Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Apparently press screenings happening early as this week. Guess that means I'll have to try and avoid JL news completely until opening weekend now.
    Yeah, same...I stopped watching everything once Flash week happened. These little character previews show SO much...
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't think that would lead to Batman being as obsessed with killing Superman as he became in that movie.

I just don't see Batman needing a "white whale" in his life, which Superman seemed to become to him or he tried to make Superman into in his head. If anything, that should just be crime in general.

Not sure I see Supes doing it quite like he did it in that movie though.

But the movie probably needed it to be that way.

Well, he certainly wasn't at his most mentally stable in that movie, which was probably the root cause of his un-Batmanlike behavior.
    I consider him to be normally unstable anyway, but this was supposed to be a particularly dark episode in his life . I like the term you use "white whale", I think a Batman in a moment of feeling defeated and helpless would develop the psychological need for that kind of catharsis. But not ordinarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    You, sir, win the internet today! This post is just fantastic.
    Thanks bro.

As a part of Justice League’s European tour (for non-U.S. participants), Ben Affleck (Batman/Bruce Wayne) himself wanted all admirers & experts to participate in this special #BatmanWeek #JoinTheLeague contest on Instagram. Mr. Affleck’s assignment is simple: “Show me where you gather YOUR LEAGUE.”

This is what I decided to create. That was my idea: that there is ONE strange individual who is not only ready to ACCEPT Mr. Affleck’s challenge, but he is also dying to JOIN the Justice League without actually having any intention of GATHERING it. His name is very well-known… Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!

Enjoy! #MarketingCanBeSoFuuun

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I consider him to be normally unstable anyway, but this was supposed to be a particularly dark episode in his life . I like the term you use "white whale", I think a Batman in a moment of feeling defeated and helpless would develop the psychological need for that kind of catharsis. But not ordinarily.
    I don't, which I guess goes into the disconnect I had with their take on him in the movie (or some of Frank Miller's rendition of the Dark Knight).

Any Batman that thinks he'll find satisfaction or closure by planning to take another life just seems like a really messed up Batman to me. But again, I guess that was the point.

I don't, which I guess goes into the disconnect I had with their take on him in the movie (or some of Frank Miller's rendition of the Dark Knight).

Any Batman that thinks he'll find satisfaction or closure by planning to take another life just seems like a really messed up Batman to me. But again, I guess that was the point.
    I don't prefer him to be like that all the time, but it's something we hadn't seen yet on screen so I really liked that. And it wasn't glorifying it but portraying it as negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I don't prefer him to be like that all the time, but it's something we hadn't seen yet on screen so I really liked that. And it wasn't glorifying it but portraying it as negative.
    Fair enough, but it's not a portrayal I'm all that into so I wasn't all that fond of seeing it on-screen and I feel like it marred a performance/take that I probably would have enjoyed more otherwise (plus all the killing or involuntary manslaughter).

Fair enough, but it's not a portrayal I'm all that into so I wasn't all that fond of seeing it on-screen and I feel like it marred a performance/take that I probably would have enjoyed more otherwise (plus all the killing or involuntary manslaughter).
    Yeah that's down to taste, the good news is going forward he'll still be Badass but not sadistic and disturbed.

This is where I'm at. It looks like we've left that behind, so I'm happy with his behavior in BvS being something I can just ignore.

First Gal and now Henry. I wonder if Warner Bros made "throw Zack under the bus" a talking point for DCEU actors, so they can keep pushing this ongoing "Geoff Johns saved DC movies" narrative.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    First Gal and now Henry. I wonder if Warner Bros made "throw Zack under the bus" a talking point for DCEU actors, so they can keep pushing this ongoing "Geoff Johns saved DC movies" narrative.
    If you read it, he doesn't throw Zack under the bus, just stating the obvious. The DCEU movies as a whole (WW being the exception) have made lots of coin but haven't done well critically. WW has been the only one to do both and has struck the balance they've been trying for, which is not copy Marvel and do their own thing, but do well critically, which paints the way forward. That's all Henry is saying. He's not savaging Snyder. Snyder is gone anyway and even if BvS was the critical and commercial hit everyone was hoping for, he had already made it pretty clear that he'd likely be done after JL. He's made three movies after all.

I haven't read what Gal has said so I can't speak for that, but Henry isn't throwing anyone under the bus. The DCEU took a little time to find their niche with the approach. They struck gold with Wonder Woman. It makes sense that will be their guide going forward, and honestly it isn't all that different from Snyder's approach. Just a better realized script and a little less dingy asthetic.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

A clip of the movie has leaked on Twitter.

I would be careful to avoid spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    If you read it, he doesn't throw Zack under the bus
    Yes, he did. He called Zack's vision for DC movies a "mistake" twice in the same interview for The Rake magazine.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But what Cavill said is 100 percent true, and no more truer than for the character he plays.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    A clip of the movie has leaked on Twitter.

I would be careful to avoid spoilers

Damn. Really? It's not even November yet. We have a long road to go down and leaks are already happening? Not good.