Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb DC Extended Universe (POST NO SPOILERS HERE!)

Hey Guys,

So, let's talk about DCEU, shall we?

DC Extended Universe Slate

RELEASED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice[March 2016]

Director: Zack Snyder
    Writers: Chris Terrio & David Goyer

Suicide Squad[August 2016]

Director: David Ayer
    Writers: David Ayer & John Ostrander

Wonder Woman[June 2017]
    Director: Patty Jenkins

Justice League[November 2017]

Director: Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon
    Screenplay: Chris Terrio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMING SOON

Aquaman[2018]

Director: James Wan
    Writer: Will Beall

Shazam[2019]
    Director: David F. Sanberg
    Writer: Darren Lenke

Wonder Woman 2[2019]

Batgirl

Green Lantern Corps

Batman
    Director: Matt Reeves
    Writer: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns

Vertigo/New Line Universe Slate

Sandman
    Last edited by Triple J; 06-11-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: updates..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Hey Guys,

So, let's talk about DCU, shall we?

What we know so far:

SvB or BvS or MOS2 coming out in 2016
    SvB - Superman, Batman, WW, Cyborg (cameo), Lex Luthor, Alfred, and a lot of other characters (Holly Hunter, Callan Mulley and Tao Okamoto - characters not confirmed).
    JL movie announced, most likely in 2017 or '18.
    9 other films in development - Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, and Fables
    Lot of TV shows - Flash, Gotham, Constantine, Preacher, iZombie and a lot others!

Rumors/Reports:

More films announcements @ SDCC 2014

Questions:

Do you think DC should just focus on TV shows? (They are doing great with Arrow)

Do you want DC to connect everything (like another studio we know)...by everything, I mean movies and tv shows.

Or

Would you prefer DC's approach on encouraging different (and maybe even contradictory) Universes?

As much as I like an interconnected Universe, I think I might like the idea of different universes even better. Sure, it may seem like that it would confuse the general audience, but as long as they have different tones, they will be fine.

Plus, trying to connect everything is even more work to the writers and creative teams behind these shows and movies (Let them focus their attention to writing solid stories, instead of worrying about continuity).

And, I would love love to see the contradictory takes on different characters: Shazam for instance.

We could have a more realistic Shazam (or Cap. Marvel) in MOS universe, while a fun, light and more 'magical' Shazam in another Universe?

Who all (Heroes and Villains) do you want to see in JL movies?

Apart from WW, which DC heroes deserve a movie the most, and how would you like them to develop it? Would you want a realistic (and maybe darker) take? Or try to keep the more fantastical elements of each character?
    If they are going to do the alternate universe, they should have an Earth 2/JSA movie. I personally want a Titans movie about the original five Titans but that will never happen because of the Nu52.

I love Arrow but I highly doubt they will be connected, DC struck gold with Arrow and they haven't been able to do that with anything since Young Justice was still on air.
    DC should keep expanding their Arrowverse with characters that DC wouldn't use for their own movies.

Characters I want would be the Bat-Family mainly Dick Grayson (rocking the blue costume like he should), I want Tim as Robin and I want him to be likable again unlike his Nu52 counterpart. I would like the main Justice league team to be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.( Though its going to be Cyborg instead) It would be cool if DC had two different Leagues like the normal JL and JLA. Though I don't want the same roster as JLA. If the JLA could get their own movie I would want Green Arrow, Star Girl, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner, Black Canary, Booster Gold, and Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If they are going to do the alternate universe, they should have an Earth 2/JSA movie. I personally want a Titans movie about the original five Titans but that will never happen because of the Nu52.

I love Arrow but I highly doubt they will be connected, DC struck gold with Arrow and they haven't been able to do that with anything since Young Justice was still on air.
    DC should keep expanding their Arrowverse with characters that DC wouldn't use for their own movies.

