Page 333 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    But if the "magical third option" is appropriate for any character, it's Superman. He defines achieving the impossible. If you boil the character down, that's the very essence of what he represents to me, and I would assume others. It doesn't always have to be "kill or be killed". Their are plenty of characters on a more human level to explore these themes. We're talking about the ultimate SUPER-human. His options are limitless. It's the power fantasy, but it also makes you think that maybe we sell ourselves short with decision making and perhaps there are other possibilities, if we allow ourselves to ascend to our full potential. Our wits can get us far beyond simply "black or white" choices.
    Very true. Good post.

I'm actually hoping there are Aquaman jokes in the movie just like there were in the Geoff Johns comic, ideally in the begining of the movie. Partially for comic relief but mostly so that after two hours of Arthur being awesome the audience will see how misguided those jokes are. Also I want this moment in the end of the movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-06-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I'm actually hoping there are Aquaman jokes in the movie just like there were in the Geoff Johns comic, ideally in the begining of the movie. Partially for comic relief but mostly so that after two hours of Arthur being awesome the audience will see how misguided those jokes are. Also I want this moment in the end of the movie.
    I actually thought the in-story acknowledgment of the fact Aquaman is widely seen as a joke only weakened attempts to make him appear the opposite. Because it's obvious to the reader that Superman, GL, etc. wouldn't ever get that kind of treatment and the point becomes blunt and obvious rather than subconsciously accepted. If you want a character to show power and authority and relevance, you just have him do it. Write him as that character. You don't need to include a detractor's voice only to contradict it, in order to prove it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I actually thought the in-story acknowledgment of the fact Aquaman is widely seen as a joke only weakened attempts to make him appear the opposite. Because it's obvious to the reader that Superman, GL, etc. wouldn't ever get that kind of treatment and the point becomes blunt and obvious rather than subconsciously accepted. If you want a character to show power and authority and relevance, you just have him do it. Write him as that character. You don't need to include a detractor's voice only to contradict it, in order to prove it wrong.
    I agree. Makes him/us/whoever seem insecure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Yeah, agreed. If you live in that world where Aquaman is a living guy with super-strength carrying a huge-arse trident, no one is going to make fun of him to his face. You get quite a few scenes like that in comics, and some of the adapted cartoons/films too where superheroes seem to be joking about the innate cheesiness of something happening, but it makes no sense from an in-story perspective.

I do think you could show him use his telepathy to summon up some aid from the sea and someone asks him if he just "talked to fish," only for Aquaman to just glare at them in return .

I hope he has more than a few second cameo in BvS. I hope the rumors that Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Aquaman all team up to fight Doomsday are true.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-07-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Supposedly something big will be leaked by Umberto this week.

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe?lang=en

DC FANBOY NATION! I have not forsaken thee! Mayimbe & his band of Merry Men came up BIG for you guys! This week only at @heroichollywood RT!

Jesse Eisenberg Says Batman V. Superman Is Not A Cartoonish Superhero Movie - http://comicbook.com/2015/09/07/jess...toonish-super/

WW to being production in November

Deborah Snyder confirms it on video

https://twitter.com/GDIGM/status/638909300660793344
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post

This poster is amazing Hope we get something like this officially with the League - Pete Ross style.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Supposedly something big will be leaked by Umberto this week.

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe?lang=en
    Apparently the rumor is that Warner Bros. wants a revised edition with more Batman and less Superman.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-super...r-screen-time/

...It's from Heroic Hollywood. I don't really think there needs to be any more proof that this makes absolutely no sense.

Astonishing Member

Paul Dini had some comments about Suicide Squad's Joker and Harley appearance.

“Jared Leto’s version of [The Joker] is almost like a decadent rockstar… There’s a little bit of Sid and Nancy to the Joker and Harley, which I always felt would not be a bad look if they were in a live-action movie. If you made the movie all fantasy, yes the animated look works well. But, if you put it in that realistic world, I feel like they would look like down-and out-rockers. They would look dangerous.”

“I know it’s jarring to a lot of the people who love the classic Bruce Timm suit. I love it myself. But in that world, I just don’t see it happening. It’s a rougher, more street look. I think it works fine.”

“I think Margot is very nice. She’s a wonderful actress, certainly very attractive and very talented. I’m very excited to see that interpretation of Harley. That’s the thing about the character. Yeah I created her, but on the other hand I know that she’s other people’s toys and I can’t get too possessive over that.”

http://screenrant.com/harley-quinn-s...uad-paul-dini/

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

“Jared Leto’s version of [The Joker] is almost like a decadent rockstar… There’s a little bit of Sid and Nancy to the Joker and Harley, which I always felt would not be a bad look if they were in a live-action movie. If you made the movie all fantasy, yes the animated look works well. But, if you put it in that realistic world, I feel like they would look like down-and out-rockers. They would look dangerous.”

“I know it’s jarring to a lot of the people who love the classic Bruce Timm suit. I love it myself. But in that world, I just don’t see it happening. It’s a rougher, more street look. I think it works fine.”

“I think Margot is very nice. She’s a wonderful actress, certainly very attractive and very talented. I’m very excited to see that interpretation of Harley. That’s the thing about the character. Yeah I created her, but on the other hand I know that she’s other people’s toys and I can’t get too possessive over that.”

Everything he says makes absolute sense which is expectable from Paul Dini. What a great guy. D'you imagine if Harley was Mark Waid's creation?
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

That definitely seems like a fair, and definitely accurate reading of what Suicide Squad is going for with Joker and Harley, and it's nice to get such a respectable response from Paul Dini regarding them considering how much he contributed to both characters.

Though as far as a more "street-look" or "rougher" outfit for Harley, I think her Arkham City costume accomplished that quite well while still referencing a lot from her classic outfit .

I wonder how he'd feel about a possible DCEU Zatanna though...

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Everything he says makes absolute sense which is expectable from Paul Dini. What a great guy. D'you imagine if Harley was Mark Waid's creation?
    He'd look at the image of Robbie as Quinn on the computer, scream at it, then leave the room ?

All respect to Mark Waid for his contributions to DC and comics as a whole.