BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Can't be true. The second half of the film is majority action. Would make a very unbalanced pair of two movies.
    One would assume that a great deal of action has been removed from the first half.

Alternatively, balance really isn't what Snyder movies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Eh like others said, it's just slow news day. I wanted to make fun of WB that even some adult movie studio seems to care more about GL than they do.
    Oops my bad, apologies Johnny, I thought it was mentioned for another reason. I should've read the comments carefully

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Look DC made a mistake by backing the wrong horse in Snyder and thinking everything needed to be dark grim and gritty...but it looks like they know how to course correct.

LF needs to do the same and I think its starts by actually having a plan when directors come in or are brought in to pitch their spin. I mean what is the point of having a whole story group around if they aren't actually even providing a broad outline for the movies.
    There were numerous interviews before BvS' release that said BvS was as dark as it would get. Only two DC movies can be called dark and even then how dark they are is greatly exaggerated.

I also love how everyone complains about Snyder being too dark while hoping Whedon can "course correct". Whedon who is mostly known for psychologically destroying his characters because he thinks it makes them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Didn't seem right to start a whole new thread, so I'll start the discussion here: did anybody else like BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE as a movie, but not like the title? I'm a huge fan of the movie itself, but never warmed to the title they gave it. The title didn't fit the tone of the movie that was made and released.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Batman Vs. Superman would have been a fine title. Is there a reason behind using V instead of Vs?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Batman Vs. Superman would have been a fine title. Is there a reason behind using V instead of Vs?
    ZS said "v" represented a more ideological battle like the "v." in court cases. As opposed to "vs." which specifically represents smack downs and play-offs i.e. just something more physical.

BANNED

And then proceeded to bungle said ideological battle.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    And then proceeded to bungle said ideological battle.
    It was okay.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The disagreement between Superman and Batman doesn't really play because the theatrical cut utterly fails to show Superman's side of the argument and the director's cut fails to have him articulate his problem with Batman in any convincing way. Batman has become demonstrably more violent and blood thirsty, but Superman doesn't really do anything about it aside from wrecking the Batmobile and telling him to retire without doing anything about the machine gun toting bad guys Batman was chasing. Had he captured them all without maiming, torturing or blowing them up, maybe he'd have a point. However, he doesn't do that. He just totals Batman's car, threatens him and flies off. Not exactly a very convincing way of getting your point across or a particularly Superman way of dealing with the situation either.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ZS said "v" represented a more ideological battle like the "v." in court cases. As opposed to "vs." which specifically represents smack downs and play-offs i.e. just something more physical.
    Still so gimmicky. Was not the approach for our first ever Superman/Batman film.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Still so gimmicky. Was not the approach for our first ever Superman/Batman film.
    Well, a Superman/Batman crossover is a gimmick by its very nature. Just be glad we weren't overrun by the zombie apocalypse on its release like in the I Am Legend universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The disagreement between Superman and Batman doesn't really play because the theatrical cut utterly fails to show Superman's side of the argument and the director's cut fails to have him articulate his problem with Batman in any convincing way. Batman has become demonstrably more violent and blood thirsty, but Superman doesn't really do anything about it aside from wrecking the Batmobile and telling him to retire without doing anything about the machine gun toting bad guys Batman was chasing. Had he captured them all without maiming, torturing or blowing them up, maybe he'd have a point. However, he doesn't do that. He just totals Batman's car, threatens him and flies off. Not exactly a very convincing way of getting your point across or a particularly Superman way of dealing with the situation either.
    He doesn't do anything about them because all he knows is that they were attacked by a lunatic in a bat costume at night. The weapons can be excused as them needing something to defend themselves in a crime ridden hell hole like Gotham. The director's cut also has Clark arguing that Bruce is only going after lower income people and he even has a conversation with a family member of one of Bruce's victims.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He doesn't do anything about them because all he knows is that they were attacked by a lunatic in a bat costume at night. The weapons can be excused as them needing something to defend themselves in a crime ridden hell hole like Gotham. The director's cut also has Clark arguing that Bruce is only going after lower income people and he even has a conversation with a family member of one of Bruce's victims.
    That's got to be the poorest excuse for Superman not taking down a bunch of guys who were committing a number of crimes while fleeing a known vigilante. I'm sure it would have occurred to Superman that they would've called 9-1-1 if they were indeed innocent.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They had heavy machine guns mounted on trucks shooting up the entire neighborhood. Are you seriously trying to say that Superman should have given the benefit of the doubt to these obviously shady characters transporting something illicit under the cover of night. Unless you are claiming that the DCEU Superman is hopelessly naive chump, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Poor people being oppressed by a crazed vigilante can't afford heavy munitions, a semi-truck, and a fleet of smaller trucks to defend it--criminals do.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    That's got to be the poorest excuse for Superman not taking down a bunch of guys who were committing a number of crimes while fleeing a known vigilante. I'm sure it would have occurred to Superman that they would've called 9-1-1 if they were indeed innocent.
    You caught the part where Clark made it clear that it looked like the GCPD were actually HELPING the Bat Vigilante, right? No, if you're under attack by him, you don't call the cops because you have no reason to believe they'll help.

And what crimes were they committing? Shooting back at a maniac who was trying to shoot them and run them off the road?

They had heavy machine guns mounted on trucks shooting up the entire neighborhood. Are you seriously trying to say that Superman should have given the benefit of the doubt to these obviously shady characters transporting something illicit under the cover of night. Unless you are claiming that the DCEU Superman is hopelessly naive chump, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Poor people being oppressed by a crazed vigilante can't afford heavy munitions, a semi-truck, and a fleet of smaller trucks to defend it--criminals do.
    Evidence that what they were transporting was illegal? Plenty of rich people and corporations try to discretely import important items. An argument could be made that they were transporting some new corporate secret for LexCorp and they feared corporate sabotage and/or a sudden assault by a psychopath in a bat suit. Hence? The heavy security.

There is no evidence that Batman was even slightly heroic. He was a criminal attacking a group of people who knew to expect an attack by him. Maybe they were other criminals, or maybe they were security contractors protecting a discrete shipment. Bottom line is? They didn't start shooting up the city until the Bat showed up and started trying to murder them. THEY were not the instigators of this conflict. The Bat was.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think Batman had blown up the machine gun by the time Superman showed up. Can't remember if that happens.

Either way i's fair to say he should have apprehended them, but I think if all Superman hears is gunfire and sees Batman is involved, it's not unreasonable to think he prioritizes giving Batman his ultimatum. Those other criminals, may they be smugglers or drug dealers or worse, can and probably will be caught later. But Batman is one very capable person with a symbol behind him and who considers himself above the law.