BANNED

Really for me it's the opposite, I personally didn't like BvS at all, it had good moments but it didn't feel worth the ticket to me. MoS and Wonder Woman felt like cinematic experiences on the other hand. To me atleast. I'm expecting Aquaman to be big to, which would be insane if true given he's pretty much the black sheep of the Justice League main roster.

Jett says Snyder's first cut of JL was a "dark and convoluted mess". Man, I hope Whedon can save this movie because it sounds like a nightmare right now.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Really for me it's the opposite, I personally didn't like BvS at all, it had good moments but it didn't feel worth the ticket to me. MoS and Wonder Woman felt like cinematic experiences on the other hand. To me atleast. I'm expecting Aquaman to be big to, which would be insane if true given he's pretty much the black sheep of the Justice League main roster.
    I too preferred Man of Steel & Wonder Woman to Batman v. Superman. Though the latter was still decent to me, the stand-alone films were better. That's usually how it is in cinematic universes even in the MCU. Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron are considering inferior movies to the likes of Iron Man and The Winter Soldier because they had to set up a lot of films and were generally bogged down by a lot of plot lines. Batman v. Superman had a similar goal in the DCEU and it seems like the same issues occurred.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Jett says Snyder's first cut of JL was a "dark and convoluted mess". Man, I hope Whedon can save this movie because it sounds like a nightmare right now.
    I doubt Jett knows what he's talking about. But if he's right, this is in WB for not going in another direction prior to production.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Like I said after watching the movie, it had a lot of good moments that had really good build-up but they never quite paid off for me. For me it's just a good movie, maybe better in some ways than BvS but it's not as entertaining (I really don't get the hype). I think Aquaman is going to be the best and most entertaining DCEU movie so far. And I put Batman v Superman above Wonder Woman and way above Man of Steel. But we'll see if it delivers on the potential that I see.
    What a crazy time we live in to be able to say this about Aquaman
    Superhero shows are trash

Ultimate Member

We've been that way since the other team managed to pull off making GOTG work. Nothing is out of reach now it would seem.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    I too preferred Man of Steel & Wonder Woman to Batman v. Superman. Though the latter was still decent to me, the stand-alone films were better. That's usually how it is in cinematic universes even in the MCU. Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron are considering inferior movies to the likes of Iron Man and The Winter Soldier because they had to set up a lot of films and were generally bogged down by a lot of plot lines. Batman v. Superman had a similar goal in the DCEU and it seems like the same issues occurred.
    I think the last two minutes of MoS show a hope and some promises BvS didn't cash in. Clark goes back in his shell again, not out of it like BvS promises. I don't mind Clark killing Zod (I call him Superdeath from now on) or being Emo as someone who has struggled with depression himself it makes him even more of a hero for me. I don't mind Bruce loosing his shit AFTER watching a skyscraper full of his people crash and burn just because it is not what SOME fans wanted. What I don't like is how Snyder sets up BvS with his MoS ending, then goes "Just kidding, its worse from here on". Did he watch too much GoT? If you adapt Frank Miller's veteran Batman please do right by him because he's Frank Miller and he knows better than you (at least he did back in the 80s)
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 08-12-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Slightly off-topic, but still relevant:

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/896239589299556354

This is a real article from AV Club. Someone actually wrote this and an editor approved it. Let that sink in.

Now, please, don't you dare tell me that there's no media bias against Zack Snyder and every criticism he gets for his movies is entirely justified. This is getting out of control!
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but still relevant:

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/896239589299556354

This is a real article from AV Club. Someone actually wrote this and an editor approved it. Let that sink in.

Now, please, don't you dare tell me that there's no media bias against Zack Snyder and every criticism he gets for his movies is entirely justified. This is getting out of control!
    It's a very silly story, at the very least.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I doubt Jett knows what he's talking about. But if he's right, this is in WB for not going in another direction prior to production.
    I agree on both points. If JL truly is a mess right now then it is on WB/DC for not course correcting before JL.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I agree on both points. If JL truly is a mess right now then it is on WB/DC for not course correcting before JL.
    Seeing how "Jett" has been anti-DCEU since the moment it was announced, I doubt there's much, if any, truth to this.

WB and Johns managed to course correct Wonder Woman which had already done shooting halfway when the BvS reviews came out. No way they wouldn't have tightened the reins for JL which hadn't even started shooting back then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    For what it's worth, Batman on Film was one of very few sources who's inside info on Batman v. Superman turned out to be correct.
    BOF also said Wonder Woman was a similar mess and that the Amazons were supposed to be descended from Kryptonians. All they've been doing is spread negative rumors about the DCEU movies. If some movies don't turn out to be great then BOF only looks correct in retrospect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I think the last two minutes of MoS show a hope and some promises BvS didn't cash in. Clark goes back in his shell again, not out of it like BvS promises. I don't mind Clark killing Zod (I call him Superdeath from now on) or being Emo as someone who has struggled with depression himself it makes him even more of a hero for me. I don't mind Bruce loosing his shit AFTER watching a skyscraper full of his people crash and burn just because it is not what SOME fans wanted. What I don't like is how Snyder sets up BvS with his MoS ending, then goes "Just kidding, its worse from here on". Did he watch too much GoT? If you adapt Frank Miller's veteran Batman please do right by him because he's Frank Miller and he knows better than you (at least he did back in the 80s)
    Yeah BVS regresses his character from where it is at the end of MOS. I agree about that.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah BVS regresses his character from where it is at the end of MOS. I agree about that.
    I can see this argument, MOS ended on the premise that "I'm cool with being Superman now." But I would say the real conclusion was that he was going to openly and continuously be Superman, and BvS was the resulting complications his father warned about now that he was out in the open. I can see why people were over the "complications" piece though, while I enjoyed them.