Characters I want would be the Bat-Family mainly Dick Grayson (rocking the blue costume like he should), I want Tim as Robin and I want him to be likable again unlike his Nu52 counterpart. I would like the main Justice league team to be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.( Though its going to be Cyborg instead) It would be cool if DC had two different Leagues like the normal JL and JLA. Though I don't want the same roster as JLA. If the JLA could get their own movie I would want Green Arrow, Star Girl, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner, Black Canary, Booster Gold, and Blue Beetle.
    They could still do a Teen titans movie (Tim Drake and all...would be weird to have the 'original team titans' in a movie without Cyborg).

JSA is possible (You mean the classic, or new 52 JSA?). I do like the new 52 JSA (apart from them focusing on New Batman and Superman..but that's going to change with the weekly series; the monthly series is going to focus on the other members, like it was earlier).

Classic is awesome too....fun and lighter elements for Earth 2

I agree with you on that...I am glad that they decided to develop it and spinoff a Flash series (we might even get some other tv shows spinning off of Flash, if it ends up being a good show).

Yeah, they could introduce NW and Robin in a Batman (prequel?), after the first JL movie.

Love that..just like in New 52, except for a few team changes.

JL forms up...but at the same time, Waller forms her own team - JLA (with MM being the leader ).

They could still do a Teen titans movie (Tim Drake and all...would be weird to have the 'original team titans' in a movie without Cyborg).

JSA is possible (You mean the classic, or new 52 JSA?). I do like the new 52 JSA (apart from them focusing on New Batman and Superman..but that's going to change with the weekly series; the monthly series is going to focus on the other members, like it was earlier).

Classic is awesome too....fun and lighter elements for Earth 2

I agree with you on that...I am glad that they decided to develop it and spinoff a Flash series (we might even get some other tv shows spinning off of Flash, if it ends up being a good show).

Yeah, they could introduce NW and Robin in a Batman (prequel?), after the first JL movie.

Love that..just like in New 52, except for a few team changes.

JL forms up...but at the same time, Waller forms her own team - JLA (with MM being the leader ).
    When I said Earth 2/JSA it means the Nu52 version. Cyborg was never an original Titan. When I say original I mean Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Wally West, Garth, and Roy Harper. I never liked Geoff Johns Titans which is mainly Tim and his generation. Also the Nu52 Titans book is hands down worst series I have ever read.

I would like NW to have his own movie since he is my favorite character. I dont want Cyborg as a founding member of JL, but if they wanted him to be a leaguer they could just have him be on the JLA instead.

I liked that the JLA was a government team but I don't like that it was mainly controlled by Waller it felt to Suicide Squad to me. Though I do want a Suicide Squad movie, DC has been pushing them out more and more into mainstream. Plus I think they actually have script for it.

Lets make this a thread about positivity!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

When I said Earth 2/JSA it means the Nu52 version. Cyborg was never an original Titan. When I say original I mean Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Wally West, Garth, and Roy Harper. I never liked Geoff Johns Titans which is mainly Tim and his generation. Also the Nu52 Titans book is hands down worst series I have ever read.

I would like NW to have his own movie since he is my favorite character. I dont want Cyborg as a founding member of JL, but if they wanted him to be a leaguer they could just have him be on the JLA instead.

I liked that the JLA was a government team but I don't like that it was mainly controlled by Waller it felt to Suicide Squad to me. Though I do want a Suicide Squad movie, DC has been pushing them out more and more into mainstream. Plus I think they actually have script for it.

Still, at least in the mind of us older readers, Cyborg is synonim of the Titans more than any other character. A Justice League, at least at first, should comprise of the magnificent seven.

Wasn't there rumours of a Suicide Squad spin off from Arrow?

And I can see Pinsir has found a new spirituality with this reboot we just had...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yes ......

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Right on

Ah, okay.

Yeah...that and Worlds' Finest.

Hopefully the relaunch will be better

Yeah, it does feel weird to have Cyborg on the main team, but I think they are going to go with it; mirror the new 52 line up.

