Page 1829 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 82913291729177918191825182618271828182918301831183218331839 ... LastLast
Results 27,421 to 27,435 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    December 7th has no major blockbuster releases I believe it's all award contender and international films which is a different demographic than the general audience goer Aquaman will be targeting. IMO Aquaman would benefit from just coming out two weeks earlier. Hey and fans get to see it two weeks earlier.
    There's a reason for that. In the US, the first two weeks of December are X-Mas Shopping Weeks and many people usually don't go to cinemas then.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I was brainstorming about the GL movie WB has planned. I like to brainstorm my own way of doing things. That being said, who could you stomach to see in a GL reboot?

I think people are sick to death of hero vs his evil twin. So no Sinestro.

Also, I imagine this tale being smaller in scale. Compared to GL 2011 save the world story.

So far I've contemplated:

Manhunters/Legion/Grandmaster - Man vs Machine is a tired trope at this point in film, but this has potential.

Star Sapphire - Either Carol Ferris or Deborah Darnell

Lobo - Bounty Hunter tracking down Lantern rings. There are 9 in total but 7 Corps you can harvest them from.

Royal Flush Gang - If you gave them powers to compete against GL.

If you had to go big/end of the world. I'd go with:

Anti-Monitor

The Centre

Chronos - A la JLU's Once and Future Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Mary Poppins moved up to the same day as Aquaman, Bumblebee and Alita. Damn Disney!

I guess the Atlanteans will HAVE to move now.
    Ok, WB has to swallow their pride and move Aquaman.

There's a reason for that. In the US, the first two weeks of December are X-Mas Shopping Weeks and many people usually don't go to cinemas then.
    People don't go out to do Christmas shopping anymore sadly as a fan of Brick and Mortar.

Incredible Member

Mary Poppins moved up to the same day as Aquaman, Bumblebee and Alita. Damn Disney!

If they try to stay now it’ll kill the movie and won’t have any legs it was already a hard enough day just do everyone a favor for who wants to see this movie do well financially and move it.

Ultimate Member

Move to WHERE????

Yall are forgetting about another movie-whose release day of December 14 BENEFITS DISNEY- Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse with MILES MORALES.

So your choice is those 3 or Miles Morales.

Keep in mind this-Between the 14th & 21-you will have kids doing one of two things.

EARLY release from school for final exams (6th-12th)
    Already out for Christmas Break

I would take my chances with Miles Morales. Because at least in Texas-most of our schools do finals leading to the 14th. After that you have kids already OUT. Meaning it does not MATTER what Mary, Bee & Alita do that weekend-you already got a head start of 7 days.

Unless you want to move up to the 7th. Where all you have so far is Mary Queen of Scots. At least then you have the week leading to the 14th and kids out of school or early release.

One things for sure we know what number one will be. No way aquaman will beat marry poppins. It's now a fight for second place! (also no surprise Disney has been airing the classic movie on tv to promote it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    One things for sure we know what number one will be. No way aquaman will beat marry poppins. It's now a fight for second place! (also no surprise Disney has been airing the classic movie on tv to promote it.)
    I think your overestimating the public's interest in a Mary Poppins remake. If it was the Will Smith Aladdin remake, or Jon Favreau's Lion King remake, or the Mulan remake, then there would be cause for concern.

However, I doubt there is serious hunger for a movie about a Nanny and children. Considering the book is nothing like the original Disney adapation. I don't know who a remake would be for.

As for the crowded dates. Studio films continue to cannibalize each other.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Well they said that about jungle book and it was a big hit. Batb came after and was also a big hit and pooh is next! Plus like I said Disney is airing the first one on tv so kids who have not seen it can. (smart move)

Well they said that about jungle book and it was a big hit. Batb came after and was also a big hit and pooh is next! Plus like I said Disney is airing the first one on tv so kids who have not seen it can. (smart move)
    The Jungle Book was CGI production and adventure. People love Beauty and the Beast animated. And doing an almost shot for shot remake musical, with songs everybody can sing along too was what people enjoyed.

A story about a flying nanny being the governess to 2 children, an workaholic father, and set in early 1900s London. Doesn't really scream mega millions. Just going by Disney's other ventures into this genre. Like their Narnia films, or Oz the Great and Powerful. Even WB's LOTR/Hobbit and their Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts films have more to offer.

Disney has done a lot better with their live action remakes of animate movies people care about.

Alice in Wonderland 1
    Maleficent - The sequel of which is filming now.
    Cinderella
    Beauty and the Beast
    Jungle Book

I don't think kids today will care about the movie. It'll be up to the parents who saw the first one.

Lol you're way overestimating Mary Poppins. Not sure why though... Younger folks definitely won't care for it
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-a-go-1126127

The Joaquin Phoenix Todd Phillips-directed Joker movie is officially slated to begin production in September.

Looks like the Elseworlds films are happening, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-a-go-1126127

The Joaquin Phoenix Todd Phillips-directed Joker movie is officially slated to begin production in September.

Looks like the Elseworlds films are happening, for better or for worse.
    Well I guess that's that. If the DCEU continues to bomb I can see them scrapping everything besides WW and just sticking with standalones like these Elseworld movies.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Is Joker really a compelling enough character to support his own movie without the Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Lol you're way overestimating Mary Poppins. Not sure why though... Younger folks definitely won't care for it
    BvS moved because it was opening against Civil War and it was a good decision it's opening weekend was huge and would had taken a hit if facing Civil War simply because it would had deluded the audience potential. Aquaman is going to take a hit between Bumblebee and Mary Poppins if you support Aquaman and want it to succeed to it's fullest potential you should want it to move.