BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Those same critics loved Logan, TDKT and a bunch of X-Men films. This is just not true at all. They practically drool for meaningful cbms.
    The recent comments from Iron-Man 1 writer and the marvel climate, Logan, TDKT and a bunch of X-Men films would not have been praised today if they were just starting out as unknown properties. they would have been shunned for been serious and not like not all superheroes movies though superhero movies are not exactly like we are forced to believe right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe), who apparently writes for some comic book film news site called "Heroic Hollywood," posted a pic of Hawkman on his Twitter feed, fueling a rumor that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are getting their own flick.

I'm not usually one for highly unconfirmed rumors of this nature, but I like this one, so I'm inclined to believe it.
    Not that I'd mind, but with all the re-structuring and unsteady ground the DCEU is currently in, I'd be surprised to see them greenlight a Hawks movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That is not the same as good or well made or complex or watchable.
    Well there are people who believe his films are good. Just because critics say it’s bad doesn’t mean I should change my viewpoint.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Well there are people who believe his films are good. Just because critics say it’s bad doesn’t mean I should change my viewpoint.
    Especially when there have been numerous films originally panned by critics that later were deemed good.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Well there are people who believe his films are good.
    There are also people who say the earth is flat and that the moon landing didn't happen. Or that Greg Land is a great artist.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe), who apparently writes for some comic book film news site called "Heroic Hollywood," posted a pic of Hawkman on his Twitter feed, fueling a rumor that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are getting their own flick.

I'm not usually one for highly unconfirmed rumors of this nature, but I like this one, so I'm inclined to believe it.
    I'd love that.

There are also people who say the earth is flat and that the moon landing didn't happen. Or that Greg Land is a great artist.
    So I am Flat Earther because I and others liked the films? Please tell me you're joking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    So I am Flat Earther because I and others liked the films? Please tell me you're joking.
    There is a huge difference between liking a film and it actually being good. Plenty of people seem to love what Michael Bay does.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

There is a huge difference between liking a film and it actually being good. Plenty of people seem to love what Michael Bay does.
    There is also a huge difference between being able to enjoy a nevertheless flawed series of films and believing that the Earth is flat. That doesn't equate at all.

That prior statement was either just a joke on your behalf or incredibly arrogant.

I like the films and think they're good (which doesn't mean they're masterpieces, before someone makes a comment to that effect in rebuttal), despite my not believing the moon landing wasn't faked. As for Bay, I'm not sure I have a seen a complete film of his to give a critique one way or the other.

BANNED

Are you saying people are wrong to like Zack Snyder’s work? Because that’s what I feel like you’re implying.

I don’t get why Tyler Perry keeps getting work because I can’t stand his films, but I’m have no problem with those who enjoy those films. Why? Because I have better things to do that doesn’t include being a Debbie Downer on others’ enjoyment.

Wouldn’t surprise me if you were one of Mr Plinkett fans who goes out of their way to show why fans of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy are wrong for loving those films as well.

What you consider good is different to others. For example some believe it was good that The Force Awakens paid homage to the OT. Others felt that it was a complete ripoff that it made the actions of OT heroes overall a pointless waste of time and a huge mistake for the sequel trilogy.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-13-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I like the films and think they're good (which doesn't mean they're masterpieces, before someone makes a comment to that effect in rebuttal), despite my not believing the moon landing wasn't faked. As for Bay, I'm not sure I have a seen a complete film of his to give a critique one way or the other.
    I can't believe that we still have to make that clarification on here to be honest. The whole 'Yeah, I know they're flawed but....' thing. No-one's ever asserted otherwise on here as far as I'm aware. We all know that WB has struggled with this series.

Is there any form of mass entertainment out there that is 100% faultless? The vast majority of stuff out there you could pick apart if it pleased a person to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I can't believe that we still have to make that clarification on here to be honest. The whole 'Yeah, I know they're flawed but....' thing. No-one's ever asserted otherwise on here as far as I'm aware. We all know that WB has struggled with this series.

Is there any form of mass entertainment out there that is 100% faultless? The vast majority of stuff out there you could pick apart if it pleased a person to do so.
    Yeah, is there a CBM remotely close to being really great in the sense that, i.e., On The Waterfront (my pick for greatest film of all-time) is? I like a lot of them, but they're not up to that level (or necessarily need to be, IMO).

There actually isn't a difference at all. All art is subjective. There's no such thing as objectively good art. If you like it, it's good to you. If you don't, it's bad to you.

If you could posit any reliable metric of what makes any piece of art "good," I'd love to know about it, because it doesn't exist.

You can measure critic responses but all critic responses are subjective too. So are box office numbers. So are Oscars. Every metric for judging art is a subjective one.

As a person that works in the arts for a living I know that the only important opinion is the one that each individual person has since one can only judge any form of art according to one's own inherent biases.

People need to differentiate between the idea that a film is being pitched to the studio and the film actually ever getting made. You all remember the fate of the movies Superman Lives and Batman Triumphant, don't you?
    Or more recently Batgirl. And those are just the ones we are aware of.