Unbelievable. When it was first announced Ben Affleck was going to play the Batman, many people didn't like it and voted against it. Well WB should've listened to those people. I blame most of this on WB. They shouldn't have gave the role to this guy. It's certainly a good thing that Flashpoint is going to happen. Hopefully Flashpoint will make the impact enough to get rid of this creep as if he never existed in the DCEU.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Unbelievable. When it was first announced Ben Affleck was going to play the Batman, many people didn't like it and voted against it. Well WB should've listened to those people.
    Those people's reasoning was actually wrong, since he turned out to be a fine Batman and Bruce. If they were ripping Afleck for his personal foibles, then that would be a different story.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Those people's reasoning was actually wrong, since he turned out to be a fine Batman and Bruce. If they were ripping Afleck for his personal foibles, then that would be a different story.
    Although I don't care much for Ben Affleck as Batman, I don't think he's a terrible one. I agree their reasoning is wrong, if it's more about the fitted role, than his personal mistakes of course. But either way this looks really bad and could possibly hurt the JL movie and other upcoming ones.

I actually had no idea that Ben Affleck did those things in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Although I don't care much for Ben Affleck as Batman, I don't think he's a terrible one. I agree their reasoning is wrong, if it's more about the fitted role, than his personal mistakes of course. But either way this looks really bad and could possibly hurt the JL movie and other upcoming ones.

I actually had no idea that Ben Affleck did those things in the past.
    Unfortunately, I'm cynical enough to think none of them are above it, since we really don't know any of them in real life.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Affleck always had the potential to be a PR nightmare, though at the time he was first cast it wouldn't have been easy to foresee the risk. Granted it was a controversial decision and the backlash he received from the more overzealous internet crowd was appalling, but it was such an out of left field choice and he was on a career high at the time, that I can see why the risk was appealing. But in light of the divorce, cheating allegations, personal addiction problems* and now this, it's cast a whole cloud over the Batman stuff and the DCEU in general. It's for the best for the property, and the man himself, to distance himself from the spotlight.

*This stuff was just unfortunate and not really something that would be any of our business if our culture wasn't as media obsessed as it is, but it still had a negative impact on the DCEU. These latest allegations, if there is much truth to them, are on him though. Focusing only on the DCEU side (because the alleged victims should receive the most consideration otherwise), this is really unfair to Cavill, Gadot, Whedon, Snyder and the rest for the hard work they put into the film because of the possibility of this crap overshadowing it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

*Double post

With all this crap we've been hearing lately, I certainly hope no scumbag studio executive ever tried to put their hands on Gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    With all this crap we've been hearing lately, I certainly hope no scumbag studio executive ever tried to put their hands on Gal.
    Gal's an ex soldier I hope if any ever tried she broke their arm.

First Affleck and now Jason Momoa. But, of course, we must believe that the timing of these controversies is purely "coincidental". YEAH, RIGHT! Don't be surprised if they restart that "Gal Gadot is a zionist murderer" crap again or dig up some stupid thing that Ezra and Ray said or did years ago.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    First Affleck and now Jason Momoa. But, of course, we must believe that the timing of these controversies is purely "coincidental". YEAH, RIGHT! Don't be surprised if they restart that "Gal Gadot is a zionist murderer" crap again or dig up some stupid thing that Ezra and Ray said or did years ago.
    What's this about Momoa????
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gal's an ex soldier I hope if any ever tried she broke their arm.
    Guess I should've added "for their sake". But you get the point, who the hell do these freaks think they are? Is this the type of person anyone can turn into if they become successful? How can anyone claim to support women's rights and participate in all these humanitarian causes for decades, all the while doing **** like this? Obviously it should come as no surprise given the industry's history, but still boggles my mind how anyone like that can look at themselves in the mirror every day.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    He joked at some GoT panel from a while ago that he enjoyed raping beautiful women on Game of Thrones. He apologized soon after. It was a dumb attempt at humor, wasn't really a big deal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-12-2017 at 04:06 PM.

It was a stupid rape joke about his role on GoT.

He made a stupid joke about rape in a GOT panel at some con. In 2011. He apologized right after that, but someone dig up a video of the panel and now some people are acting self-righteous and campaigning for a boycott against "Justice League".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Somebody is worried about Justice League doing very well, it would appear.