X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Very, very disappointing that the "bonus scenes" do not appear to be edited into the film itself. That promo they released is obviously vague, but will give many people the wrong impression that this film is extended when it appears now not to be (although the press release keeps mentioning "theatrical version", as if it weren't the only one, so...yeah).

Still, tho, I look forward to making my own edit of the film.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the previously-unreleased scenes, but I'm also extremely disappointed that (thus far) there doesn't seen to be an alternate cut.

As for the language in the press release stressing the theatrical cut, I think that's fairly standard language. I looked up the press release of the home release of Man of Steel, and it used the same language:
    https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/ne...mbo-pack-dvd-2

Still hoping for an extended cut, though!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the previously-unreleased scenes, but I'm also extremely disappointed that (thus far) there doesn't seen to be an alternate cut.

As for the language in the press release stressing the theatrical cut, I think that's fairly standard language. I looked up the press release of the home release of Man of Steel, and it used the same language:
    https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/ne...mbo-pack-dvd-2

Still hoping for an extended cut, though!
    I think the new ad (with the tease of "bonus scenes" at the end) is extremely misleading. How many people will see that & think it means "extended cut"? Pretty cheap way to get sales.

Here's the back of the disc packaging:

B93BE13E-3E66-4458-B32B-BB3BDD6DDD1F.jpg
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Suicide Squad 2 happening sooner than expected? Not sure if this qualifies as a spoiler, but I'll tag it just in case.

spoilers:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeHAk-aHWGY/

Flag, Boomerang, and El Diablo are working out together & getting in shape, per Kinnaman's instagram. I didn't expect the actors to get together until at least Spring, if the rumored Fall production start is true. Maybe the film is closer to shooting than we thought.

Hernandez back as Diablo is interesting too, considering his fate in SS. I know the character has come back from death in the comics, but still cool to see here.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 01-19-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member

It's not a spoiler at all. Actors posting pictures of their training for a movie on their public social media where thousands can view it are never spoilers. Sure, that reveals an actor may be coming back but really it's not all that much a deal-breaker.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-20-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It's not a spoiler at all. Actors posting pictures of their training for a movie on their public social media where thousands can view it are never spoilers. Sure, that reveals an actor may be coming back but really it's not all that much a deal-breaker.
    Trying to err on the side of caution...a lot of people enjoy complete media blackouts for movies, so I didn't want to be the one to ruin it lol

Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/01...the-narrative/

So, if this source is reliable and right, I could see the slate's release order looking like this:

2019 - Shazam, Suicide Squad 2, Wonder Woman 2
    2020 - Flashpoint, Man of Steel 2, Nightwing
    2021 - Batman

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Good to hear. There are other forms of comedy out there and all the "quippy" ones are starting to feel the same.

Also quite classy of Sandberg to specifically state that he's not digging at Marvel. No sense in stirring up needless hostility. Just say that your comedic movie will have a different feel than other comedic superhero movies and that's all that really needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post

So, if this source is reliable and right, I could see the slate's release order looking like this:

2021 - Batman
    If this is true, that's a very strong slate for the next couple years. Well, I mean, there's some concern about Flashpoint and SS 2, but the others have all the potential in the world to be really strong if they're handled well.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

2021 - Batman
    That would be a very strong lineup. Don’t known how much I believe any of these scoops but I’m still hoping for MoS 2. They kind of had a decent Superman in Justice League. Confident but not arrogant. I would love to see Cavill get one more chance. Just give him a better director and some good material to work with.

I really want to see an adaptation of The Supergirl from Krypton arc. A good way to introduce Supergirl and Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really want to see an adaptation of The Supergirl from Krypton arc. A good way to introduce Supergirl and Darkseid.
    Would love it if the Apokoliptan generals: Granny and the Furies, DeSaad and Kalibak were the villains.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

2021 - Batman
    I love that Man of Steel 2 would be produced in this scenario, but I want my (good) Green Lantern movie, dangit!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

That info regarding a possible MoS 2 might also be why they chose to focus on Superman-related "bonus scenes" for the JL bluray, over other possible scenes. Drum up as much interest as possible.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

I sure as hell hope that's the case, because at this point another solo Superman film is all I want out of this universe.

2021 - Batman
    I'm a little surprised Shazam came together so quickly. It feels like we only heard about it a while ago whereas it feels like we've know about Aquaman for a long time. Logically, I don't get why Suicide Squad 2 is happening before these other movies.

Flashpoint...on the one hand, I'm really excited for it but I'm not very hopeful based on how I've felt about the other movies. I am really excited for Nightwing and Batman though.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Astonishing Member

Just make it 'Big' meets superheroes and you're good. Big has that right balance of humor and comedy.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.