Page 134 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 34841241301311321331341351361371381441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Like i said to each their own but when someone "goes that is not Aquaman " i am like don't you see army of different version characters running around, i don't get why anyone thinks there is an definitive version or look of any character. The world of comics is change
    I'm more used to the Marvel Universe than I am to DC's. So, I don't really accept alternate versions of characters as readily as the DC faithful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Yeah, because Aquaman's never had long hair and a beard before.

Jeezus.
    But, he doesn't even look like him.

BANNED

Because I made a trolling comment somewhere...?

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman was without the Mail Shirt all thruout the 90's in the comics and the DCAU.

Momoa's gone Blond before but you can't ask a dude to dye his beard completely.

This is a fair compromise: 90's Arthur/Orin with Blond streaks wielding the nu52's version's trident.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Mamoa looks great. The lord of the seven seas he is.

I think Mamoa looks great I just hope the beard doesn't come back in the comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Some people aren't fans of alternate looks, believe it or not.
    Like white Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    I'm more used to the Marvel Universe than I am to DC's. So, I don't really accept alternate versions of characters as readily as the DC faithful.
    Grey Hulk
    Small-eyed Spider-Man
    Symbiote Spider-Man
    Spider-Pig
    Iron Spider-Man
    Scarlet Spider
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Superior Spider-Man
    Spider-Gwen
    Tiny small-eared Wolverine
    The 1000 Captain Marvels
    The 1000 Fantastic Four outfits
    Spider-Woman
    Teen Iron Man/Iron Lad
    Waspy British Psylocke
    Ape Beast
    Cat Beast
    Blue Beast
    Nick Fury
    Original Human Torch
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 02-20-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Momoa looks pretty badass. It seems DC is trying very very hard to be grim and edgy.
    Well, at least I'm glad he isn't dressed in Orange and Green. That would have looked ridiculous.

Still the look doesn't scream "AQUAMAN". Guess I'll have to wait and see how it translates to the big screen.

That look is TRÈS Peter David Aquaman, but based on the picture Momoa rocks it better than most of the comics ever did, and mops the floor with the DCAU-version. His beard and hair gives him a kind of regal ancient legend look, like some iteration of Poseidon or Neptune. Also, casting Aquaman with a Hawaiian-America actor is pretty damn inspired.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 02-20-2015 at 05:19 AM.

aquaman90s.jpg

Definitely more inspired by his 90's design. I thought they would go with something like this but I'm still pleasantly surprised by how cool it looks actually seeing it all come together. Wish we got a full body shot so we could see his legs, that filter makes it hard but the pants look green and I would like to see what footwear the King of Atlantis is rocking!

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

In a world where blonde and red haired males are portrayed almost exclusively as bad guys, comics were the last place where you could see many blonde haired and a smattering of red haired male characters who weren't evil, unlikeable and utterly detestable.

It's a great costume design, but it's also an expected shame that they didn't even consider keeping Aquaman blonde.

That looks awesome
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I think Momoa looks great. As for the debate of live action versus comic incarnation. No live action version has ever looked like the comic version. They share some similarities but ultimately they look different than the first incarnations of comic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    In a world where blonde and red haired males are portrayed almost exclusively as bad guys,
    this isn't true and I'm not sure where your getting it from
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The body tats correspond to Jason Mamoa's heritage. In Polynesian tattoo designs, shark teeth usually represents shelter or coverage, guidance, power, ferocity and adaptability.

http://www.apolynesiantattoo.com/pol...ark-teeth.html

I think it's cool that they are making changes to the character to reflect the actor. Creativity at it's finest.

I thought they would give him a few light/blond streaks in his hair, and it looks like they did.

It looks good to me and I actually don't get the complaints on this. When they cast "Khal Drogo" Momoa, it seemed pretty obvious to me, that this Aquaman was going to be more PAD style, than classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    The body tats correspond to Jason Mamoa's heritage. In Polynesian tattoo designs, shark teeth usually represents shelter or coverage, guidance, power, ferocity and adaptability.

http://www.apolynesiantattoo.com/pol...ark-teeth.html

I think it's cool that they are making changes to the character to reflect the actor. Creativity at it's finest.
    Yeah, I really like that bit.

It seems pretty clear to me that WB looked at the JL, and noticed a problem -- they were an all Anglo team (+one green guy). So, they decided to remedy this a bit, with casting Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Mamoa as Aquaman, and brought in Cyborg (Ray Fisher) to be part of the cinematic JL. I do feel bad for individual fans, that may not be getting their dream version of their fav characters, but I think this League will look great together on screen.

I'm hoping the John Stewart GL rumor is also true.