Don't forget Steve...Waller and Trevor.

Yeah...TV shows, video game and now animated feature. I have heard that...that and rumors about JLD movie (Del Toro did say that he was working on one...haven't heard anything recently).

Cyborg is not one of the original Teen Titans.

Sandy Hausler

Constantine Trailer

Alternate link if the video is blocked in your country.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Cyborg is not one of the original Teen Titans.

Sandy Hausler
    In my book, he is.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damos40 View Post
    In my book, he is.
    But that's not reality...

I'm sorry if someone has said this since I haven't read all the pages, but as for the lack of films in the DCCU at the moment as well as little news I think people tend to forget it was the same with Marvel. Right now we are 1 year into the DCCU with 1 movies and a Man of Steel 2 sequel announced with a release date and a Justice League movies in the works. We will be getting the next film in 2 more years. 1 year into the MCU we had 2 films, but if you take out that Tony Start scene then Incredible Hulk does not feel like an MCU film at all since it had so many of the normal elements taken out. So not counting Incredible Hulk 1 year into the MCU we had only 1 film and only really knew about Iron Man for sure. We had 2 wait 2 years for Iron Man 2 while we have to wait 3 years of Man of Steel 2. So I don't think DC in really behind in terms of having only 1 movie out at the moment and waiting until 2016 for Man of Steel 2 even though I was really hoping for the 2015 release date lol.

As for the dark and gritty tone I really light it. My favorite DC stories were always the darker ones so I love the new 52 and loved the tone of Man of Steel. I don't mind if some of the other heroes movies are toned down a bit just as long as it isn't too much. For the Flash movie I have always kind of pictured it being like how the Minute Men were viewed in Under the Hood in Watchmen. Hollis talks about how when costumed criminals showed up to commit crimes people loved it when the minute men showed up and it was a big spectacle. However when they showed up to stop normal criminals people would make fun of them and tell them to let the police deal with it. I picture with the Flash movie people loving it when the Flash shows up to stop the rogues, but then when he shows up to stop the average criminal people hate him. To me that could be a good mix of a dark and light toned superhero movie. Make it feel more lighter like a Marvel movie when he is dealing with the Rogues and everyone loves him then bring it down to the Man of Steel darkness when people are hating on him for showing up at a burglary by normal criminals.

I posted this in the Batman vs Superman thread on the Superman board earlier, but it's probably more appropriate here. Apologies to mods if I broke a rule. Anyway, my DC Cinematic Universe:

If WB/DC want to get Darkseid on the big screen without the general audience thinking it's a copy of Marvel (I know it's the other way around, but non-readers don't know that), then they almost have to use him in JL. And really, Johns' first arc was more or less a movie script anyway. A few tweaks & it would work.

As for topping him in JL 2, I say go for the Crime Syndicate. After fighting the evil outside the gates in JL 1, it makes perfect sense to fight the evil "within". Or, in this case, exact mirror images. I'd change it up so that Superwoman is an evil WW instead of Lois Lane, and Owlman is Bruce & not Thomas Jr. Sort of like in "Justice Lords". And you have the actors play dual parts.

I'd save Brainiac for a Superman solo.

I'd tie it all in with hints in the solo movies forshadowing the Syndicate coming in JL 2, and then the solo's in "phase 3" would foreshadow Darkseid's return for an adaptation of Final Crisis in JL 3.

They've said 9 films after JL, right? to hell with Sandman & others, I'd love to see something similar to this:

Phase One

• Man of Steel: complete

• Man of Steel 2 (Bats vs Supes): on the way

• Justice League: Darkseid invades. Adapt JL: Origin by Johns.

Phase Two

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman. This would be where we would see, in flashback, her time on Paradise Island. I'd go full on "Clash of the Titans" with it. Mythological creatures, Hades, Zeuss, you name it. Show her as a badass warrior. Guest-starring Bruce Wayne at some point, helping her set up a civilian I.D.

