where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Hey look on the bright side at least these are some directors who probably won't be leaving cause of creative differences.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "Comedic tone" for a story like Flashpoint?
    Flashpoint is most likely not going to be adapted faithfully anyway. It's very likely that they'll change the film to just a normal solo Flash film now with some DC characters cameoing because there's no way going back to the darker direction that was thing back when Snyder was still involved-- that era is over.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-16-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be nice if they could finally nail down a director at least.

But adapting Flashpoint with the new direction and tone they seemed to be moving towards was always going to be weird. It is not a very happy and sunny story.

Even the TV version ended with Barry helping Thawne kill his mother and then basically screwing over the lives of everyone he cared about for basically the entire season.
    I heard a rumor about this earlier. At least Goldstein wrote Spiderman Homecoming. I can't say this choice isn't a let down when you consider the names that were being thrown in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They directed Vacation Well not pleased with this.
    Why does it seem like getting a strong director is less of a priority for the Flash movie? I wasn't even all that pleased about Famuyiwa when he was announced.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Flashpoint is most likely not going to be adapted faithfully anyway. It's very likely that it'll change the film to just a normal solo Flash film now.
    I'm inclined to believe this as well with this announcement/rumor.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure how crazy I am about this. I'm ready, willing, and able to be pleasantly surprised, but my initial reaction is less than ideal.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

At least this gives me hope that they might be aiming for a more light-hearted, less overly grimdark version of Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

To folks who are a bit antsy about this choice just remember the Russo brothers pre-Winter Soldier didn't have exactly the most spectacular of resumes. Their last directing gig prior WS was You, Me and Dupree of all things and they weren't picked because of their feature film work they were picked(along with being cheap) because of their work on Community. Warners wouldn't have picked them if they didn't see something in them that was promising. Personally I would've much preferred Lord and Miller but these guys aren't egregious choices by the shot. It could be worse it could be...McG or Micheal Bay. However these guys have never directed something of this scale before, I mean even Seth Grahime Smith at least directed a couple television shows. This looks more an Alex Kurtzman-esque hiring if anything.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-16-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    To folks who are a bit antsy about this choice just remember the Russo brothers pre-Winter Soldier didn't have exactly the most spectacular of resumes. Their last directing gig prior WS was You, Me and Dupree of all things and they weren't picked because of their feature film work they were picked(along with being cheap) because of their work on Community. Warners wouldn't have picked them if they didn't see something in them that was promising. Personally I would've much preferred Lord and Miller but these guys aren't egregious choices by the shot. It could be worse it could be...McG or Micheal Bay. However these guys have never directed something of this scale before, I mean even Seth Grahime Smith at least directed a couple television shows. This looks more an Alex Kurtzman-esque hiring if anything.
    It's not them doing comedy in the past that scares me it's the comedy they did.

Mighty Member

Still in talks, not confirmed yet. I'll take the wait and see approach.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

There are few things I hate more than associating the Flash with tragedy and comic relief. They're going for two birds with one stone it looks like. I won't pout yet but I don't like what I'm hearing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's not them doing comedy in the past that scares me it's the comedy they did.
    If Game Night sucks... I will be officially worried. Game Night looks like it has a very similar tone to Horrible Bosses.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 01-16-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    At least this gives me hope that they might be aiming for a more light-hearted, less overly grimdark version of Flashpoint.
    This. But I don't know if I'm hopeful about it because Flashpoint is supposed to be pretty dark. I am hopeful, though, because Homecoming was successful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    This. But I don't know if I'm hopeful about it because Flashpoint is supposed to be pretty dark. I am hopeful, though, because Homecoming was successful.
    Homecoming is basically the only thing that makes this announcement a hopeful one. Why does the Flash movie keep getting the weakest director choices?! I don't understand.

While the Flash is my favorite character, this movie has been a disaster from the start. With the recent announcements for Flashpoint (which is a story I hate in the first place) nothing leaves me to think this movie is salvageable.

Movie looks doomed to fail and with no original ideas, we will see if they don’t leave like the previous because they haven’t even got to filming so it would be foolish looking at the history of this project to feel secure