Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    TThe worst part of all this is that people thay was going with an open mind , now maybe will go with a bad expectation just because some guy on internet tha isn ot even a DC fan say its bad, for the same reasons he praised every marvel movie
    Oh please. Ppl don't want to waste 25 bucks on a ticket plus food. They ignored the critics for BvS and SS and considering the steep drops, many were disapppointed.

I call bull on the paying off critics. Marvel makes films that are usually like Wonder woman. They're fun, easy to follow and fairly basic and generic so there isn't much to hate.

BvS generally according to both critics and audiences was a boring soulless film with almost no action. SS was also generally seen as a flaming hot pile of garbage.
    Last edited by Troian; 11-15-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They cut Man Of Steel and Dawn Of Justice to bits for the theatric release, and crowds were not pleased. And I don't think I'll be watching it until they release the entire movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Meh. Theatrical Man of Steel still felt overlong and I thought the theatrical version of BvS was fine (or rather that the "ultimate cut" did not do all that much for its shortcomings). Anyway, Justice League is claimed to be more of an entertainer and something general audiences will lap up. Now let's see if that really happens.
    I thought Man of Steel theatrical version was the only version?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    BvS generally according to both critics and audiences was a boring soulless film with almost no action. SS was also generally as a flaming hot pile of garbage.
    Both films were divisive, but not universally panned by audiences.

part of me thinks that The Dark Knight was lucky to come before the MCU stablished this supossed gold standard of what a CMB should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    but everyine hates the Snyder films with passion. Is not an opinion, is a fact . Too bad of you to have an individual opinion of them.

Yeah, im being sarcastic

Look, I think it's complicated trying to separate someone's tastes from objective critiques of movies, and that's particularly true of comic book movies.

Like, there are probably valid criticisms to be had of DC movies, but I think also to some degree the fact that the tone and style of the earlier DCEU movies weren't what people were expecting had a negative impact on their reception even if what they were going for shouldn't inherently be bad just for being different.

But, as has been pointed out, "different" comic book movies can be well-received by critics, as cited with Logan or even the Nolan Trilogy. So maybe it does all fall into a failure on a production level for the DC films.

Of course I also think there might be some truth to the idea that Marvel movies, with their irreverent and light tone, makes critics go easier on them then they would other comic books movies. But again, they are also generally solidly-crafted films as well even if they generally don't try and be more then that.

I think it's to Wonder Woman's credit that it was probably the most balanced DCU movie (or comic book movie) and didn't have the production or tone issues the other films have had. Which is probably why it is still the best received DCEU film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except no one here expected JL to receive a 92% on RT, we all were expected this film to be the most poorly reviewed CBM of the year.
    Well, I wouldn't say expecting so much dreading as the worst possible outcome of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Oh please. Ppl don't want to waste 25 bucks on a ticket plus food. They igneoed the critics for BvS and SS and considering the steep drops, many were disapppointed.

I call bull on the paying off critics. Marvel makes films that are usually like Wonder woman. They're
    Fun, easy to follow and fairly basic and generic so there isn't much to hate.
    Wow, another 'truth teller' coming in repeating the 'paying off critics' line as if it were a legitimate thing and you wonder why people aren't receptive to your gospel?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Okay got me there but lets not ignore the fact that many people did find BvS boring/all over the place and word of mouth was toxic for that film.

SS while yes people did seem to enjoy it more than BvS, there were common criticisms that I heard and saw from both critics and some general audiences. And the common opinion appears to be that it wasn't as good as the trailers made it seem.

I don't know whether to trust this site, but apparently the score was accidentally leaked and it stands at 50%.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/jus...y-been-leaked/

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Haven't read any full reviews (just the snippets that've been posted here), and, if the movie is substantially over-edited, which appears to be a common consensus, then I hope we get multiple cuts on the home release: I'd really like to see a Snyder cut, just to see how different it was than the Whedon-altered version.

I'm still excited to see the movie, and I think the movie will do a very good opening weekend: whether or not it has legs will depend on the audience reaction to it, and not its critical reception.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Haven't read any full reviews (just the snippets that've been posted here), and, if the movie is substantially over-edited, which appears to be a common consensus, then I hope we get multiple cuts on the home release: I'd really like to see a Snyder cut, just to see how different it was than the Whedon-altered version.

I'm still excited to see the movie, and I think the movie will do a very good opening weekend: whether or not it has legs will depend on the audience reaction to it, and not its critical reception.
    Yeah word of mouth will carry it.

BANNED

Moving forward I hope there is
    No Zack Snyder
    No Ben Affleck
    Batman films by Reeves exist in their own continuity and same goes for Bat family films
    Really all films just take place in their own worlds
    No JL for a while
    Flashpoint the hell out of this mess

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    No Zack Snyder
    No Ben Affleck
    Batman films by Reeves exist in their own continuity and same goes for Bat family films
    No JL for a while
    Moving forward is going back to 2012?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    No Zack Snyder
    No Ben Affleck
    No JL for a while
    Moving forward I hope nearly none of this is true.

Spectacular Member

Moving forward I hope nearly none of this is true.
    Seconded..I honestly hope Affleck comes out with a statement (again) confirming his commitment to the series or is it true he genuinely wants out, Anyone know?