• Man of Steel 3: Doomsday crashlands on Earth, and Superman with no idea who sent him. Guest-star Wonder Woman. Superman dies at the midpoint. Funeral happens, mourning period. End on a Cliffhanger: Superman appears, suddenly alive (but it's actually Ultraman in a Superman suit. Some people hail him as the "second coming".

• Justice League Confidential: The Flash. Guest-starring Green Lantern (Hal or Jon, no difference here) and Cyborg. A CSI drama with superheroes. News reports on "Superman activities".

• Batman. Guest star Wonder Woman & "Superman". WW has doubts about "Superman", Batman investigates while also dealing with Gotham. Ends with "Superman" revealed as Ultraman & the arrival of the Crime Syndicate.

• Justice League 2. Batman, WW, Flash, Cyborg & Green Lantern vs the Syndicate. When all seems lost, Superman returns to save the day. His resurrection made possible by the codex hidden in his cells. Jor El's final gift.

Phase 3

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman 2. While still adapting to "mans world", Paradise Island is attacked by Circe & the Female Furies from Apokolips.

• Batman 2: Batman does Batmanny stuff. Investigates the Dark Side Club in Gotham City. Perhaps a gang war between the Dark Side Club & Penguins Iceberg Lounge.

• Justice League Confidential: Guardians of Oa. The Green Lantern Corps, led by Hal & Jon, vs Sinestro. Guest-starring Superman in a cameo. The universe is at war: Apokolips & New Genesis have fallen, and everyone wants a piece of control. You could really throw in the cosmic characters here. Lobo, Thanagar, Mongul, etc. The Guardians warn that this is only the beginning.

• Justice League Confidential: Injustice League. A villain-centric film. Luthor amasses the Injustice League. Every villain you can toss in there, with adequate screen time for the big players. Could intro Black Adam. They fight each other at first, naturally, with Luthor striking a bargain and forming a league. Libra appears.

• Justice League 3: Final Crisis adaptation. No monitors, no Mandrak. Time begins to break down. Injustice League is forced to side with Libra. Cyborg is destroyed, instead of killing Martian Manhunter. Batman captured. Granny goes to Oa. Superman taken by a mysterious figure to the future (instead of by a monitor into the bleed) to see a machine that can save the timestream. Since Michael Irons is a badass, let it be Alfred that Darkseid incarnates into. batman shoots DS, Batman is killed (for real). Superman returns from the future to battle Darkseid. At the end, he makes his wish, Earth is saved. In the epqilogue, we find out the strange hooded man from the future was Superman himself, older.

Epilogue Phase

• Justice League Confidential: Crisis Aftermath. The World rebuilds. The heroes mourn Batman and Cyborg. Wonder Woman contemplates her mission, now that the God of Evil is destroyed. Clark Kent asks Lois to marry him. Nightwing becomes the new Batman. Wonder Woman returns to Paradise Island. The Amazons fade from our plane, ala Infinite Crisis, taking WW with it. Flash fights some rogues. GL returns to Oa.

• Man of Steel 4. Lois & Clark marry. Brainiac arrives. It's revealed that Brainiac was the one who sent Doomsday to kill the Kryptonian. Your general Superman vs Brainiac story. At the end, Superman narrates as we see the world, through montage, turn into a futuristic utopia. During the montage, we see Superman build the machine that he will later show his younger self. Here we'd get the ending of Millar's (or was it Waid?) planned story...as the sun goes red, and the Earth slowly dies, we see that Superman is the last being on this barren rock. His powers almost gone. He looks to the sun, smiling, as he says "It's been a good life. To be continued..." As the sun goes nova, the Earth & Superman are destroyed, their remains & atoms spread across the stars. An after credits scene reveals that millenia later, a piece of Kal's skull survived, and passes through a wormhole, and lands on ancient Krypton....

The End.

Ok, that would be 12 after JL. But I'd still love to see something like that.