made by the guy who did kubo and the two strings and that was a good movie so there's hope but no bay this time around.
    Damage is done. I liked the first film. The second had its moments I try to cut it some slack because of the writer strike but they should have cut the insensitive robot twins. 3 was okay I guess for Michael Bay standards but no Megan Fox was weird story wise. After that it’s just randomness. The brands to synonymous with Michael Bay I and the crappy films. Even if Christopher Nolan or Lucas or Ryan Coogler directed I wouldn’t go see it. We’ve literally had 6 or 7 of these films with the same basic premis.
    The J-man

After the last TF film under-performed I think it will take a lot of good promotion and word of mouth to guarantee Bumblebee as a success.

But it's also not the only movie Aquaman will be competing against.

WB won’t move Aquaman to 2019 for the same reason they didn’t push back Justice League. The box office will increase their total for the year and allow them to either get a raise or justify their current position.
    The box office from winter 2017 put WB over the $5 billion mark in world wide gross. Justice League underperformed but it still helped them reach the milestone. Which I’m sure made the execs very happy.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-25-2018 at 08:18 PM.